A Detolf by any other name would smell as sweet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Detolfs discontinued?

Same here in Germany, no more DETOLF`s available in the IKEA Stores .....damn!

Stock is out or very low here in Ontario Canada as well. The product is also yellow-tag listed which means usually that it's on its way out. Looking back via Google we can see it's been previously discontinued at least twice, and I also found some anecdotal evidence that the decision, at least in 2011, was due to supply issues.

It's possible they'll be revisiting the design/parts as well as their origins. I don't know where the ones I have were manufactured, but this is a heavy puppy and must be very costly to ship around.

I got the last brown one at the Denver IKEA the other day. I felt quite lucky because it was hidden among the birch colored ones. They had many of the birch ones.

If these do go for good without a decent alternative being brought in, then it looks like i will be moving over to besta's and selling my detolfs on.

Ahhh so that's why I've been struggling to pick these up!

I was looking for 2 of the black/brown ones for my new flat, hopefully they come into new stock soon... preferably before xmas.

I have 4 detolfs for sale. Black. In miami fl. $100 each.

Sorry. I already looked last week and nothing in NorCal. :monkey2

Oh noooooo!

81961.gif

What about Emeryville???

(Hey buddy...Did you hear about Hudson? I'm gonna pm you! :wave )

Okay, these are selling out yet I only have one?! Blasphemy! :lol

I better make a trip to ikea stat!

Good thing I have 4. This is actually good news as I can't overstock my shelves! Quality over quantity

Detolfs have been constrained/backordered before. I remember a few years ago my Ikea was out of stock for many months and then BAM they were back in stock.

“This is a special order product that needs to be ordered by a sales associate within an IKEA store. Please visit your preferred store.” This is what I see when checking the stock for my local IKEA.

yup heard it before. Out of stock in belfast but has this listed

This product is out of stock at your selected store. Expected delivery date: Thu 12 Dec - Thu 19 Dec
Please come back to check again during this period.

These are very popular even in retail cant seem them stopping it.

Sold out at both of my area IKEA's (Philly) but we've seen this before and I bet they'll be back....no reason to stop selling something in such demand.

Back