Abbott and Costello Meet . . .

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Abbott and Costello meet . . .

Painted up... they look great , Alex!

By the way Bud had blue eyes...

I'd love to see a shot of them looking at each other.

I redid Buds hat today, learning from my mistakes on the first one. Then I made Lou's. I have to find the right fabric now to complete the top parts of the hats.

DSC_0005-1.jpg

DSC_0005-1.jpg

DSC_0003-2.jpg

i would definitely be down for 12" figures from Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein. My favorite film of theirs. get on it, Hot Toys!

Congrats on finally acquiring these sculpts, read the entire thread you put a lot of hard work in on these 2 and it paid off, keep the great pics coming.

Thanks so much for your interest, Guinness. I'm glad you took the time to go through this thread and hope you enjoyed my progress thus far.

This weekend I will be working out the logistics of creating the upper portion of the hats. Hope my sewing skills are up to the challenge and it works out like I hope, otherwise I will have to sculpt the upper portion.

Well, I tried to make the upper portions of the hats out to cloth but after many attempts it just didn't work out.

I then went on to plan B and used Sculpy to create the upper portions of the hats and I think they came out very nice. I made Bud's hat just a little higher than Lou's to help "sell" the height difference. The hats still need to be painted and once I get the cloth for the jackets I'll try to match the color of the hats. Oh Yes... The hats are removable.

Here are two shots

DSC_0005-2.jpg

DSC_0004-4.jpg

Alex I want the Hats with Mine also...AWESOME my friend AWESOME! Your doing jackets also? Outstanding...

Back again...

I purchased the bodies for Bud and Lou. I used two SS Luke Skywalker figures because they were both short Buck bodies. I chopped 1/2 inch from one body's legs to make Lou shorter than Bud, and I think I got the proportions right.

I will post some shots of the boys with the monsters soon.

Here are two shots of Bud and Lou. Bud on a Buck short body and Lou on a short Buck body with a quarter inch cut off of both the thigh and shin, making him 1/2 inch shorter than Abbott.

Lou has been on a diet so he will need to be fattened up quite a bit!

DSC_0002-2.jpg

One with the hats on and...

DSC_0004-5.jpg

One with the hats off.

Hey, Sean!

I am going slow and steady on this project. I'm not really thinking about the outfits yet.

My next step will be fattening up Lou. Once I get that done to my satisfaction it will be on to the costumes. I'll either start with the shirts or maybe the aprons.

But first Lou needs to gain some weight!

The last step will be hiring a painter for the heads.

Yeah, I think I got the height about right...

157245ad.jpg

DSC_0004-5.jpg

Jungle,

Looking real good from here...you got the heights spot on! Looking forward to seeing more pics...

Thanks Geronimo...

Maybe you can use the same method to shorten up your Lou Costello from "Buck Privates"!

Just a quick update:

I'm nearing the completion of Abbott's shirt... I just need to attach the cuffs to the sleeves. It came out better than I thought I was capable of sewing. The collar is nice and tight which was the thing I was worrying about most of all.

The way it came out gives me the confidence I need to try and make the jackets!

I will post pics as soon as the shirt is done.

Here's a trick I used to make my Glenn Strange monster more menacing;I put him on a "Bigboy"body! I also lengthened his legs a bit(1/8").Of course, using the Bb body required a few tweaks, but he now towers appropriately over most of my other figures.I'll try to get a few pix of him...PS

Back