3A TRANSFORMERS - DOTM: Optimus Prime Premium Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe you took it the wrong way? :slap
No hard feelings. :1-1:

I was simply making a suggestion to maybe help you sell more items.
However, at $95.37 I can understand the price. I'm old-school and based my suggestion on the ol " silicon mold & resin mix" manufacturing process. I have used this method myself but I know nothing of Shapeways.
Sorry about overstepping and success on your endeavor. Like I said before; it's an outstanding product.

Maybe you took it the wrong way? :slap
No hard feelings. :1-1:

I was simply making a suggestion to maybe help you sell more items.
However, at $95.37 I can understand the price. I'm old-school and based my suggestion on the ol " silicon mold & resin mix" manufacturing process. I have used this method myself but I know nothing of Shapeways.
Sorry about overstepping and success on your endeavor. Like I said before; it's an outstanding product.

I re-read my post and I admit I'm a bit emotional on that. :slap

So yeah, no hard feeling. :1-1:

And thanks for your suggestion & compliment. :eek:

Awesome, I just ordered one!

Thank you for making this available.

Do you have any tips on painting it? What paints to use, etc.?

Thank you very much for your order! Hope you will be satisfied with your purchase, as much as I do. Do share some photos of your sample here if you may once you have received it. :)

Here's are the paints that I used:

1. Black acrylic spraypaint for basecoat (sorry, can't remember the brand but its just a regular household brand).
2. Drybrush with Vallejo acrylics (Gunmetal) and Tamiya acrylics (Silver).The surface of the print is a bit grainy, so its good for drybrush technique.
3. For detailing I used Vallejo acrylics (Copper), applied on where appropriate (tubes, rings, etc.)
4. For the rust effect - mix between Vallejo acrylics (Sepia+Goldbrown+Copper & Black). I used sponge technique, trading layers between these colors.
5. Lastly, I applied some inkwash by using Vallejo acrylics Sepia & Black.

I hope above explanation is sufficient. Just let me know if you need any further info. All the best!:wave

Thank you very much for your order! Hope you will be satisfied with your purchase, as much as I do. Do share some photos of your sample here if you may once you have received it. :)

1. Black acrylic spraypaint for basecoat (sorry, can't remember the brand but its just a regular household brand).
2. Drybrush with Vallejo acrylics (Gunmetal) and Tamiya acrylics (Silver).The surface of the print is a bit grainy, so its good for drybrush technique.
3. For detailing I used Vallejo acrylics (Copper), applied on where appropriate (tubes, rings, etc.)
4. For the rust effect - mix between Vallejo acrylics (Sepia+Goldbrown+Copper & Black). I used sponge technique, trading layers between these colors.

I hope above explanation is sufficient. Just let me know if you need any further info. All the best!:wave

Once again, thank you very much!

I just picked optimus up. After looking at some of the awesome pics on here , I had to have it. One came up here in the uk so I got him in today... Man this thing is stunning. Threezero nailed this. I may have to pick up one of the guns above . Wow. cant stop looking at it.

I have one more question, I just received the gun from Shapeways, did you sand it before priming/painting it?

No, I just paint it directly. As I said before, it turns out that grainy surface is good for drybrush technique, creating a natural worn looked surface.

All the best!

Would you be will to paint it for a fee

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back