A General Chat about Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's funny that many folks fav is still Wolverine. He's one of the most basic Hot Toys. May that's why he is so awesome, no fuss!

Nice video Dino!

I have many HT figures and Wolverine is among the top 5.

IMO: The sculpt isn't 100% accurate however, I think HT captured the essence of the character very well. I find myself tinkering with Wolverine (and Blade II) because I can capture many different looks and poses from the film whereas other figures I have lesser options.

As far as I know it still is somewhere in production or something, but I have no idea when or if it will come out.
Last I heard about it was around the time Brittany Murphy died, because of the Shelley part she'd play again... :dunno

I agree that HT should improve their female sculpt. The headsculpt would have to be perfect and their female body can use some major improvement too, like the knees for instance.

Marv and his damn fine coat would be a great fig too. With a separate bag of bandages which you can stick on him how you like :D

Its not off the table but its definitely gonna be a while before we see it, I think theres a chance of it not coming out at all but with the first one being so successful I'm sure we'll see it sooner or later.

Nice video DinoLast!

Nice video dinolast. You got some great figures, your Rocky being my Fav!

Thanks guys.

I really pleased with the Rocky, it's Hot Toys best from that line IMO.
It would be nice to see some more Rocky figures.
I would like a training Rocky or one with his black jacket and pork pie hat

Nice video Dino!

I have many HT figures and Wolverine is among the top 5.

IMO: The sculpt isn't 100% accurate however, I think HT captured the essence of the character very well. I find myself tinkering with Wolverine (and Blade II) because I can capture many different looks and poses from the film whereas other figures I have lesser options.

Thanks
Yeah the likeness is not 100%, but there is no mistaking who it is.
The body and clothing is outstanding

Here's my small collection so far
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/gIpp76JlYqU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/gIpp76JlYqU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Awesome vid, man!!! That Wolverine looks great indeed and Rocky is amazing too!!! Very nice collection!!! :rock :rock :rock

Also with Marv, there could be the razor wire, Gladys, Handcuffs, Hatchet etc.

He could come with quite the nice little pack of accessories. Nothing outragious but all essential.

Really want this figure to be made now dammit

:mad:

EDIT: and it could have the 2 head scults, bandaged and damage free

And a severed Kevin headsculpt he could hold :lecture :D

Awesome vid, man!!! That Wolverine looks great indeed and Rocky is amazing too!!! Very nice collection!!! :rock :rock :rock

Thanks, I'm looking forward to adding the T-800 and War Machine in the not to distant future.

If Neytiri is not too much money I might get her too

Has anybody seen this Einstein on Toy Hunters Facebook page?
25299_388850022824_171015147824_3826957_4383568_n.jpg

Wow! Is that Einstein Hot Toys or the guys who made the Bruce Lee?

Who doesn't love Einstein?!

Now all we need is a Stephen Hawkins and Charles Darwin! :)

Thanks, I'm looking forward to adding the T-800 and War Machine in the not to distant future.

If Neytiri is not too much money I might get her too

The T-800 and War Machine will look awesome in your collection!!

My only pre-order at the moment is Aldo Raine. I hope Hot Toys will release him soon.
I'm really looking forward to their Avatar line too!! :rock

Aldo is the next one for me to preorder fater than War Machine.

I'm also getting rid of loads of other figures to both make room and finance these.

On another note, I just got some majorly good news. American books shelves will never been the same again! :)
So I may treat myself!

I know it's impossible to tell but when they say limited edition on figs like wolverine how
many figures we talking about. I wish they numbered them!!!!

Thanks guys.

I really pleased with the Rocky, it's Hot Toys best from that line IMO.
It would be nice to see some more Rocky figures.
I would like a training Rocky or one with his black jacket and pork pie hat

Even in your video, the gold from his robe adds lot of color to your collection. I have the whole Rocky line, minus the Clubber Lang Street Ver. and the colors just pop!

Dinolast, how long had you left the IM alone when the batteries started acting up? I'm wondering if i should remove the batteries from my T600...

Even if figures werent individually numbered, but just a total number or something. But it would push up the value even further of older figures and then people would get pissy if the Edition sizes of releases increased with each release. Which wouldnt be a surprise, given rises in popularity of franchises and Hot Toys

Dinolast, how long had you left the IM alone when the batteries started acting up? I'm wondering if i should remove the batteries from my T600...

I would say I have not switched them on for a good 5 months.
Once I wiped the batteries they worked fine, but I decided to take them out.

Back in the days when HT hasn't go that deep into obtaining movie licensing, they were churning out the best military figures in the 1:6 industry. And their asking price were also the highest. Then I wouldn't budge paying the kind of prices they asked for something that doesn't require a license to make. Many other makers now filled that void (since HT departed from 1:6 military scene) but the HT's asking price has somehow already became the norm even for the most mediocre offering. Hence I have stopped buying 1:6 military figure altogether.

Now HT hasn't really gotten much license that is of my interest but I have found myself lately back paddling on some of their previous releases.The following are but a few HT MMS series I've got and the reason I got them.

1. Rambo III - got this when it was just released (2007) Back then, this only cost me approx USD90. The likeness of the sculpt is phenomenal - at that time - and though I am not really a fan of Stallone and the Rambo franchise, I bought it anyway.

2. TDK Batman DX02 - I heard a lot about the DX line and how amazing it is. Somehow I let my curiousity get the better of me. It was my birthday the day I bought it... hence an added reason to get something :p I wasn't disappointed at all - though the tummy-oil-leak syndrom is on my piece as well. First encounter with PERS and I am impressed.

3. Kamui Gaiden - Sculpted by Yulli herself. Her fame on her sculpting prowess arouses my curiosity again. Its a great figure by itself and the sculpting were spot on. Hair sculpt are great as well but most importantly, I got it real cheap as the shop was trying to clear it because of the dented box. Who cares about the box...

4. ALIEN Big Chap - I am a big fan of original design and the ALIEN movie (1979) is my era. Someone was selling a damaged piece at eBay (broken wrist with wrist stud stucked inside the wrist) at a fraction of its original cost. I jump on the opportunity and repaired the wrist. It now looks as good as new - externally of course :)

5. T-600 Std Ver - has been resisting this one for the longest time and finally gotten it. Price is the biggest factor for me to take the plunge eventually after such long haul resistance. Again, eBay the medium for me to commit the sin. But mostly because I have pre-ordered T-800 Arnold and I wanted an endo to make a pair when it arrives.

Thats about all of my HT's MMS collection.
I still felt HT's asking price are a tad too high for me hence I only buy when the price came down considerably. That said, not every piece will experiece a price depreciation. I somehow catches the trend and it is something like this :
When a figure is released, the price you need to pay is close to retail price... maybe 10% less if you know the shop well and are a regular. Couple months after its release, the price dropped considerably (but not on every set). This is the time you buy them. And when the stocks start to dwindle, the price goes up again. So catch the figure you want at the right time and be rewarded.
Again, this phenomenon does not apply to every set HT releases but it tends to be so for the more popular ones...

2010 announced licenses doesn't get me sitting up but I am interested to see Clash of the Titan's prototype... especially keen on Medusa - if they are gonna make one.

Last edited:
What would an HT forum provide that you're missing here?

:lol

More insight, especially if ran by HT themselves, or with their direct involvement. This is not the end-all-be-all forum for toy talk anyway. Why does spawn.com have a board then? Or 3a? Or any other manufacturer?
To my mind, nothing except a thread like this without all the naysaying stuff on the first page, its great to just be able to chat about things without a specific topic. which this thread allows us to do...

No offense to the boards at all, they rule! :) Just saying, theres no general chat here...

They hit on it pretty well.

No SS bias. I see people here that cringe and get all uppity when HT and SS get compared in 1/6, and can't take it when HT's superiority is pointed out. Wouldn't be much of an issue if it was not true.

It's hard to be part of a place that is called "SS Freaks" when you're not a 'SS freak'. (more like a SS casual fan) I buy the odd SS piece here and there, just not dedicated, and this is the only real place as of now to discuss 1/6 HT. Nothing against this place at all, great community and people all the way around.(and happy to be a part of it) Just would rather be a part of a place that you're more of a fan of. (and it would be fun as hell to have an Official or Semi-official HT forum)

But some direct HT involvement would be a huge factor. (if that could happen here...GREAT!)

Last edited:
Back