A New Hope Han!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright, I'm a bit late to the game here thanks to school; the semester is finishing up and I've been scrambling to complete my projects for presentation - I just came off a 24 hour binge of hand-drawing architectural boards - hand's killing me.

So, it was a nice surprise to log on and see the news I had missed out on! ANH Han PPO next week! This is awesome news - I've been hoping for this announcement! I know we just got Bespin Luke, but now ANH Luke has to be made so we've got all four major ANH characters. Han looks great and I can't wait to see what gear we get with him.

It would be nice if they fix the collar and the neck line. The collar is too fat and short and the neckline is also too short. What they have now looks like that one picture of him with short hair. Not the movie.

Ford looks incredibly different from photo to photo. For me the real struggle is the fact that his features aren't sharp...they have to round and not look chubby...

I think with Indy collectibles coming up from all sorts of companies next year...we'll finally see a Harrison that is great. (not that it will please everyone, I'm sure,) I am very anxious to see what other artists are doing with sculpts of him

Maybe we can get Drew Struzan to do it! :D

definitely like all the photo comparisons and photoshop jobs I'm seeing. it's very interesting to see what everyone else sees.

Thanks Andy! you're crazy, but thanks! :D
Trev

I think its a solid sculpt and I can definately see Ford in it. Can't wait to add this to my collection !

Well Done Trevor, we have another masterpiece ! :)

Ford looks incredibly different from photo to photo. For me the real struggle is the fact that his features aren't sharp...they have to round and not look chubby...

Trev, I thinkn you've got it, unfortunately, details you speak of aren't going to show well in flash filled photos, it needs to be under more dynamic lighting like in the films or what you find in homes with light sources that indirectly fall on the figure. It's going to be great, too bad he's not going to be in hand for some time :(

Trev, your INDY sculpt was dead on, so I got no worries that this Han Solo will be the best Solo ever!

I can't wait to see more pictures. I hope SS posts them quickly, but I guess it will probably be Thursday with a silly code to unlock the photos. I'm guessing "smuggler" will be the code. :D

here's a better picture for those who want to compare ...

hanop02.jpg

Thanks for the image Paul, but even there, his hairs much cleaner and against his head compared to in the film.

I love the 'too short' shirt sleeves too.... and the small vest. awesome picture Paul! never seen that one before!

Interestingly, this was the first Harrison I'd sculpted. Indy was about mid year.

Trev

I can't wait to see what you do, man!

I dunno about anybody else, but I really love the customizing and repainting that goes on. When we all post pics of what we've done, it's like we all bought the same model kit, went off and put it together seperately, then all came back to have Show & Tell, compare notes.... I find that it's half the fun of 1/6 scale collecting (for me)... I've gotten more ideas off of this forum than anywhere else on the Interwebs.

Toys slow down global warming! Whee!

-AH!

Atom do you have any recent pics of your SW 1/6 collection? I remember you posting a cool Mustafar setup with lit up lava and everything.

Paul, do you have a source for downloading those Official Pix promo images or do you own them and scan them?

Autograph guys get access to great images.

How great is it going to be to have a Sideshow figure to do this with?

VOTChansololoose.jpg

Still one of Hasbro's all time best.

Trev, I thinkn you've got it, unfortunately, details you speak of aren't going to show well in flash filled photos, it needs to be under more dynamic lighting like in the films or what you find in homes with light sources that indirectly fall on the figure. It's going to be great, too bad he's not going to be in hand for some time :(

Same here, no flash filled shot is ever going to be flattering to a figure. You can take anything I have ever done, things that people have said nothing but great things about... Take a flash photo and make it look like something entirely different.

It's all about angles and lighting. Anything to help sell the figure. If you have great paint on a great sculpt and natural lighting in a photo, you will see something quite different. But take the same sculpt, with a slightly inaccurate paint job with too much lighting... might be a bit more catastrophic for the likeness.

Yup, I first noticed it when I met someone I had only seen in personal, flash filled photos. There was a remarkable difference between how they looked in the flash photos and in person, it was like 2 different people.

Trev, I guess I'm just going to have to highlight your Han sculpt for ya when I get the figure :)

Trev, was there a particular photo you used for reference for this portrait? And does Sideshow give you special pics, or do you have to search online?

This one looks like Chewie is just a prop piece with no one inside the suit.

Like Han is leaning against a totem pole.

han_anh2.jpg

Same here, no flash filled shot is ever going to be flattering to a figure. You can take anything I have ever done, things that people have said nothing but great things about... Take a flash photo and make it look like something entirely different.

Totally. I can't believe people still carry on like Bespin Han had a bad headsculpt or is one of the weaker figures in the line. If all anyone ever saw was that one photo you did where he's standing by the lamp with the repainted hair people would probably consider it one of SS's best. But nope, lame flashlit pic after flashlit pic have stigmatized poor Bespin Han as actually being a bad figure.

Now only if Sideshow would give us boots that look like those. I like the wrinkle at the ankle.

I'd like that too, but given that they've already got a mold for the boot style, I have a feeling we'll see it rehashed like hands, but most companies practice that sort of thing, reuse when you can. All the more kudos to them if they recognize the difference and make new ones though.

Back