Aaron Eckhart as Two-Face Illustration - WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
damn your making me want one of them tablets for my photoshop work and i needs more money for hot toys stuffz :mad:

nice job on it loving the eyes and the burnt half.

Thanks. It's taken me about 7 years to be able to do this. I've been illustrating in Photoshop since 2001, and the more I do and the different types I do, it forces me to problem solve and figure out ways to achieve things, and a big help was getting a graphic tablet and pen for parts like the hair, the quality of my haired people since I got that went up infinitely.

what do you do on ps, do you draw on top of the original picture as a separate layer, or select pieces and re-color them? i'm still relatively new to ps, and i was just wondering the techniques you use, which seem to be great.:D

what do you do on ps, do you draw on top of the original picture as a separate layer, or select pieces and re-color them? i'm still relatively new to ps, and i was just wondering the techniques you use, which seem to be great.:D

I use the original image to rough in the basic shapes of the major elements, in this case, the head, hair and clothes, then I create a layer for each element that I can and prefer to have separate for my work flow and just build the elements up with the original image open in another window for reference.

Looking really good so far, I'll be watching this thread closely for updates...can't wait to see the finished drawing.

I love my Wacom tablet and have made a few digital paintings as well. I had a Graphire for a few years, but finally but a 6x8" Intuos3 last March and it's easily been one of my most cherished purchases...I just love it. I'm such a perfectionist sometimes...the world of digital art,with layers and undo's and infinite art supplies, is a much more inviting art arena for me.

I have a Wacom, but it is small so I can't do way too much with it. It is still a blast to play around with though.

I use the original image to rough in the basic shapes of the major elements, in this case, the head, hair and clothes, then I create a layer for each element that I can and prefer to have separate for my work flow and just build the elements up with the original image open in another window for reference.

one day i am definitely going to try that...but it would probably not be nearly as good as yours.:rolleyes:

I have a Wacom, but it is small so I can't do way too much with it. It is still a blast to play around with though.

Yeah, it wasn't cheap getting the one of the size I did, but I knew it wouldn't be worthwhile spending money on smaller. If you really feel you'll get mileage out of your investment, it's totally worth it.

Not quite sure, the work area on it's about 5 inches by 3 1/2 inches. I got it like 3 years ago, I remember at the time it was pricier than some but those had like 3 x 2 working area. This one works just fine with a monitor resolution of 1920 x 1200.

I got my 6x8 tablet on eBay....eBay's not the best place to find everything, but it worked out well to find a tablet. Just be patient and you're likely to find a good deal, I got my tablet(which had been opened and only slightly used) which retails for around $300 and a Wacom Ink Pen(a tablet pen that also has an ink cartridge so you can lay a piece of paper on the tablet and get a more tactile feeling of drawing) that retails for $70, I got the whole package for around $250 with shipping. And like MaulFan said, if you're a digital artist, it'll be a fantastic investment that you'll wish you'd made long ago...I don't even use a mouse for anything, I've completely converted over to pen navigation.

Pause for the cause, got my Two-Face figure yesterday so I'm enjoying that for a bit, I AM NOT done, believe me, this will be finished soon.

The finished piece is coming, the couple times I was free and alert enough to do anything I worked some Two-Face figure images in, but the work week exhausted me and I was busy with a lot of stuff last week, no good chances to sit and work on this to my dissappointment, need to be very alert and focused to nail the details i'm at right now, it's not worth working on if I have to redo my work because I was too tired when I did it.

Back