A Batman Costume Any Hot Toys Figure Can Wear?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melkorjunior

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just came across a fascinating ebay auction of this upcoming ZC Toys item:

s-l1600.jpg

Apparently this helmet and cape has been designed to fit over a standard 1/6 scale action figure's head. If this actually works it would be a way to cast any actor I want to play Batman. I could put it over (just for example) the spare Henry Cavill head I have lying around, and then get a customizer like Tony Mei to make me a Batman costume to go with it.

That's if it fits, anyway. But I'm seriously considering this.

Not possible.
The various head shapes, hairdos and ears would prevent the cowl from fitting any sculpt.

Not possible.
The various head shapes, hairdos and ears would prevent the cowl from fitting any sculpt.

I was worried about that myself. Unless the cowl is bigger than it looks or the material is a bit pliable. But I'll have to see it demonstrated that this can fit over a 1/6 head before I buy it.

To make any sculpt fit you would have to carve it down, and that's not taking into account how narrow or wide a sculpt would be in the mask.

It'd be a lot of experimenting with different heads to find anything compatible.

Maybe they meant it will adapt to regular HT neck?
That being said it doesn't look like there's anything in there.

My guess is that it will be just what you see, an empty copy of the HT original.
The material will be cheaper and there will be nothing to attach the neck or the mouth and eye plates.
I guess one could argue it means "it can fit any 1/6 figure", you just have to figure out how.

I just came across a fascinating ebay auction of this upcoming ZC Toys item:

View attachment 308739

Apparently this helmet and cape has been designed to fit over a standard 1/6 scale action figure's head. If this actually works it would be a way to cast any actor I want to play Batman. I could put it over (just for example) the spare Henry Cavill head I have lying around, and then get a customizer like Tony Mei to make me a Batman costume to go with it.

That's if it fits, anyway. But I'm seriously considering this.

If mask is silicone it may only fit bald heads or really low hair like dragon heads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of the Gotham Knight figure, has anybody tried trimming down the top of the faceplate so that it sits higher on the mask and makes him look like he actually has a nose? I know some people on the board were talking about it awhile back.

Speaking of the Gotham Knight figure, has anybody tried trimming down the top of the faceplate so that it sits higher on the mask and makes him look like he actually has a nose? I know some people on the board were talking about it awhile back.

not that I know of. Probably b/c it's not as simple as just trimming the top of the mouthpiece. You'd have to reshape the cowl to some how fill the void of what was removed

wouldn't that leave a gap under the chin? Unless you reshape the cowl to make up the difference

not that I know of. Probably b/c it's not as simple as just trimming the top of the mouthpiece. You'd have to reshape the cowl to some how fill the void of what was removed

Well, I'm hoping Sideshow takes another crack at Batman in 1/6 scale, because unlike the actors in the Marvel movies who are all so perfectly cast, none of the actors who have played Batman in the movies are 'definitive" to me. Not to mention, the movies never got the costume quite right either. Maybe Sideshow could make a Neal Adams Batman--WITH A FREAKING NOSE THIS TIME.

Back