Abbott and Costello Meet . . .

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Abbott and Costello meet . . .

That figure kind of reminds me of Andy Richter from Conan O'Brien.

Hey jungle jom, I saw this browsing at Monkey Depot and instantly thought of your Abbott and Costello project. Might be useful for bulking up your Lou?

https://www.monkeydepot.com/Suit_Crazy_Dummy_Figure_Bulking_p/cdl0097-v282.htm

CDL0097-V282-2.jpg

That looks pretty good, but I think it isn't quite fat enough in the belly for Lou...

Thanks to everyone as I bought the DVD of Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein. My wife left for the afternoon and I had a quiet stroll down memory lane as I loved this as a kid. I remember checking out every Universal Monster book in the library. What a great way to spend the day!

I've been watching the first 1/4 of "Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein" over and over to try and get the clothing details for this project right.

The most fun I've had researching anything.

I got Abbott's shirt done. Next I'm going to start work on his apron. I purchased some denim material and will start to sew it this week.

I also still need to buy a fat suit for Costello, I can't start his clothes until I get him fattened up.

DSC_0028-1.jpg

Thanks so much I-man...

I'll have to look into that!

Thanks Obsolete, I'm weighing my options right now and will probably order something in the next few days.

Back to work on Abbott's apron...

SST's Sgt. Schultz has what may be the best fat suit available.Good bulk, nice contouring and fairly flexible. I tracked down a second one for my Dr.Zaius figure, it's so good. Tough to find, though...PS

I'll have to track down some shots of Schultz's fat suit, Wax.

Thanks for the info!

If you made that shirt by yourself you could easily make a fat suit. You could simplify it too by using a one piece spandex type jumpsuit you can find online, then sew "fat" compartments onto it stuffed with stuffing. The 1/6 fat suits you can buy are fairly simple when you look at them and if you made that shirt from scratch a fat suit would be easy.

The Sideshow fat suits aren't so great, rather odd shaped. But a cheaper one would be the one that came with the Shaun of the Dead figure (I picked both those figures up for about $10 each). Hogan's Heros figures are normally pretty pricey.

Sean

Last edited:

Here's a pic of the Schultz fat suit, as modeled by Dr. Zaius...
PICT0002-2.jpg

I find this to be a pretty good suit;bulks up Zaius very nicely...PS

Last edited:

Work is going well on Bud's apron.

Today I was looking at a still from the film and I noticed that Abbott is wearing a Knit tie and I was thinking how in the world am I going to make that?

Then it hit me... why not try a black shoe lace?

Guess what? It's perfect!

I'll post some shots when the apron is complete.

Abbott's tie and apron finally done. The figure is really taking shape!

I also received the fat suit for Lou, I also ordered some shoes and socks for him. I'll have to work on his shirt, tie, and apron so I can catch him up to Bud. After he is all caught up it will be time to start on their pants.

I'm leaving their jackets for last since they are the most complicated to make.

I also went to a watch repair shop and bought two women's watch buckles, the smallest I could find, for their belt buckles.

I'll post some shots tomorrow, I hope...

Cool, looking forward to seeing some updates. I'm in the middle of sculpting an Oliver Hardy head at the moment. So far it's ok. Will have to start on Stan soon.

Sean

Cool, looking forward to seeing some updates. I'm in the middle of sculpting an Oliver Hardy head at the moment. So far it's ok. Will have to start on Stan soon.

Sean

Sean... I'd love to see what you do with Mr. Laurel and Mr. Hardy.

Please post some shots when you are able.

Here is a quick shot of Bud and Lou. Lou with his fat suit and Bud with his costume 1/2 complete.

DSC_0001-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back