3A TRANSFORMERS - DOTM Bumblebee Premium Scale Figure - Announcement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bbts's bee without the pillar cost $380, just $10 less than the EX version from 3A store?!
i dont know why people order this instead of the EX version then.
$390 with Free Shipping. I don't believe BBTS has any sort of free shipping option.

Apparently ordering through bambaland includes free shipping, the pillar and a 15% discount.

Apparently ordering through bambaland includes free shipping, the pillar and a 15% discount.

Then we would mention different price from the start :)

15% discount only if you join their yearly membership program. $150 gets you 15% off all 3A purchases for a year.

Absolutely correct and usually we offer 3AA membership on January 15th.

Hopefully someone can answer some of my concerns.
For me 3A is a good alternative to Prime1 Studio, yes 3A transformers are plastic and not polystone/pvc like Prime1 but 390 vs 1299 is a good selling point.
The 3A bumblebee is nearly as big as the Prime1 Studio and you have to admit the photos look great but hopefully the 3A figs are not too plasticky in person.

From what I have seen 3A looks to have very good detail/weathering on their products (especially anything robotic) but what happens if Hot Toys picks up the Transformers/Bay movie licence. Is it a possibility that Hot Toys will compete with a rival Chinese company like 3A?
390USD is quite a bit for a plastic figure, what will happen to the prices of these 3A Transformers if Hot Toys gets the licence?
Look forward to hearing what your thoughts are.

There is another version without the pillar in Hong Kong, ~50 USD less.
The regular version is going to be $50 cheaper? Where do you see that? Was about to order on Bamba but I rather buy it one $50 cheaper if it excludes the pillar.

The regular version is going to be $50 cheaper? Where do you see that? Was about to order on Bamba but I rather buy it one $50 cheaper if it excludes the pillar.

Hong Kong, I am living here. We can pre-order it from some toy shops.

Hopefully someone can answer some of my concerns.
For me 3A is a good alternative to Prime1 Studio, yes 3A transformers are plastic and not polystone/pvc like Prime1 but 390 vs 1299 is a good selling point.
The 3A bumblebee is nearly as big as the Prime1 Studio and you have to admit the photos look great but hopefully the 3A figs are not too plasticky in person.

From what I have seen 3A looks to have very good detail/weathering on their products (especially anything robotic) but what happens if Hot Toys picks up the Transformers/Bay movie licence. Is it a possibility that Hot Toys will compete with a rival Chinese company like 3A?
390USD is quite a bit for a plastic figure, what will happen to the prices of these 3A Transformers if Hot Toys gets the licence?
Look forward to hearing what your thoughts are.

That is the nature of collecting. There is always a possibility of getting options. There is however the opportunity to trade and sell if the collectibles are kept in pristine condition as well.

I'm not going to base my purchases on "what ifs" though.
At the moment, my attention is on 3A. If they deliver good TFs, it will remain so.

As for the materials used, I'm not sure. I've not purchased a 3A product before, though I own many Sideshow & HotToys figures. Depending on how/when Bee gets released I'd gladly post a review.

That is the nature of collecting. There is always a possibility of getting options. There is however the opportunity to trade and sell if the collectibles are kept in pristine condition as well.

I'm not going to base my purchases on "what ifs" though.
At the moment, my attention is on 3A. If they deliver good TFs, it will remain so.

As for the materials used, I'm not sure. I've not purchased a 3A product before, though I own many Sideshow & HotToys figures. Depending on how/when Bee gets released I'd gladly post a review.
I have Carter and Emile from their Halo line and my only gripe pertaining to the build quality of the figures is that the glue they use is a bit cheap and hasn't held on a couple of pieces. Nothing a few drops of my super glue won't fix, but it is a bit of a nuisance.

When it comes to the paint job and finish, 3A's stuff looks amazing.

Sorry for the double post, but new photo! There's that wrist articulation!

Toy-Soul-2014-3A-004.jpg

Sorry for the double post, but new photo! There's that wrist articulation!

Toy-Soul-2014-3A-004.jpg

It looks....good.
There are a few things that could change, but all in all it looks nice.

Thanks for the tip regarding their glue. I'll have some gorilla glue on standby for this guy just in case.

It looks....good.
There are a few things that could change, but all in all it looks nice.

Thanks for the tip regarding their glue. I'll have some gorilla glue on standby for this guy just in case.

What are those few things that could change, im curious?

Back