A General Chat about Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, since this is a general Hot Toys thread I was wondering if anyone could help me out with something. I need some replacement string for one of my HT figures. Does anyone know a good string that is the same or very similar tothe kind HT uses on the sword scabbard of Elizabeth Swann or the weapon loops on Machiko?

are the next four hot toys releases t-800, sarah connor, leonidas, and tony stark? im going by the pattern on their website since the last four figures in the previews section were released within two months and are now all in the in store section

Decided to go down to Ikea today! Man, that was a long winded experience.

Anyways I got this great display case. No lights yet though but I'm delighted with it.
Those of you in the UK, they are 39 quid!

photo.jpg

Congrats on the display case! It looks great!! Awesome figures you have in that case too!! :rock :rock :rock

are the next four hot toys releases t-800, sarah connor, leonidas, and tony stark? im going by the pattern on their website since the last four figures in the previews section were released within two months and are now all in the in store section

There's also Aldo Raine.

Thanks! What about everybody elses display? Let see some pics! :)

I think I may pass on Sarah Connor so that will allow a wee break in the wallet.
But Aldo Raine is a must buy!

I just place my pre order on Leonidas.
I now trying to debate on which HT to get next. Marcus Wright, Hellboy or John Connor.

I know Hellboy is getting scarcer and progesssively more expensive but there something about Marcus Wright that I love. But then T-800 Arnie is on the way.

What say you my brethern? :)

I now trying to debate on which HT to get next. Marcus Wright, Hellboy or John Connor.

I have all three and the order I suggest is Hellboy, Wright and Connor (v1). Wright is a really solid choice however, Hellboy on the shelf provides a different flare (beyond the fact he is a nice fig).

Hello all! I'm brand new to HT. Just a bit over a week a go I pre-ordered the T-800, last week I pre-ordered Sarah Connor, over the weekend I ordered a T-600 (Weathered Rubber Skin vers.) Wednesday I'll be picking up a Marcus Wright I've got set aside here locally. Last but not least, I'll be getting a John Connor this coming weekend if it all works out. I only just found out about HT a couple of months ago, I 1st heard about them when I saw the pictures for Dutch Schaefer and Predator from the 1st movie. Once I saw the T-800 pre-order I finally broke down and ordered my first HT. I really want to pick up Dutch and original Predator. I've been keeping my eyes open for them but haven't found one at a reasonable price. Which in all honesty, I'm not even sure what a reasonable price is for either of those. Anyone care to let me know what you think is a fair price for Dutch or Predator 1?? Anyway, I'll be seeing you around! :)

welcome to the freakshow marvelito. sounds like your collection is off to a pretty good start. :)

i'm not sure of the exact prices but i don't imagine dutch and p1 are selling for much more above original retail. they're simply not as rare as say, ht's robocop.

Thanks! What about everybody elses display? Let see some pics! :)

DSC00634.JPG

Here's my HT collection so far. Machiko usually stands on the other side of my DVD row which you can see beginning on the rightside of this picture.
I put them together for a group-shot :)

This is my current Hot Toys set up on the shakey arse shelves I have. Connor took a tumble yesterday and thank christ nothing broke, so had to repose to make him more stable.

Top Shelf: T-600, Connor, T-700, Dutch, Predator, Big Chap, Dog Alien
Next Shelf: Two-face, Dark Knight Batman, BR Joker, Iron Man Mk III (although not hot toys next two are Darth Maul and Asajj Ventress)

100_2540.jpg

Next to join the group will be the T-800 :banana
Only one I can afford at the moment :monkey2 and it has highest priority in my "want" (which we all know really means NEED!!!:google) list

Anyone care to let me know what you think is a fair price for Dutch or Predator 1?

As close to retail as possible imo. Suppose it depends how badly u want those figures and what your willing to spend. I managed to get exclusive pred from sideshow but had to pick up dutch a few months later after release when got the money spare and ordered from someone in HK off ebay to avoid extra tax charges.

I also have to prioritise which figures I want the most and at the time Dutch was top of my list

I'm not going to say how much think you should spend on a figure because I dont want u to miss out on it coz of me. As long as ur hapy spending 'X' amount on a figure then thats all that matters.

And welcome btw :welcome

I have to say my observation now is that collectors are buying the company moreso than the characters. I love my movies and my comic books but don't feel the need to buy every single HT that comes out just because it is an excellent sculpt.

I have to say my observation now is that collectors are buying the company moreso than the characters. I love my movies and my comic books but don't feel the need to buy every single HT that comes out just because it is an excellent sculpt.

That and you run out of room (possibly cash) real soon. :D I have my preferences to collect and I enjoy the craftmanship of those I don't collect. HT creates some amazing 1/6th representations.

Welcome Marvelito!

Great pics you guys! But you not worried about dust?
It doesn't bother me with statues and MOTU figures but as HT have all these different materials, I thought it best to put them in a cabinet.

The cabinate also preserves that ever enchanting new toy smell!! :D

Not sure where you are getting that idea from given that loads of us have said we ain't getting this or that.

Though I enjoyed it, Terminator 4 is not a favourite movie of mine but man, the figures from it are flippen sweet.

Hellboy 2 is a far better movie but that Marcus figure is very cool.

I dare say I'm not the only one with this outlook. ie. some figures are just two awesome to ignore no matter about the movie.
Wolverine is another example. :)

...But you not worried about dust?

Damn right I am!!!:eek: But cant afford new shelving so just dust regularly, and if had to choose would be a figure over new shelves, but I plan to ASAP. Also a cabinet would prevent them taking dives off shelves to the floor:rip

Me neither. I only buy the figures that I really want to have, from characters I really think are the best.

Great pics you guys! But you not worried about dust?

Thanks, Eamon!! :duff

I get worried about the dust sometimes. But for now it doesn't bother me that much. I only have 3 HT figs so the cleaning doesn't take up too much time. I dust them once every week.

Welcome Marvelito!

Not sure where you are getting that idea from given that loads of us have said we ain't getting this or that.

Though I enjoyed it, Terminator 4 is not a favourite movie of mine but man, the figures from it are flippen sweet.

Hellboy 2 is a far better movie but that Marcus figure is very cool.

I dare say I'm not the only one with this outlook. ie. some figures are just two awesome to ignore no matter about the movie.
Wolverine is another example. :)

It was just based on my observation not from this thread but also in the show your shelves, where literally there are cabinets after cabinets with multitude of hot toys figures from such divergent genres that I couldn't help but to conclude that they were buying into the quality of the figure rather than a character that they reaaaaaallly LOVE. There are a few out there able to differentiate that (probably cause we couldn't afford all the HT's)

Back