3A TRANSFORMERS - DOTM Bumblebee Premium Scale Figure - Announcement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 3A TRANSFORMERS - DOTM Bumblebee - Official Announcement

Definitely will pick up Prime and Bee if the prices aren't too bad. They look great!

New Lookbook issue:

ISSUU - LOOKBOOK 3A Issue 016 - Transformers Bumblebee by threeA

Price is $390 USD with free shipping from Bambaland. Ouch. Still, it's amazing that I have to keep reminding myself that I'm looking at a figure and not a CG render. Arm articulation still looks pretty awkward in all the photos, hope it's as good as they say.

The size actually might be similar to Prime1 Bee

I really hope they get the proper scales right beteen bee and optimus. Otherwise it would look terribly ridiculous posed together

Optimus would be HUUUUGE.

And that would be effin awesome.

Totally getting this series.

Pretty sure that's a custom DMK 'Bee shown in that fetching blue tub, yes?

3A 'Bee little bit too rich for my blood at £250. Saving the pennies for maybe Starscream only, methinks.

Optimus would be HUUUUGE.

And that would be effin awesome.

Totally getting this series.

According to some info on the 3A outpost, Prime won't be to scale as it would be too big (but will be bigger than Bee)....fyi.

According to some info on the 3A outpost, Prime won't be to scale as it would be too big (but will be bigger than Bee)....fyi.

If that turns out to be true, i may pass on optimus. He just cant be practically the same size as bee and not look awkward. I dunno i guess we will see.hopefully your info turns out wrong

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for prime to be much bigger than bee. Bee's just 3 inches taller than a standard 12 inch figure. It'll be just like a 1/6 scale figure standing next to a 1/4 scale figure. Just the thought of having a movie ver optimus prime as tall as my 1/4 TDKR Batman is mind blowing and I HOPE 3A will just say EFF IT and go all the way with it and not pull any punches.

...it probably won't happen though...which would suck.

If that turns out to be true, i may pass on optimus. He just cant be practically the same size as bee and not look awkward. I dunno i guess we will see.hopefully your info turns out wrong

Yes, that would look plain weird. Might as well, downscale Bee

Optimus is rumored to be roughly 18-20" tall. Don't think height will be really a problem with 3A. They make huge figures all the time.

Bee looks awesome but I might have to pick between him and optimus due to finances. It will really come down to who looks best and it seems it's going to be really tough to beat how good Bumblebee looks.

These figures are so intricate, you just have to expect higher prices. Foregone conclusion. Just look at all those bits and parts in bee alone. Its a beaut though. Really excited for these

Bee looks awesome but I might have to pick between him and optimus due to finances. It will really come down to who looks best and it seems it's going to be really tough to beat how good Bumblebee looks.
Same. I will try to afford both. But then again, I really just want Optimus and Megatron. So those two alone would be awesome enough for me.

Bee does look uber awesome though. So detailed.

It's a bit weird. If there's one company I'd hope would just go, **** it, and make a crazy huge crazy expensive in-scale toy, it'd be 3A. I'd guess this is the downside of a licensed property - there's no point 3A totally pricing out (and even sizing-out) potential customers, which (even with the deeper pockets needed) will doubtless be a wider audience than the usual 3A gang.

Shame tho.

Relatively, I'd still expect Prime & Megatron to be in scale with each other, tho. And therfore Starscream. So, that's three of the four. Why did they make 'Bee so big? Doesn't make sense.

Back