3A TRANSFORMERS - DOTM: Optimus Prime Premium Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...but it's an awesome figure!
I'm guessing the orders for Prime was way more than 3A expected.
I got the exclusive in July and that already is at 1101st.

I can imagine your frustration, but l highly recommend you keep your order.

so freaking dumb :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

getting ready for them to freaking keep it at this point

Trust me you don't want to do that. The figure is amazing and worth the wait. If you cancel your order you will most likely find your self wanting it and gouging your eyes out at the Evil bay prices.

The size is definitely impressive, so are the paint on the metallic parts. My only complain is the parts where the automotive paint are, they are not glossy. I am tempted to put a glossy coat on them.

So just a little heads-up in case others are in the same boat as me. I preordered mine at bbts back in early June. Like others here I received my processing soon notice over a week ago. I emailed bbts today asking when my order was going to be charged and shipped out and they said it's been updated till the end of December. So I know a few people here recently posted some orders delivered last week but it looks like most of their pre-orders aren't going to be processed any time soon. And the wait continues

that sucks big time. i guess i was one of the few fortunate ones who wasn't impacted by this. but let me tell you guys, its worth the wait. its a magnificent piece. like its been said before, its a worthwhile piece to wait for. its a damn beaut.

Could you send it back for an exchange to a new one?

Send it back for a replacement.
You can also contact the 3A customer service department, but I think they'll suggest you return it to your supplier too.

So little update with the return process. First let me say Sideshow's customer service has went way down. Apparently they outsource now or something. It used to be contact them directly, rep requests pictures sent to their division email box and a return number was assigned. This all happened within 24hrs.

Now you have to fill out a return form and upload your pictures on their website which then generates an email giving you your reference number and that someone will be with you in 48 to 72 hrs! So I jump through the hoops and submit everything on Friday afternoon. I don't hear anything back till close of business today and I'm told "I'm sorry the pictures you uploaded didn't seem to make it through, we need you respond to this email with the reference pictures to better diagnose the problem."

WTF, took you 3 1/2 days to tell me you need me to resend the pics?!!!! Conveniently at the end of the day right before a holiday weekend. And what do you need a ****ing pic of where a button to turn on light features is supposed to be? SERIOUSLY if I describe to you there should be a button on the gas tank to turn on his chest lights and there is NO ****ING button what more do you need????

I'm soo pissed off at Sideshow customer support right now, this is complete ****. I'm seriously tempted to never buy from them again if this is the new standard of customer support.

So little update with the return process. First let me say Sideshow's customer service has went way down. Apparently they outsource now or something. It used to be contact them directly, rep requests pictures sent to their division email box and a return number was assigned. This all happened within 24hrs.

Now you have to fill out a return form and upload your pictures on their website which then generates an email giving you your reference number and that someone will be with you in 48 to 72 hrs! So I jump through the hoops and submit everything on Friday afternoon. I don't hear anything back till close of business today and I'm told "I'm sorry the pictures you uploaded didn't seem to make it through, we need you respond to this email with the reference pictures to better diagnose the problem."

WTF, took you 3 1/2 days to tell me you need me to resend the pics?!!!! Conveniently at the end of the day right before a holiday weekend. And what do you need a ****ing pic of where a button to turn on light features is supposed to be? SERIOUSLY if I describe to you there should be a button on the gas tank to turn on his chest lights and there is NO ****ING button what more do you need????

I'm soo pissed off at Sideshow customer support right now, this is complete ****. I'm seriously tempted to never buy from them again if this is the new standard of customer support.

Here is some advice.
Sideshows CS sound pretty poor but I can say for sure its 10 levels better than 3a so I'd steer clear from them all together.
Also this is why I buy Hot toys, 3a, 3zero and more from Amazon whenever possible.
Any issues... 1 click and a replacement is on it's way before I can even pack up the bad one.
For example on Monday my Transformers Victorian box set arrived... one of the arms had a defective ratchet joint. One click and the second one arrived today just 48 hours later and I have till mid-December to send the bad one back. Absolutely the best company I've ever dealt with. Unless it's a sideshow exclusive I buy every single solitary item I can from Amazon. Even if it's through a third party they don't want to piss off Amazon and lose being able to sell through them I've had the same type of response when I bought from companies who sell through Amazon.
Also even if it takes a little longer for Amazon to get things in from three zero... it sometimes worth the wait. Here's an example. The TitanFall 3A 30 Titan that's on Sideshow for like $430 I bought on Amazon for 290. You just have to wait as the prices go up and down but if you hit it right you get killer deals. Even the Victorian box set that just arrived this week I bought for under $60 when every place else is around a hundred.

Although I have my non pre-order from Big Bad Toy Store I've had it also on my wish list save for later on my Amazon account for months.
I was actually hoping that Amazon would get theirs first and I would cancel my big bad toy store pre-order because for this exact reason. Right now all the figures on Amazon are from third-party sellers in Japan I'm waiting for a us-based seller or Amazon to have it and to tell you the truth I know that they're going to it's just going to be a little bit of time. So I check my saved items every day to see if Optimus showed up through Amazon because I know it's going to be the lowest price and if anything goes wrong absolutely no worries

Here is some advice.
Sideshows CS sound pretty poor but I can say for sure its 10 levels better than 3a so I'd steer clear from them all together.
Also this is why I buy Hot toys, 3a, 3zero and more from Amazon whenever possible.
Any issues... 1 click and a replacement is on it's way before I can even pack up the bad one.
For example on Monday my Transformers Victorian box set arrived... one of the arms had a defective ratchet joint. One click and the second one arrived today just 48 hours later and I have till mid-December to send the bad one back. Absolutely the best company I've ever dealt with. Unless it's a sideshow exclusive I buy every single solitary item I can from Amazon. Even if it's through a third party they don't want to piss off Amazon and lose being able to sell through them I've had the same type of response when I bought from companies who sell through Amazon.
Also even if it takes a little longer for Amazon to get things in from three zero... it sometimes worth the wait. Here's an example. The TitanFall 3A 30 Titan that's on Sideshow for like $430 I bought on Amazon for 290. You just have to wait as the prices go up and down but if you hit it right you get killer deals. Even the Victorian box set that just arrived this week I bought for under $60 when every place else is around a hundred.

Although I have my non pre-order from Big Bad Toy Store I've had it also on my wish list save for later on my Amazon account for months.
I was actually hoping that Amazon would get theirs first and I would cancel my big bad toy store pre-order because for this exact reason. Right now all the figures on Amazon are from third-party sellers in Japan I'm waiting for a us-based seller or Amazon to have it and to tell you the truth I know that they're going to it's just going to be a little bit of time. So I check my saved items every day to see if Optimus showed up through Amazon because I know it's going to be the lowest price and if anything goes wrong absolutely no worries

Thank you for the advice. I might be using Amazon from now on. Sounds like the CS is 1000 times better than Sideshow. It is very sad because Sideshow used to have excellent CS similar to Amazon's.

The gloss spray does bring out the blue and red, check these out 20161125_165524.jpg20161125_133115.jpg

Got both at home right now. Optimus came in today and looks fantastic! Just took them out and snaped a few pics. Didn´t pay attention on posing, cause I stored them in the basement right now. Will present them in style in April in my new house...like the rest of my collection. :)

_108044269qwz.jpg

_1080441hnrcd.jpg

_10804430vr9g.jpg

_1080445vwqao.jpg

_108044751onb.jpg

Ice

Where did you get your bumblebee from? Nowadays they are selling them on eBay at extreme prices

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I got my notice too, BBTS taking their time to ship it, it's been in warehouse status for the last 2 days.

I got my notice too, BBTS taking their time to ship it, it's been in warehouse status for the last 2 days.

same here. all kinds of FAIL surrounding this figure ever since i preorder. it better wow my socks or i'll return him

its worth the wait... looks like he walked right off the movie screen. i have a ton of crap and its one thing i always stop to look at even after 5 months of standing there.

Finally shipped!!! I have been impressed with all the pictures I have seen, and I like the overall design of this version of movie Prime. Just wish I got the exclusive with the blaster, oh well.

I would reiterate what others have said here - I wouldn't pass on this one. I too have a lot of collectibles and he is an eye grabber among diamonds if you know what I mean. My posing skills leave a bit to be desired but the photos below give you an idea. That last one is with a standard 3 3/4" Star Wars figure to show you how big this guy is - just awesome!

PointingSmall.jpg

TopdownpointingSmall.jpg

CloseUpSmall.jpg

FightingSmall.jpg

Fighting2Small.jpg

SizeComparisonSmall.jpg

Back