A General Chat about Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just so you don't think I am a HT HATER:) I own the Marcus Wright (2 of them), the John Connor, Hellboy II, The Joker DX, Briareos Hechatonchires, Tereus, Deunan Knute and Iron Man Mark II.

I'm trying to only buy characters I like - instead of whatever characters look cool enough from movies that I like... it's doing me good right now, only HT figure I have is Wolverine. :lol

I'm trying to only buy characters I like - instead of whatever characters look cool enough from movies that I like... it's doing me good right now, only HT figure I have is Wolverine. :lol

I wish i had your control lol but if i like the movie (and the characters are done well) i tend to buy them regardless doesnt matter if i like that particular character or not

I always buy figures based on whether or not I'm a fan of the character and/or property. I get no pleasure out of buying for any "coolness" factor. That's a waste of money, IMO.

I buy collectibles because I like having something around me that represents what I love.

I always buy figures based on whether or not I'm a fan of the character and/or property. I get no pleasure out of buying for any "coolness" factor. That's a waste of money, IMO.

I buy collectibles because I like having something around me that represents what I love.

I wont buy characters i really dont like but for example i really liked marcus wright from TS john connor not so much but I purchased him also as he looks great sitting next to marcus and its a very well done figure does that make sense?

Thanks for the welcome guys! I got my Marcus Wright last night, he's my first in-hand HT. He's pretty great! Thanks as well, for the price suggestions, on the Predator figs. The lowest I've found them, so far, is at about $50 over original price. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a little lower. :)

I'm new to 12" collecting and want to start off with a Hot Toys figure. They are a little expensive for me so I just want to buy one and see how much I like it.

I'm looking at either RE5 Chris Redfield STARS version or T2 T-800 Arnold. Anyone have any opinions which one I should go for first?

Between the two you listed I would go with T-800, but the truth is, it depends on which one you like more.
I was in kind of the same boat, I finally decided to focus only on Predator/Terminator/Aliens. Predator related HTs are sold out right now, at least the ones I'm interested in, so I moved on to Terminator. I pre-ordered the T-800 a couple of weeks ago, but just last night I got the Marcus Wright figure from T:S. He's pretty cool and I can see myself becoming very addicted to these! :)

I actually like the RE5 game better than the Terminator 2 movie so that is making me lean more with Chris. But I wouldn't want Chris without Jill and who knows if HT plan on making her.

I prefer Termintor 1 to 2 so I may wait and see if HT releases figures from the first Terminator movie. I don't know though, that T-800 Arnold is soooo cool.

T-800 is definitely very cool! I am also hoping they re-release some updated Terminator 1 figs.

The Jill seems like a no-brainer, but you never know, especially if the other RE5 figs don't sell well enough.

Tough choice, but I'm sticking with Arnie! :)

If ur unsure about the figure, check out Michael Crawfords site: www.mwctoys.com

I think Jeff Parker (aka wookster) has reviewed all currently released RE5 figures, and pretty much damn near every Hot Toy released :lol

Also a good site if your on the fence about something

If ur unsure about the figure, check out Michael Crawfords site: www.mwctoys.com

I think Jeff Parker (aka wookster) has reviewed all currently released RE5 figures, and pretty much damn near every Hot Toy released :lol

Also a good site if your on the fence about something

Stay away from that site, he'll make you buy things you didn't realize that you wanted. I consult that site before most expenses, and he got me hooked on the DC Universe figs

Stay away from that site, he'll make you buy things you didn't realize that you wanted. I consult that site before most expenses, and he got me hooked on the DC Universe figs

Hmmm... I will have to tread lightly when visiting his site then! :D

Oh its too late for that for me, best save yourselves :lol

Although it has encouraged me to buy items that I may not have intended too, it has also saved me from making duff purchases on something that seems great, but once in hand is pretty sub par

Its a blessing and a curse:D

I'm new to 12" collecting and want to start off with a Hot Toys figure. They are a little expensive for me so I just want to buy one and see how much I like it.

I thought the exact same thing last year around this time... Now, I have 3 HT figures on my shelf and I pre-ordered the 4th today :lol

Hot Toys is addictive :lol :rock

Back