A General Chat about Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The figure I most anticipate this year is Captain America. I have IM M6, IM M5, Thor, Spidey, GR, and Tracker on order. I am on the waitlist for the Bruce Lee exclusive, don't know what my chances are there. Waiting for the announcement of Red Skull and Sucker Punch........

I have the Mark VI on PO and the Mark V is already paid for. I will DEF order a Jack Sparrow DX when they show pics of it.

Ok, so far for me; I got a late start on Hot Toys figures and paid out the a** for the early Predators (and I'm not talking AVP, they’re just way beyond me in price), didn't have to pay too much more then retail for the POTA trio, and the one Alien that I could afford I'm glad I stopped at (dry rotting rubber, loose and breaking joints, peeling paint problems :slap). Everything else has mostly been right at retail or a little lower when I price shopped.

As for problems, I got a TT regular body that had a loose leg, it didn't fall off or anything, it just couldn't hold a pose. So I did the super glue trick and lived with it.

My one Alien’s foot keeps falling off, but at least he doesn’t have the problems I’ve read everyone else’s is having (see above).

I got an Albert Wesker that had a missing holster and the company I ordered it from replaced it.

My wire leads for my Wolf predator (cleaner kit version) did not want to plug into his bio mask without flicking out into the room so I had to flatten the end ever so slightly to stay.

My She-Predator's top armor will not stay up, exposing her goods for everyone to see.

John Conner's (first version) little Velcro straps will not catch good enough to stay closed so most all of them are stitched.

I personally think that the DX Batman's cape is way too big.

One of my T2 Terminator figure's leg keeps falling out and his waist is kind of loose. Makes me think he's trying to self terminate or something.

My Iron Man MK III's torso is lighter than the rest of his body; in bright light it almost looks pink.

My Black Widow's jump suit is so tight it had folded one of her boobs over the top of the other. Needless to say she has now been forced to show her wears to everyone.

And lastly, my brand new Barney Ross figure has the open shoulder gap, but at least his arm hasn’t fallen out, “yet”.

But I have to say that out of those things I'm still pretty happy with each and every one of those figures as well as the rest that I have that are just about perfect. I'm glad there is a company that you can get a good high quality figure of your favorite actor that actually looks like them to pose and tinker with from your favorite movies. I just wish they'd make one figure of each actor/character and then different clothing and accessories sets so you wouldn’t have to keep spending so much money. :gah:

I’m still waiting on news about the Christopher Reeves Superman and about the Brandon Lee Crow figure that a Hot Toys flyer implied too. On top of that a Bruce Willis (Die Hard) and a Clint Eastwood (Dirt Harry or spaghetti western) would be great. {Hey, they’re my generation’s movie heroes along with Mel Gibson, Chuck Norris, Harrison Ford, Lee Marvin, and more}

I've been very happy with the few that I've picked up so far - OC Bats, T2 T800, Leonidas, MkIV and WM. No QC issues at all.

I've got Bruce and Spidey arriving at some point, and I'll be all over CR Supes and Jack Sparrow if they get these right. Like a lot of folks I'm a bit bewildered by the apparent fail that Indy is shaping up to be. Looking forward to Suckerpunch figs too.

It's feeling quiet on the figure front for me at the moment, nothing is really taking my interest - Thor, Platoon, Preds etc -but maybe I should start squirreling away some pennies for what could be a second-half-of-the-year onslaught :)

need some advice guys. I got some extra money and i dont know what to get. Ive been looking at reviews and now Im confused. These are my options. I can choose only one:

1.Rocky III
2.Rambo M65 Jacket
3.The Platoon guys (both)
4.Wolverine
5.Mark IV
6.Mark VI
7.Blade

Please choose one or two options and give me a reason. thanks.

Sorry mate, from that list I can only narrow it down to two, Mk IV and Blade. I am not taking into consideration current value or future selling potential but basing it on my personal preference in terms of awesomeness.

I have the Mk IV and can attest to its awesomeness. There won't be another one for a long, long while if at all. It is IMO the iconic Iron Man suit but without the issues of the MkIII. It is quite simply a beautiful piece of art and engineering.

As for Blade, this is on my grail list. I missed him MSRP or even close to that as I am pretty new to this hobby. I dig Blade because Wesley is freakin' cool, the character is freakin' cool, the sculpt is freakin' cool, the tailoring is freakin' cool and the accessories are freakin' cool. But I've never had him in hand, so maybe I'm wrong on some or all counts.

Good luck with your purchasing dilemma and be sure to post an update when you know which way you're going :)

^^ couldn't agree more with juan...one thing i really like about mark 4 is the tony stark HS its really is mind blowing...absolutely masterpiece...one of the best HS out there...

Pretty good list. I'd go with Blade or the 2 Platoon figures.

But always go with the one you like best. you will enjoy it more.

A very tough choice !!

you can never predict what Hot Toys are gonna release in the future where you might be able to get a better updated version at retail.

I think they have gone as far as they can go with Blade, Rocky and Rambo as they are so awesome how are they ever gonna beat that and you can't see them making another movie. So point is while you can afford one, get it. Personally i would go for Blade as it is amazing with awesome accessories !!

You can still shop around for the platoon guys and get them at retail prices in the near future. I would be surprised if Hot toys didn't make another version of Wolverine or even Iron man in the future because of the movie franchise so you have the option to pick those up in the future although you can never be sure.

Just my opinion and even after stating all of that, i am drawn to the Ironman Mark VI ha ha.......so basically i haven't got a bloody clue !!

Goodluck

need some advice guys. I got some extra money and i dont know what to get. Ive been looking at reviews and now Im confused. These are my options. I can choose only one:

1.Rocky III
2.Rambo M65 Jacket
3.The Platoon guys (both)
4.Wolverine
5.Mark IV
6.Mark VI
7.Blade

Please choose one or two options and give me a reason. thanks.

thank you all for your advice.

now my options have been reduced to Rocky III, Wolverine, Blade and Mark 4. It will probably depend on the better deal I find.

any more opinions?

thank you all for your advice.

now my options have been reduced to Rocky III, Wolverine, Blade and Mark 4. It will probably depend on the better deal I find.

any more opinions?

Rocky III Rubber body and dated paint apps,don't bother:lol
WolverineVery high chance of getting a better trilogy version
Mark4 There will always be new Ironman figures
Blade They "might" may make a blade 1 figure

I'd go with blade:)

Yeah, as much as I want Wolvie, there's a fair chance they'll make an even better one when the next movie hits (assuming it survives the loss of the director. :p)

I picked Mark IV over VI--IV has a nice HS of Tony sans helmet as well as interesting accessories. I didn't like how Mk VI has an issue with the BD chest and the fact that they just re-used the Arc reactor mechanism from the IV--it's still a circle with the chest plate doing the duty as a triangular piece. The AR in the movie was itself a triangle.

I avoid older HT releases as they are just too expensive considering it's a step down in tech/paint apps from the newest releases.

You could bash together a Rocky using current HT parts too, like Barney Ross head and one of the iterations of rubber muscle bodies.

Blade is awesome. I'm lucky to own one and if I didn't it'd be one of the few I'd actively try to pursue to own. I don't think they're going to do any more Blade for the foreseeable future as they have so many other licenses to complete as well as whatever new licenses they plan to acquire.

Last edited:
Yeah, as much as I want Wolvie, there's a fair chance they'll make an even better one when the next movie hits (assuming it survives the loss of the director. :p)

I picked Mark IV over VI--IV has a nice HS of Tony sans helmet as well as interesting accessories. I didn't like how Mk VI has an issue with the BD chest and the fact that they just re-used the Arc reactor mechanism from the IV--it's still a circle with the chest plate doing the duty as a triangular piece. The AR in the movie was itself a triangle.

I avoid older HT releases as they are just too expensive considering it's a step down in tech/paint apps from the newest releases.

You could bash together a Rocky using current HT parts too, like Barney Ross head and one of the iterations of rubber muscle bodies.

Blade is awesome. I'm lucky to own one and if I didn't it'd be one of the few I'd actively try to pursue to own. I don't think they're going to do any more Blade for the foreseeable future as they have so many other licenses to complete as well as whatever new licenses they plan to acquire.

Blasphemy! I want Blade 1! :monkey2

JAROTO, I would go with Blade or Rambo III

You are likely to get a Rambo III from another collector for under $300 who is:

a) concerned with pos. future rubber deterioration
b) wants a quick sale to have funds for another release. (also known as figure dump:horror)

Blade is awesome, I paid $150 and is easily one of my faves in my collection.
Pull the trigger on Blade if you can pay $300-350.

I would go for a Blade in that situation, there probably won't be another one of him coming soon!

I'm also having trouble deciding between Hot Toys Wolverine, Joker Dx and King Leonidas! :gah:

They are all so amazing, its incredibly hard to decide. I'm leaning towards Wolverine right now though, its probably my cheapest option.

:dunno

True, maybe I should get a Joker Dx then?

Then once a cooler and cheaper Wolverine comes out with a rage headsculpt I should get him.

Back