Aayla Secura Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless you're very lucky, the answer will be no. I bought an "imperfect" Aayla from a retailer (the lightsaber didn't work). Knowing all these problems - and fixes - I decided to buy it as it was a bargain price. Sadly, the reason the lightsaber didn't work is because it was snapped internally in two places.

I also dropped Sideshow an email to see if I could actually buy a replacement (not exchange or refund). The reply was...confusing. They never seemed to acknowledge I had asked them a direct question and suggested that I returned it to the retailer.

Bit gutted but at least I can still display Aayla without any noticable breakages. Still hoping someone has a spare and looks on the WTB board. :pray:

:exactly: not my Aayla I bought direct from SS, but another statue I got the same non clear answer, then they say ask your retailer about their return policy.

How did you get a replacement so soon? Last I heard it is April for mine.

I bought the reg from a local dealer and they changed the broken one with a complete new one.
btw. the replacement arrived in new condition. :clap I very stunning piece.

2ohi8noq.jpg

:exactly: not my Aayla I bought direct from SS, but another statue I got the same non clear answer, then they say ask your retailer about their return policy.

LOL. Thats exactly what they said. To confuse matters even more I bought the statue from a retailer through their eBay outlet. I'll just have to suck it up....it's not as if I'll use the light up feature anyway but I know I'll be annoyed that the breaks are there.

You don't notice them unless you REALLY look up close, but its' more the fact that I know they are there.....

Other than that, the statue does look amazing. I love that the shade of blue, whilst not totally screen accurate, really does add to the presence of Aayla.

I bought the reg from a local dealer and they changed the broken one with a complete new one.
btw. the replacement arrived in new condition. :clap I very stunning piece.

2ohi8noq.jpg

Ah, very nice. Congrats. One day I will have mine on display, hopefully within a month.

I have to admit she looks way better in person..Im happy with her..even that she could be way better!

No dice. :(

"I am sorry; we do not have a repair facility here."

We'll see how good my skills are.

Repair Sucessful!! :clap

Turns out I had a cold solder joint with the power connector post.

AalyaSecuraPremium002_zpsb006c6e5.jpg

Removed the edition sheet.

AalyaSecuraPremium003_zpscb097dd6.jpg

Switch and post connections.

AalyaSecuraPremium007_zps51896ced.jpg

Cold solder joint.

AalyaSecuraPremium011_zps7e9b7702.jpg

Repaired.

AalyaSecuraPremium015_zpsbeb9d1a1.jpg

Refilled with hot glue.

AalyaSecuraPremium019_zps1799d5a7.jpg

Complete.

AalyaSecuraPremium021_zpscc63f5c4.jpg

Beautifully bright.

AalyaSecuraPremium026_zps8bc1dfd0.jpg

Great job hold...that's awesome.

So who is gonna make us a sexy shirt for her...the more pics I see the more I'm convinced she would only look better

Excellent work man. I happy your piece was saved. This one of my wife's favorite pieces. It's really underated IMO.

Wow! Great work! That's what I need done to mine. But I have zero skills even after I see how you did it. I have no clue how to fix mine. Still waiting for SS to get more replacements.

Back