A General Chat about Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DX Joker and Godfather are amazing figures. If you ever have a chance to get them you wont regret.

I just started to collect Hot Toys and the first one I got was the Joker DX. As soon as I saw it I was hooked and started to pre-order or waitlist a few more Hot Toys. Can't wait to see what they do next...

Of all my collection which includes the iv,m1,t1 t800 and the first 3 dx's and many more probably up there as my favorite would be final battle john conner, i doubt many would share that as there favorite figure .. but there is just something about it, it's an awesome figure!

Angel i never got charged custom's from Angolz:)

I got my first HT last month, and I currently own 6 with the 7th on its way. Some I've accepted that I missed the boat on them and don't want them enough for what they are going for now, (T2 T-800, Blade) but some I had to have, like DX Batman.

I have about 5 on pre-order now, and I'll probably buy at least 1 or 2 more on top of that this year as well. This stuff is expensive, but the flipside is I've practically stopped collecting anything else, so it evens out. I'd rather have a dozen HT on display than 100 " figures at this point.

Yeah I'm glad I found out about HTs. The figure that gotme hooked was the DX joker, so glad I got him at retail and not have to pay the current eBay prices. Now I have almost twenty HTs figures and honestly never really think about buyin anything else. It's true, once you buy one HT fig, your hooked for life.

I will try to buy only 4 hot toys this year. By now DX Bruce Lee is the only one on the list.

Im getting annoyed with Hot Toys quality. Im interested in a Barney Ross but it seems most figures have an issue with an arm.... I look for a Platoon Chris taylor and it seems some uniforms are brown color. I want a T-800 and it seems some figures are missing some tacs on the jacket. i dont want to spend big money only to feel disappointed.

Im getting annoyed with Hot Toys quality. Im interested in a Barney Ross but it seems most figures have an issue with an arm.... I look for a Platoon Chris taylor and it seems some uniforms are brown color. I want a T-800 and it seems some figures are missing some tacs on the jacket. i dont want to spend big money only to feel disappointed.

My Chris Taylor is fine ..could it be the climate that's effecting the uniform??

I want to see Hot Toys continue with the very best 1/6th scale figures being made on the market today, but one thing that worries me is this constant QC that is plaguing many of their figures. My experiences so far have included a broken arm pin on my DX02 Batman and a broken cyborg hand with my T2 T-800. With every new figure that doesn't have a QC issue that I get I feel that I dodge a bullet after reading about the many QC complaints here on the boards. Could it be that Hot Toys, in order to meet the ever increasing demand has simply bitten off more than they can chew? Whatever the case, I hope that things turn around for the better.

Back