A Detolf by any other name would smell as sweet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Detolfs discontinued?

The problem is that it looks like they are just coming back in stock in Black-Brown and not Beech.
I wanted one to go next to the Beech Detolf I already have and might be stuck with a two-tone effect :(

I should have seen the writing on the wall. It looks like most Ikea products are not available in Beech anymore.

Just backfrommy local ikea. Theyhaveplentyin stock. Going to pop back up today and get one. My figures are starting to get dusty:(

Bri

The problem is that it looks like they are just coming back in stock in Black-Brown and not Beech.
I wanted one to go next to the Beech Detolf I already have and might be stuck with a two-tone effect :(

I should have seen the writing on the wall. It looks like most Ikea products are not available in Beech anymore.

I had this same issue a while back as I had one Beech and my local store kept stocking the dark color. So I went ahead and bought the dark one and painted the beech as close as possible to it.

None in Holland either.
Looks like Detolfs are becoming collectibles themselves too.

Everyone:

That was the story everywhere a month ago. But they are back in stock with a totally different product number now.

This. They changed the way they box the product at the very least. So it'll take some time to fill the channel. Didn't someone write a while back that their local store expected new stock only in February?

It seems like they say a lot of their products are discontinued and then within a month or so they're back in stock. I've had that happen with some of the besta stuff.

The Ikea in Canton, MI got them in stock last weekend. I picked up two on Sunday, the day they came in stock (coincidental and lucky). They didn't even have a floor model out yet. But they had over a dozen black ones ready to go. Didn't see any beech.

Two boxes instead of one; exact same warehouse spot as before.

Does anybody knows the new reference? are they still call Detolfs?

Does anybody knows the new reference? are they still call Detolfs?

They are still called Detolf, but they now come in TWO boxes, to spread the weight, and they have a totally new serial number, which is why it's showing up everywhere as discontinued. Technically, the Detolf as it was before is gone.
But the NEW detolf is working it's way into stock everywhere.

They are on Amazon Prime, I ordered two... got them for $150 shipped. Now? $355 shipped. Thank you Amazon.

They had about 15 of them in the Frisco, Tx store on Sunday. I bought 2. They are in 2 boxes and they've changed the instructions a bit. All parts seem to be the same though.

They are back in stock in San Diego. They're still under the same name, but separated in to two boxes now. I picked up 2 :)

They are back in stock in San Diego. They're still under the same name, but separated in to two boxes now. I picked up 2 :)

Any chance you can tell me what the SKU or item number is? They might have changed it and I want to search if it's available in my area. All searches I check show up as not available.

Heard the news that they will be discontinued as well, so I went to the branch ihere and found the
new "2 box" detolf but they only have the dark brown and I'm planning to get the beech one:gah:

So seems like they are not going anywhere & separating the box is a good idea imo.

Maybe someone should update the title of this thread. What was discontinued was the old SKU (part number), not the product. This happens constantly at IKEA as they shift production and packaging around to meet demand and margin requirements.

Back