501st Clone and Cantina Band 1:1 Busts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 501st and Cantina Band 1:1 Busts

There's no other explanation for the resilience I've had with this line. The longer it goes on, the more sucked in I get, no matter what obstacles are thrown in my way, or in theirs. Kenner Star Wars had me so thoroughly romanced that I am pretty much helpless at this point.

Still waiting on 1:6 Meditation Chamber, 1:6 Bespin Gantry, and 1:6 Darth Vader TIE Fighter announcements. :lol

See I don't think human characters translate well at all. Masks and helmets or gtfo.

It could but the closest example we have so far would be the LSB of Obi-Wan which IMO isn't on the level with the 1:1 line (and not because of scale).

I think the images from SDCC of the LSB Kenobi looked great, but the production images are terrible looking.

I think it's possible but very difficult to pull off in mass production. I don't know a human's head isn't as visually interesting to me, masks and monsters is where it's at. So many awesome characters to choose from. Humans work better in 1/6th and 1/4th scale where you can see all of the detail on their costumes and accessories.

The only alien bust that didn't quite work for me was Bossk, I think SS missed a great opportunity with it being fully sculpted (as opposed to Greedo, which is a great piece); strangely though that doesn't bother me with the Gamorrean. :dunno

I think the various textures work well for the Gammy being entirely sculpted. Bossk just looks flat and the materials aren't believable when just painted.

The only alien bust that didn't quite work for me was Bossk, I think SS missed a great opportunity with it being fully sculpted (as opposed to Greedo, which is a great piece); strangely though that doesn't bother me with the Gamorrean. :dunno

Right, well not every one will be a home run. The Gamorrean is awesome.

I think the various textures work well for the Gammy being entirely sculpted. Bossk just looks flat and the materials aren't believable when just painted.

:lecture

501st Clone goes up for pre-order next week.

I wish this one wasn't so soon. I just ordered the Captain Hook PF and Legolas maquette today. I'll have to check out the reveal to see if I'll really want to go through with it.

I'm gonna pass on the Clone Trooper. If i'm gonna spend that kind of money on a trooper, it should be Stormtrooper, Snowtrooper, Scout Trooper, Tie Fighter Pilot and the other OT troopers.

I'm gonna pass on the Clone Trooper. If i'm gonna spend that kind of money on a trooper, it should be Stormtrooper, Snowtrooper, Scout Trooper, Tie Fighter Pilot and the other OT troopers.

yus.gif

I was thinking the same until I realized that none of those OT busts released by Sideshow won't be movie accurate alas. :(

I'm interested in the 501st, simply because I already have Master Replicas ROTS Vader Helm (and a 212th Attack Batallion Helmet as well). The 501st Bust would be a nice compliment...but I'll have to see how much Sideshow is going to charge before I make any attempt at a preorder.

As far as movie accurate, I could really give a ____. People that come into my house know the characters. With all of the Yoda 1:1 Busts inaccuracies that people _____ and moan about, not one person that sees the bust points out anything that alot of the freaks here (or any other forum) pick out. They actually all love the bust. Some say it's their favorite piece that I have in my collection. It's all in the eye of the beholder. I'm just trying to figure out a way to get the C-3PO Bust right now. Had to cancel on Thursday after my water heater went...Was really looking forward to adding that as well...

Back