3A HALO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feels like the 3A Halo line was sent out to die with the last figures. Chief finally releases but they **** him up so badly, and the other figure is a spartan no one actually cares about and probably sold dreadfully. Not to mention they were Halo 4 figures, released within months of Halo 5, 3 years later. Terrible decision making all around.

Haha we still care about this thread?

It deserved to die considering the treatment it got. I'm no longer care about 3A.

I foresee the same crap happening with their destiny line too. Luckily I didn't buy that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha we still care about this thread?

It deserved to die considering the treatment it got. I no longer care about 3A.
same here i didnt renew my membership. and im selling my 3a stuff, getting double my money back.

To me, the real problem is these new armor designs weren't meant for being 1/6 action figure with mixed materials in the first place. They were too complex. It would've been perfect for older designs like Halo 3, but this is not it. So 3A was left with producing giant Play Arts Kai or a rubber doll with no articulation we got. Not that I hated it because I modded it and love it so much, but it could've been that right out of the box. I also don't understand silvery undersuit also. Why 3A why? You got such fantastic license and you blew it up like this?

What baffles me is the insistence of using rubber undersuits. These would be FINE if the were molded and jointed as a full scale action figure. No harm, no foul. Probably would be cheaper to produce and undoubtedly more sturdy. How many joints would one I really be able to see, the elbows? The shoulder hinge? Oooooh. They're action figures, they're gonna have joints. If anything, HT and their Iron Men have proven you can do a fully molded figure just fine.

ThreeA could have produced much better figures with some minor changes, though. If they took Thorne/Recruit, changed the bodysuit to a solid black and used a body with much stronger thigh and elbow ratchets, we would have had a very solid figure. Admittedly the paint still fell way short of the promo photos, but at least we would have received a better-looking figure with very good articulation given the bulk of the suit.

What baffles me is the insistence of using rubber undersuits. These would be FINE if the were molded and jointed as a full scale action figure. No harm, no foul. Probably would be cheaper to produce and undoubtedly more sturdy. How many joints would one I really be able to see, the elbows? The shoulder hinge? Oooooh. They're action figures, they're gonna have joints. If anything, HT and their Iron Men have proven you can do a fully molded figure just fine.

I think even a cloth undersuit with rubberized stamping on it would've worked - the new HT BVS Superman has something like this. Covers the joints with stretchy material and you can attach the armor pieces to the body underneath. The rubber suit is really the most bizarre decision on these things. Even open joints would've worked - they're damn robo-people, joints would not look out of place here. Very, very strange.

I think even a cloth undersuit with rubberized stamping on it would've worked - the new HT BVS Superman has something like this. Covers the joints with stretchy material and you can attach the armor pieces to the body underneath. The rubber suit is really the most bizarre decision on these things. Even open joints would've worked - they're damn robo-people, joints would not look out of place here. Very, very strange.

Also a good point. I hadn't thought of that, but that certainly would be a plausible option as well. Like you say though, joints really wouldn't be obvious at all here. Heck, I don't notice it on my NECA Chief who is a gigantic figure.

I was so disappointed with how these turned out. And my guess is, a 1/6th scale won't be picked up anywhere else. I would love to see SS take a swing at it but I get the feeling the 1/6th Halo figure is dead.

Thats basically what McFarlene did

page-8795.jpg

Could not resist to post. I cancelled my preorder for the MC and thankfully they didn't charge me. The store selling them was mad at 3A as well.

I did however pick up a MC and Thorne super cheap on eBay. I think $70 and $60.

I don't have time to read 220 pages but I'm sure every issue has been pointed out but I just want to post a few that are the worst to me.

1) the joints aren't fit for Johnnys Homade Figures. Wth who even picked those hip joints and it's an insult to call them hip joints to hip joints. There's no real joint. I could not even fathom why this body was used. Had to be purchased wholesale lol it's absolute junk. I really think if a good body was used it would solve nearly all the issues it has.

2) paint job on MC was terrible. I think some were worse because my mask is decent but I have seen some doozies.

3) unposeable hmm not totally. I purchased the large figure holders I used for my NECA MC. It holds them easy but it is still tough for them to stay as I leave them and mostly the MC. He was slouching then bending. I managed to get him into a good pose as well as Thorne but with no stand it is beyond me since there's no real way for the figure to hold it.

4) ok the fact it can't hold weapons well or get all the fingers on it. Forget articulating all the fingers if it can't hold the guns. Just no with that. In my opinion it's a way to shortcut and not include a few hand choices.

The whole thing was a shortcut. Emile and Carter at least had decent joints. Prolly be better getting a ruined Carter or Emile and moving the parts over.

Say... has anyone tried 3D printing all of Chief's armor parts and put them on Gabriel Thorne's body? Cos I think Thorne's body and undersuit are quite passable.

Last edited:
I'm hoping and crossing my fingers for a Jorge, or threezero/hot toys picking up the license. I have 1 figure on PO from PewPewGun, and hoping that threezero will show a prototype of Gabriel from LMS soon. My team so far ...

_G1A9554_rev_facebook2.jpg

So what mods should I do to Chief besides painting the undersuit? Any trick to get him to hold the rifle?

I'm hoping and crossing my fingers for a Jorge, or threezero/hot toys picking up the license. I have 1 figure on PO from PewPewGun, and hoping that threezero will show a prototype of Gabriel from LMS soon. My team so far ...

View attachment 269683

Man, I forgot about that LMS figure from threezero. Whatever happened with that thing?

Still a pig of a figure, but hey, i figure its our only decent stab at a 1/6 Chief.

Playing through a few Halo games lately, such potential for this line, imagine the possible sales if someone got the licence and pumped out quality figures to tie in with game releases and stuff. :gah:

IMG_2200.jpg

Back