[8-bit paint & figure commissions]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [8-bit paint commissions] GRIMES • TRIOXIN 2-4-5 • WWZ • GRIMES • DIXON • ZOMBIE

We made one, posted it and nobody seemed to care so the project was placed on the back burner. Thinking back on it I'd be sad if I wasn't on my way to STAR WARS WEEKEND(S) ;) can't wait!

Sorry David didn't mean to bring up sad memory's, Oh may the force be with you always! :lightsabe

Re: [8-bit paint commissions] GRIMES • TRIOXIN 2-4-5 • WWZ • GRIMES • DIXON • ZOMBIE

Sorry David didn't mean to bring up sad memory's, Oh may the force be with you always! :lightsabe

Haha - i'm kidding around - I'm fine :) just on my way back now :) was a good time in Orlando :)

time flies by :) stuff i've painted over the last 2-3 years...

Last edited:

Fantastic job David you have gotten better with each one,but still love your zombie stuff man.:rock

Fantastic job David you have gotten better with each one,but still love your zombie stuff man.:rock
thank you sir - zombies are still the most fun to paint :)

Mesmerizing man! Great work! [emoji4]

thanks my man :duff

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433577790.687474.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433577807.891112.jpg

Big thanks David [emoji106]

Love the collage brotherrr. This Tyler turned out pretty cool too.

Love seeing everything collaged together like that. Can't wait to see more X's and Indy's!

well, i just got back from disney world which was great, but it's dark times currently. we found out the new anti-rejection meds aren't working, so my dad needs another transplant and my cat is dying of cancer. my dad has about 6-9 months before he has to go back on dialysis which will be very, very tough on him given his constitution. my cat has about 1-2 months before he passes from, ironically, kidney cancer. i took my cat in for an ultrasound the other day and the biopsy literally nearly killed him. i received the terrible news the next day. i'll be honest, i've never felt this sad in years. i'm close to my parents and my cat, mr. pete (as well as my dog and 3 other cats). i don't have a lot of friends so i've probably inadvertently put a lot of high level feelings on my pets - crazy or not, that's the way i am. if you've been waiting for stuff from me for a long time and are at your limit, let me know so i can just send it back to you. my workload was fine before all this happened but i'm really not feeling it at the moment as i prefer to spend more time with my cat and dad. i plan to keep painting and doing work for people but at the same time if i haven't started your work i'd be happy to send your stuff back to you.

as some of you know, i had another trip planned for the middle of the month but it's now cancelled.

i'm sure this will all sort itself out in time, but i'd be remiss to not mention the events going on in my life right now and the impact they're having on my workload.

i'm really sorry.

well, i just got back from disney world which was great, but it's dark times currently. we found out the new anti-rejection meds aren't working, so my dad needs another transplant and my cat is dying of cancer. my dad has about 6-9 months before he has to go back on dialysis which will be very, very tough on him given his constitution. my cat has about 1-2 months before he passes from, ironically, kidney cancer. i took my cat in for an ultrasound the other day and the biopsy literally nearly killed him. i received the terrible news the next day. i'll be honest, i've never felt this sad in years. i'm close to my parents and my cat, mr. pete (as well as my dog and 3 other cats). i don't have a lot of friends so i've probably inadvertently put a lot of high level feelings on my pets - crazy or not, that's the way i am. if you've been waiting for stuff from me for a long time and are at your limit, let me know so i can just send it back to you. my workload was fine before all this happened but i'm really not feeling it at the moment as i prefer to spend more time with my cat and dad. i plan to keep painting and doing work for people but at the same time if i haven't started your work i'd be happy to send your stuff back to you.

as some of you know, i had another trip planned for the middle of the month but it's now cancelled.

i'm sure this will all sort itself out in time, but i'd be remiss to not mention the events going on in my life right now and the impact they're having on my workload.

i'm really sorry.
Sorry to hear this man....do what you gotta do man. We will be here for ya when you return. All the best to you and your family in these tough times.

i'm really sorry.

Oh David...first I want to say how truly sorry I am to hear of this. I know how you feel. I was very close to my parents and I lost them within 1 year of each other which was a major blow. I am the baby in the family and I was my parents' girl. I was there for them and spent time with them during their last few years of life. My dad had a triple bypass heart surgery at age 80 and he survived but that changed his health due to his diabetes. On top of that, my mom had Alzheimer's Disease and my dad was her caregiver. All of my vacations from work I spent with my parents, helping and taking care of errands for them even though I live one hour away yet I drove back n forth every other weekends and on my days I had off. My dad passed away first on Halloween...I talked to him on the phone before I went in to work and one hour later he died. However we kept him on life support until my sister and brother came down so all of us could say good bye at the same time. My mom...with her Alzheimer's disease, she lived that day every day. We had to tell her every day over and over again he is gone. She grieved like it was a new day every day. Then she passed away one year later (5 months ago) because of the emotional stress and duress of my dad's death took on her health and that progressed the disease rapidly. It was hard. Today, I am not the same and I know I won't be back to who I was before. That is how it is. I am still coping and will always be grieving for my parents but I will continue to live my life. Planning on getting a tattoo in their honor next month.

David, those times are tough. Be strong. I'm glad you are taking time out from this hobby to spend the time with your dad and your cat. That is more important. Be there for your family. I have a cat that is 10 years old. I can't imagine...God bless you...We'll be here when you are ready to be back. Take care of yourself.

Re: [8-bit paint commissions] SIDESHOW JOKER repaint

Hang in there David I'm sure people on here will be very understanding with your delicate situation , family is so so important spend as much time as possible with them sir .

Do what you have to do David. Anything outside of your family is not a priority now. God bless you and I will keep you in my prayers. Fans of yours will be here whenever you are ready. Stay strong buddy

Sorry to hear about the tough times you're are experiencing David, stay strong.

David really sorry to hear about your Father and your Cat and hope your Father will have a quick recovery,and my very deepest sympathy's for your Cat.

Ah man, I am sorry to hear about the bad news David, I wish you and your family the best and i will keep them in my prayers. You have a lot of talent my friend and like others have said we will be here for you when your ready to comeback.

Back