A General Chat about Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just wanna know when HT is gonna get an official forum. Cause honestly i'm not interested in SS EXCEPT FOR THE ODD SW FIGURE. It's just that this place is the only place to really talk about HT.

It would be nice not to hear about the amazing PFs. Its a whole different animal. And I'm sorry to all the sideshow lovers but comparing the GIJoe line to HT is just plain sad. I have yet to see a figure come close to the stuff HT puts out. Enterbay is the closest but they can be pretty hit or miss.

That would be very interesting. They would have to improve on the scale of their clothes for it to work. And the head sculpt would have to be perfect.

I agree, the headsculpt would have to be exceptionally dead-on. Otherwise it'd just be a guy in trousers and a white shirt. But if they pulled it off it could be a classic figure from a classic film.

Probably a bit too old and obscure for Hot Toys though. Enterbay might be more likely.

I'm with you on this, I'd love a HT forum.

There IS one,but it s been gathering cobwebs for the best part of three years now.Think only Wookster posts there.

See,when Hot Toys started out,Sideshow were the only ones importing them so all HT discussion,such as it was,gravitated here,but of course since then Hot Toys have mushroomed beyond all recognition,so they fit in under all the various subject headings we have here.

I just jumped into this thread so forgive me if it's been touched on before but I'd like your guys opinions on HotToys Quality Control.

Don't get me wrong, I love the stuff HT brings out, they're head and shoulders above the rest IMO but for the prices these figures fetch I expect them to be nigh perfect.

We all know about the DX02s leaking oil problem which is a huge problem in my eyes.
I recently read a post on the IM BD thread that someones is basically falling apart: shoulder attachements front and back have come loose, the magnets for the faceplate fell off, the spring mounted ejecting shoulder missiles don't eject anymore as it seems to have come off the spring and the arc light in the chest seems to still glow although it's switched off.

I've personally experienced following problems on my figs:
John Connor V1 - knee pads were sown squint on the pants
Joker DX01 - the name plate on the came off the base right out the box and the LEDs didn't work anymore after one day.
Blade II - the silver buckle on the belt is squint...looks like Blade couldn't be bothered to fully close it and, while extremely minor, one of the tiny silver buttons on the leg-strap that holds the stakes was flying loose inside the box.

Last edited:
Any of you Guys seen the preview pics of the IRON MAN 2 WAR MACHINE???.....ill be gettin my grubby hands all over this one.....what im looking forward to with this one is the movable fingers....anybody know whether this is new or was it on other figures from past hot toys....

So who'd buy a HT figure of Michael Douglas in Falling Down? His office outfit with briefcase, sportsbag, guns etc.

It would be a nice addition and variation to a shelf. But really, it wouldnt take that much to kit bash your own. Get some one witht he skills to sculpt and paint the head. The rest can be found on ebay and such

Terminator Endoskeleton has them.Bit fragile by all accounts.

Bloody right they are. Its a nightmare when they "stick" in a position and you have to apply a slight amount of force to re pose them. Those moments are nerve wrecking because if they snap then its not like you can just order a replacement body or what ever. With the fingers on War Machine being... chunkier, I hope theyre not as fragile, but they still may be.

I'm not sure what I'm going to use the poseable hands for though that the other sets wont convey.

I just wanna know when HT is gonna get an official forum. Cause honestly i'm not interested in SS EXCEPT FOR THE ODD SW FIGURE. It's just that this place is the only place to really talk about HT.

I'm with you on this, I'd love a HT forum.

Would be cool. I'd PM Darklord Dave with the idea. His attitude seems to be that this forum is a growing, changing beast. It should reflect the needs and desires of it's members.

So although it started out as a Sideshow forum it's pretty obvious that discussions about pretty much any form of collectables is OK here. If a Hot Toys sub section is wanted by enough people, and if it's not too much work, I'm sure it would be taken under consideration.

You don't get if you don't ask.

Edit: Thinking about it, it probably wouldn't work. If you sub divided the forum into manufacturers, what would you do with multiple licence holders? "I can post images of my Medicom Clone trooper in one thread, but have to post my Sideshow one in another, and my Hasbro in yet another?"

It might be better just to have more sections instead of just "General Collectables" it's a bit too catch all. but that's the nature of collecting, where do you draw the line? There's so many things to buy and only so much bandwidth to go round! We need a bigger pipe! :sick

Last edited:
I started collecting HT's with Irom Man MK3
Now I have

IM MK1
IM MK2
IM MK3
IM sillything (grey)

T-800 BD Enod
2 x T-600 endo
T-700
2 x T-600 rubber mask (SS exc and HK Exc)
John Conner (V1 and V2)

Wolverine
Hellboy
All 3 Appleseed characters
Aliens Power Loader

T-800 on Preord
Tony Stark on preord
Sarrah Conner on Preord
IM BD SS EX on preord

I also have two of the DID Samurai of which I am even more impressed with than the Hot Toys due to the intricacy of the armour and clothing

I cant stop buying these, I need help

I started collecting HT's with Irom Man MK3
Now I have

IM MK1
IM MK2
IM MK3
IM sillything (grey)

T-800 BD Enod
2 x T-600 endo
T-700
2 x T-600 rubber mask (SS exc and HK Exc)
John Conner (V1 and V2)

Wolverine
Hellboy
All 3 Appleseed characters
Aliens Power Loader

T-800 on Preord
Tony Stark on preord
Sarrah Conner on Preord
IM BD SS EX on preord

I also have two of the DID Samurai of which I am even more impressed with than the Hot Toys due to the intricacy of the armour and clothing

I cant stop buying these, I need help

LOL, sometimes I feel like I'm on a slippery slope with all the stuff I buy, but man, you climbed to the top of Everest, waxed the soles of your shoes and jammed a rocket up yo ass! Stand clear everyone he's gonna crash and burn!!!!! :rotfl

If my wife found out how much I was spending on these I would be a dead man. The thing I hate about Sideshow is that all thier packages require a signature and this just brings more attention to all the packages I have ordered. My wife always ask, is that another doll?

If my wife found out how much I was spending on these I would be a dead man. The thing I hate about Sideshow is that all thier packages require a signature and this just brings more attention to all the packages I have ordered. My wife always ask, is that another doll?

That makes two of us! :lol

Yup. make that 3 :D

The trouble with my wife is that she knows how much are all my collectibles is worth...so she told me if i cause any trouble she would sell them in a heartbeat....i guess its her way of keeping me in check.....:duh

The trouble with my wife is that she knows how much are all my collectibles is worth...so she told me if i cause any trouble she would sell them in a heartbeat....i guess its her way of keeping me in check.....:duh

This is why I will be getting a prenup should I get married! :D

from-my-cold-dead-hands.jpg

Back