3A TRANSFORMERS - DOTM Bumblebee Premium Scale Figure - Announcement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right! Kudos to 3A for their work on Bumblebee!
485df6c8eb5b093ed5667e6d6bb0dcca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys be careful handling Bee.. I swear the longer I have him the weaker the glue gets. I had him posed without touching him for a while. Picked him up today and with every move I made little bits were falling off left and right. Bits that I didn't even know were pegged in.

I am slowly watching this amazing figure 'transform' into a POS!! One of the door wings broke off. I boxed it up to try protecting it until I sold it. Sold it.. Went to give it a final inspection before shipping it off. Pulled him out of the box and his door was laying in the box. The plastic broke around the screw that connects it to the body. Dammit

844e4a08f3727182a040be1b8c47eeb1.jpg

Now I have to cancel the sell.. Relist it super cheap and disclose that it just might crumble into a pile of dust in time smh.. I'm done. Anyone interested in my Optimus Prime exclusive?

:horror
Holy crap!

That really sucks! Looks like you got a bad egg.
I'm sure you can still get full price for Bee if you wait a little longer to sell it.
Once Prime hits, Bee's value is sure to skyrocket.

I'm looking to score an exclusive Megatron. So far a little superglue here and there has helped my Bumblebee stay in one piece.

Maybe try storing it face down so there's no weight on his back?

i already had bee out in the blistering sun. been handled by a couple of hands lately.
still in one piece.

Maybe I had a dud from day one. While I was packing him up I noticed a panel missing from his right leg. I tore up the house looking for it to no avail. I was looking through some of the pictures I posted a day or two after receiving it and noticed that it was never there to start. I just never noticed it.

There is a grey and yellow piece missing from his lower right leg.

c86ecf48f90d06fc5f927da97d563655.jpg

Last edited:
i was looking at the wrong leg...i could not see what's missing.lolz

but yeah, the thigh has a piece with grey and yellow paint....yours only has a hole.

Man, that's just sad about that Bee. I figured 3A had their QC issues figured out on this line but maybe they don't.

Hopefully is just an issue with mine. Besides some parts falling out because of weak glue everyone else seems to be doing ok with theirs.

Seeing as how my door broke off around a screw that is a bit concerning though. I wonder if moving the doors too much causes the screw to grind the plastic.

Same as mine. Weak glue. The more i move. The more it gets loose. Right now it's just on a static pose. Not the best pic image.jpgimage.jpg

Guys be careful handling Bee.. I swear the longer I have him the weaker the glue gets. I had him posed without touching him for a while. Picked him up today and with every move I made little bits were falling off left and right. Bits that I didn't even know were pegged in.

dam man!! now i'm glad the old lady was po'd and didn't want me to pick it up!

sorry you're havin issues tho bud... that really sux!

why'd you decide to sell it???

I am slowly watching this amazing figure 'transform' into a POS!! One of the door wings broke off. I boxed it up to try protecting it until I sold it. Sold it.. Went to give it a final inspection before shipping it off. Pulled him out of the box and his door was laying in the box. The plastic broke around the screw that connects it to the body. Dammit

844e4a08f3727182a040be1b8c47eeb1.jpg

Now I have to cancel the sell.. Relist it super cheap and disclose that it just might crumble into a pile of dust in time smh.. I'm done. Anyone interested in my Optimus Prime exclusive?

No big deal. Easy fix.
Get loctite and glue it in place

dam man!! now i'm glad the old lady was po'd and didn't want me to pick it up!

sorry you're havin issues tho bud... that really sux!

why'd you decide to sell it???

Lol.. I was selling it because my collection has taken a turn towards bigger items.. I have all 1/4 figures and a few statues now. Bee was just looking too small. I think I'd have to go the Prime 1 route eventually.. Ouch!

Apparently there are several quality issues related to this figure (on the other hand beautiful figure, no doubt). I received my figure on Monday and there were two pieces missed in the front and an additional one missed from the back. The three missed pieces were not inside the box and thus re-glue was not an option. But the story goes on... I phoned to the distributor and, since we are in same city, we met yesterday in the shop and we opened another brand new box. This time the pieces from the front were there but again a yellow triangle from same leg was missed and not included in the box. We thought to move the missed piece from one figure to another one but this was not an option because the piece missed was the same one in both figures. Do you think guys that will be possible to get spare parts for this figure? By the way, has 3A Toys still some of these pieces in stock?

No big deal. Easy fix.
Get loctite and glue it in place

Very interesting. I have sold mine but I am very interested in seeing how it all works out. I also experienced a piece not making it into the box. Hopefully 3a can make it right and send you what's missing.

Woah! Hopefully Optimus prime won't have the same issue. Will be disappointed if having a poor workmanship figure after paying so much and waiting for so Long…

Mines fine no issues at all. Beautiful and fantastically engineered figure.

Back