[8-bit paint & figure commissions]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [8-bit paint commissions] SIDESHOW JOKER repaint

You know you got a friend in me brother. If you need to talk you have me on Facebook. I lost my dog last year from liver failure and I was devastated , she meant a lot to me. If you need to dial back work right now to spend with your family, Im sure everyone understands and supports that decision. Hang in there brother.

Re: [8-bit paint commissions] GRIMES • TRIOXIN 2-4-5 • WWZ • GRIMES • DIXON • ZOMBIE

well, i just got back from disney world which was great, but it's dark times currently. we found out the new anti-rejection meds aren't working, so my dad needs another transplant and my cat is dying of cancer. my dad has about 6-9 months before he has to go back on dialysis which will be very, very tough on him given his constitution. my cat has about 1-2 months before he passes from, ironically, kidney cancer. i took my cat in for an ultrasound the other day and the biopsy literally nearly killed him. i received the terrible news the next day. i'll be honest, i've never felt this sad in years. i'm close to my parents and my cat, mr. pete (as well as my dog and 3 other cats). i don't have a lot of friends so i've probably inadvertently put a lot of high level feelings on my pets - crazy or not, that's the way i am. if you've been waiting for stuff from me for a long time and are at your limit, let me know so i can just send it back to you. my workload was fine before all this happened but i'm really not feeling it at the moment as i prefer to spend more time with my cat and dad. i plan to keep painting and doing work for people but at the same time if i haven't started your work i'd be happy to send your stuff back to you.

as some of you know, i had another trip planned for the middle of the month but it's now cancelled.

i'm sure this will all sort itself out in time, but i'd be remiss to not mention the events going on in my life right now and the impact they're having on my workload.

i'm really sorry.

Its always hard when situations like this happen. My animals are like my kids. I love them all alot and its always extremely hard to say goodbye.

I also hope everything works out for your dad too.

Keep thinking positive!

I wish you and your family all the best David.

you guys are really the best - thanks so much for your kind words, stories and insights. pete is now on steroids which is making him a bit incontinent. s'ok though, i'd rather him be around, pissing the place up rather than not. the plus side to the steroids is that he's has a pink nose again, a slight pep to his step and a healthy appetite. an easy trade-off in my opinion. of course it's touch and go and i know that at any moment things could take a downswing, but his quality of life during this twilight time is the most important thing to me at the moment.

thanks again fellas - the amount of feedback has really touched my heart in the very best way it sort of gets to a point where one can't cry anymore, or rather needs time to recharge those batteries. i'm just sitting outside in the shade with my little man and enjoying as much time together as possible.

my dad is my hero and i think he'll pull through because he's tenacious and never, ever gives up. i couldn't ask for a better dad. i'm blessed in that since to be sure. i still worry tons about him but i know there's a network of individuals to help him through these tough times and like i said, i think he'll pull through because he's TOUGH. tough as nails. he grew up on a farm and i think that'll do it to you. i talk to him everyday and see him as much as i possibly can. sometimes i have to step in line because he has so many people that care about him. he's always been a straight shooter and has never turned down a person in need. he's a compassionate soul despite being a real man's man, if you know what i mean. he taught me to never give up, pursue my dreams wholeheartedly and live life to it's fullest. i'm still trying to do that despite these sad events.

thanks again so much everybody. i do think i have more friends that i thought. persons on OSW and SSF have really gone out of their way to let me know how they feel and i can't thank all of you enough.

you guys are really the best - thanks so much for your kind words, stories and insights. pete is now on steroids which is making him a bit incontinent. s'ok though, i'd rather him be around, pissing the place up rather than not. the plus side to the steroids is that he's has a pink nose again, a slight pep to his step and a healthy appetite. an easy trade-off in my opinion. of course it's touch and go and i know that at any moment things could take a downswing, but his quality of life during this twilight time is the most important thing to me at the moment.

thanks again fellas - the amount of feedback has really touched my heart in the very best way it sort of gets to a point where one can't cry anymore, or rather needs time to recharge those batteries. i'm just sitting outside in the shade with my little man and enjoying as much time together as possible.

my dad is my hero and i think he'll pull through because he's tenacious and never, ever gives up. i couldn't ask for a better dad. i'm blessed in that since to be sure. i still worry tons about him but i know there's a network of individuals to help him through these tough times and like i said, i think he'll pull through because he's TOUGH. tough as nails. he grew up on a farm and i think that'll do it to you. i talk to him everyday and see him as much as i possibly can. sometimes i have to step in line because he has so many people that care about him. he's always been a straight shooter and has never turned down a person in need. he's a compassionate soul despite being a real man's man, if you know what i mean. he taught me to never give up, pursue my dreams wholeheartedly and live life to it's fullest. i'm still trying to do that despite these sad events.

thanks again so much everybody. i do think i have more friends that i thought. persons on OSW and SSF have really gone out of their way to let me know how they feel and i can't thank all of you enough.

:1-1:

Re: [8-bit paint commissions] SIDESHOW JOKER • DARYL DIXON

Bravo!Fantastic job!Take care about your self, man!You are God gifted artist.

WOW - love Daryl!!!

Hey Dave, sent you a pm.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Bravo!Fantastic job!Take care about your self, man!You are God gifted artist.

thanks you so much gido :) i really appreciate the kindness :)

WOW - love Daryl!!!

thanks sean :)

Hey Dave, sent you a pm.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

sent you a reply :)

Hey David, I sent you a PM. Take care!

i will be in touch shortly after i check :)

DR. HILL (REANIMATOR)

Last edited:

Hi David I just came to hear of your unfortunate news, and would like to express my sadness at the whole situation however with that said I hope you can draw strength from all this and never forget you have many many friends within this community, take as much time as you need. I will be praying for you and your family, may god bless you all brother.

DR. HILL (REANIMATOR)

Fantastic!!! Who is the sculptor? JP?

hi drausio :) i don't know who sculpted this piece, though i know it's not JP. it's a paint commission somebody sent me.

Hi David I just came to hear of your unfortunate news, and would like to express my sadness at the whole situation however with that said I hope you can draw strength from all this and never forget you have many many friends within this community, take as much time as you need. I will be praying for you and your family, may god bless you all brother.

thanks much my friend. i really appreciate your kind words, thoughts and prayers :) it's still very touch and go, so when i get some free time i'm sure to work on something to post here :)

Wow that bloody paintup is top notch, excellent work David!

Hoping the best for you. By the way you nailed it on the joker.

Hoping the best for you. By the way you nailed it on the joker.

thanks man - i really appreciate that. i spent a lot of time with my dad today since it's fathers day. was a good time :) thankfully the steroids are really helping out my cat - at least i think his quality of life is still pretty good which is my primary concern on that front.

---

if i haven't been in touch with you and you're waiting - i'll try to touch base tomorrow and tuesday :)

---

resident evil BSAA soldier head + helmet

head sculpt: Jorge Perez

Re: [8-bit paint commissions] SIDESHOW JOKER • DARYL DIXON • REANIMATOR • BSAA ZOMBIE

Loving the sculpt and paint apps david bravo :clap

Back