A Detolf by any other name would smell as sweet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Detolfs discontinued?

Has anyone used clear weather stripping along the Detolf door to prevent dust from getting in?

The most appropriate products for this are clear sweeps for glass doors, typically used in shower installations. I've found perfect parts from a couple of manufacturers in the past, however I can't find those same parts at retail - they're primarily bought in bulk by shower manufacturers.

Amazon* has a lot of parts that aren't quite right, but some of them can probably be modified, such something like this one: Part number B005CW450M

Easy to cut off the extra drip guard, but this part is only 35" long.

*I don't post direct links to Amazon anymore because of this board's insistence on using Viglink to corrupt our posts.

Thanks for the info Pix!

What do you mean corrupt our posts?

Are you referring to trackers?

I don't want to hi-jack the thread, so I'll just share this bit of info:

All outbound links (links to other sites) posted are re-written on the server-side to point to Viglink, a monetization service. Any links to sites that allow referrals are stripped of any referral codes you may have posted and are substituted with Viglink's own referral code.

Javascript is fed with every page to hide the fact that the links have been rewritten and to forward you to the correct site after briefly stopping at the Viglink site where all your clicks are recorded and cookies stored on your computer. Viglink is used on a lot of blog and content sites and with all their cookies they can pretty much track you around the whole web as you click to different sites, plus know exactly what you're purchasing on sites they support referrals for.

Here in the forum the whole Viglink mess doesn't work properly for some browsers, or any browser where Javascript is disabled, and it's easy to see the links for what they are - they don't get masked. In such a case, it also means that you can't copy any outbound links from the site as they will pick up the Viglink code instead. This is happening for me using the latest Safari browser and other people have reported similar issues - don't know what browsers they're using.

I have no problem with ads and monetization of a site, but I have a huge problem with the altering of our post content.

I don't want to hi-jack the thread, so I'll just share this bit of info:

All outbound links (links to other sites) posted are re-written on the server-side to point to Viglink, a monetization service. Any links to sites that allow referrals are stripped of any referral codes you may have posted and are substituted with Viglink's own referral code.

Javascript is fed with every page to hide the fact that the links have been rewritten and to forward you to the correct site after briefly stopping at the Viglink site where all your clicks are recorded and cookies stored on your computer. Viglink is used on a lot of blog and content sites and with all their cookies they can pretty much track you around the whole web as you click to different sites, plus know exactly what you're purchasing on sites they support referrals for.

Here in the forum the whole Viglink mess doesn't work properly for some browsers, or any browser where Javascript is disabled, and it's easy to see the links for what they are - they don't get masked. In such a case, it also means that you can't copy any outbound links from the site as they will pick up the Viglink code instead. This is happening for me using the latest Safari browser and other people have reported similar issues - don't know what browsers they're using.

I have no problem with ads and monetization of a site, but I have a huge problem with the altering of our post content.

Yup.

Common problem.

URL re-writes and Java are your friends, but Viglink and its ilk represent a more nefarious usage.

There are a few creative ways around the problem for which it appears I don't need to tell you.

I got the back in stock email, called the Glasgow store and they're all gone. Starting to get pissed off with the lack of stock going around. Any alternatives?

Was at IKEA Elizabeth, NJ today and they didn't have any in stock or on display :pfft:

Just checked the Ikea site. This sucks.

"Product: DETOLF Glass-door cabinet, Store: NJ, Elizabeth

The product will soon be leaving our range, and may not come back in stock, so you may want to look for an alternative product."

Anybody in the NJ area who's looking to get rid of a few? (Preferably with the beech color?)

Last edited:

The product will soon be leaving our range, and may not come back in stock, so you may want to look for an alternative product."

Anybody in the NJ area who's looking to get rid of a few? (Preferably with the beech color?)

Don't panic. They are just discontinuing the one-package version.
They are transitioning to the two-package one everywhere.
They will be back in stock.

Okay everyone stay away from my IKEA! IKEA Elizabeth is mine! :monkey4

Don't panic. They are just discontinuing the one-package version.
They are transitioning to the two-package one everywhere.
They will be back in stock.

So they'll be packaging the hardware and glass separately from now on? That would make some sense, I suppose. Those boxes are crazy heavy.

Thanks for the tip, sir!

So they'll be packaging the hardware and glass separately from now on? That would make some sense, I suppose. Those boxes are crazy heavy.

Thanks for the tip, sir!

No worries.
The new one has a different barcode.
I picked up a couple just before christmas. If i remember correctly, the two glass sides, metal frames, fasteners and the front door is in one box, with the other box containing the back glass piece, top and bottom wooden effect boards, and glass shelves.
With the weight halved, these are a lot easier to lug to and from the car.

Picked up my first Detolfs before xmas here in Qld. Just panicked when I saw this thread, until the last posts indicating a two box package. Mine came in one box each, so we must be due the transition here too. Sigh of relief as I was going to get another two next month.

Picked up my first Detolfs before xmas here in Qld. Just panicked when I saw this thread, until the last posts indicating a two box package. Mine came in one box each, so we must be due the transition here too. Sigh of relief as I was going to get another two next month.

I also noticed signage all over my new one saying made in china.
Not sure if the old ones were made in china, but there are stickers on a few parts saying the new ones are made there.

The ikea near me has no detolfs in stock and does not know when they are getting anymore.

Back