3A TRANSFORMERS - DOTM Bumblebee Premium Scale Figure - Announcement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry guys ... My Bee is fine ... No problems
c278e325f431a8868534cc5513486358.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently there are several quality issues related to this figure (on the other hand beautiful figure, no doubt). I received my figure on Monday and there were two pieces missed in the front and an additional one missed from the back. The three missed pieces were not inside the box and thus re-glue was not an option. But the story goes on... I phoned to the distributor and, since we are in same city, we met yesterday in the shop and we opened another brand new box. This time the pieces from the front were there but again a yellow triangle from same leg was missed and not included in the box. We thought to move the missed piece from one figure to another one but this was not an option because the piece missed was the same one in both figures. Do you think guys that will be possible to get spare parts for this figure? By the way, has 3A Toys still some of these pieces in stock?
From the Transformers forum:
Quote:

Originally Posted by*yyh2046*

Dear decemberist,
Desperately looking for help here! My brand new sealed bumblebee came missing a piece, can you help me get that part? I'd really appreciate it.

Sorry that happened. Email*[email protected]*with your order number and the image. If they have the part in stock they'll be able to send it to you, if they don't, they have to manufacture a new one which can take a long time.

End quote.

So, spare parts might be difficult to come by.

From the Transformers forum:
Quote:

Originally Posted by*yyh2046*

Dear decemberist,
Desperately looking for help here! My brand new sealed bumblebee came missing a piece, can you help me get that part? I'd really appreciate it.

Sorry that happened. Email*[email protected]*with your order number and the image. If they have the part in stock they'll be able to send it to you, if they don't, they have to manufacture a new one which can take a long time.

End quote.

So, spare parts might be difficult to come by.

Thanks! I already wrote them an email yesterday. Let's wait for an answer... Another option to get the small piece missed (yellow triangle part on the back side of the leg) might be somebody getting a replacement and destroying by request the defective figure (hopefully the hammer not achieving that particular piece... :) . If anyone gets to know that case, please, let me know it. Thanks!!!

After reading through these posts, I decided to thoroughly go over my BB.
Yup....mine is missing a piece (hose) on its right waist.
Hhh...I'm not even going to bother getting a replacement. I'll just make the piece myself.

20160123_162302.jpg

Last edited:
After reading through these posts, I decided to thoroughly go over my BB.
Yup....mine is missing a piece (hose) on its right waist.
Hhh...I'm not even going to bother getting a replacement. I'll just make the piece myself.

View attachment 239738

With so many pieces and fine details is very easy to oversee small parts missed. Actually, I cannot see where the missed piece is in your picture. Could you please indicate it (circle or arrow), please?

View attachment 240601

Correct. The little S tube on the figure's right side.
Here's the left one.

Thanks! I see it now. Not a big deal but I cannot understand how this may happen. They design a beautiful piece with many details but they do not pay attention to final control of the piece. I visited again to the distributor that sold me the figure because I decided to take home the one (of the two with missing pieces) that has only missed a yellow piece in the leg. I made a final checking only to discover that the right arm has a fracture on a yellow piece going from up to down. I finally decided to leave the figure to the distributor and wait if 3A Toys decides to send him a brand new figure. Let's see... First time that I buy a figure from 3A Toys and, most probably, the last one.

I'm sorry to hear that.
Honestly, I think the glue 3A used does not agree with the plastic.
My missing piece isn't in the box, nor laying somewhere around the figure. (Where Bee has been from day 1) So I feel it's safe to assume that all these missing pieces are laying on the factory floor.
Further evidence of this is that in my case there is still glue residue on the figure, along with an imprint of the missing part.

Not a big deal for me, but we pay premium prices for "premium" figures.
Apart from minor gripes, they're awesome.

i think i'm lucky enough to get all the bits and pieces intact.
anyway, i just thought it would be a good idea to gummi pfledge or honda grease those tires on his back.

I'd be concerned about the rubber reacting to the solution.
If anything, silicone oil would be best. It insulates and doesn't react with anything. (That's why they use it inside human bodies)

EDIT: After looking at some CGI renders of Bumblebee I realized that my figure's right knee pad was upside down.
Good thing the factory used super-cheap glue, as I was able to yank it off and re-glue it the correct way.
This is the 4th factory error with my piece, and it's starting to get annoying.

Last edited:
Late to the game with the ThreeA Stuff but managed to snag a new BB from animarket in HK paid a lot but looking at the reviews well worth it, next will be Optimus then megatron & starscream when it eventually ends up shipping. Gonna be an expensive few months :horror

Congrats on your score.
Rumor has it that more movie Transformers will follow, only they won't be from DOTM.
Here's a pic of my movie TF shelf.

Last edited:
Congrats on your score.
Rumor has it that more movie Transformers will follow, only they won't be from DOTM.
Here's a pic of my movie TF shelf.

really? where did you hear that ? that would be awesome to know they still have the interest in this stuff

really? where did you hear that ? that would be awesome to know they still have the interest in this stuff

This was from the mouth of...or should I say fingers Optibotimus on Youtube.
He has the inside track on 3A transformer news.

Where did you get that lil spark?

I bought mine on Ebay for $9.99 shipped. It's textured and comes with an even smaller Matrix of Leadership.
They're both made by 4Ever Studio and are very detailed for their size.

Back