3A HALO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Thorne / Recruit figures were really nice, It's a shame we haven't heard news of any new 3A Halo releases since then. A lot of reach collectors are miffed at only have 1/3 of Noble Team ;(
I wouldn't expect anymore, the Master Chief blunder probably cost 3A the license. With the recent news of the license for the smaller action figures changing hands from McFarlane to Mattel, I wouldn't be surprised to hear about the 1/6 license going to someone else, or being left in limbo for now.

Mattel have got the 12" Halo license.

Whether that's 12" scale, or 12" from head to toe is anyone's guess, but they are at New York Toy Fair, so we'll find out soon enough.

Mattel have got the 12" Halo license.

Whether that's 12" scale, or 12" from head to toe is anyone's guess, but they are at New York Toy Fair, so we'll find out soon enough.

I, uh, don't think people are gonna want Mattel's 12" Halo figures.
d20f55d1c7f55ec4aac856622df7e2a0.jpg

I, uh, don't think people are gonna want Mattel's 12" Halo figures.
d20f55d1c7f55ec4aac856622df7e2a0.jpg
Yeah...I don't think those quite fall under the same license at what 3A was putting out. But what do I know.

All of the Mattel stuff looks pretty awful though.

Yeah...I don't think those quite fall under the same license at what 3A was putting out. But what do I know.

All of the Mattel stuff looks pretty awful though.

12" and 1/6th scale might be two separate licenses... after all these guys are around 14" tall. There's a bunch of meh 12" figures out there for Marvel properties, but Hot Toys has no problem making their versions. They are making an R/C Warthog though, which is awesome.

12" and 1/6th scale might be two separate licenses... after all these guys are around 14" tall. There's a bunch of meh 12" figures out there for Marvel properties, but Hot Toys has no problem making their versions. They are making an R/C Warthog though, which is awesome.
Yup, and Marvel Legends is coming out with a new 12" line but the Hot Toys train isn't slowing down anytime soon.

I received my Thorne, he's kinda floppy. Is it normal? Also, how good is the rubber material in your opinion? Never have a 3a halo figure before, so pardon my lack of knowledge.

The thigh ratchets are too weak on all of the Halo figures, so Thorne's legs can't hold deep stances. That said my Recruit figure seemed pretty solid in the arms and knees, so if yours is flopping around there, you might have a problem.

The thigh ratchets are too weak on all of the Halo figures, so Thorne's legs can't hold deep stances. That said my Recruit figure seemed pretty solid in the arms and knees, so if yours is flopping around there, you might have a problem.

Yeah, only the thigh area is floppy. Any idea on the rubber suit?

i believe that it will degrade overtime but.... what is the overall estimation and methods to maintain long-term display.
I don't think anyone can really answer that question, it's a total unknown how long these will last. The closest thing I can give you to an answer is that I've owned Carter since it came out in 2013, I've kept it displayed out in the open, not in a sealed display case, and away from direct sunlight. I have not observed any signs of damage to the rubber yet.

Hi there guys! I've got the Thorne figure which I'm looking to sell in the UK. Downsizing my collection to more 7" scale figures so I'm selling the 1/6 scale figures in my collection. I've given him a repaint of the undersuit so it's now black and not the horrible silver colour but apart from that everything is how it was from the manufacturer! I'll post a picture of him tonight but I was just looking to see who would be interested? Looking for £190 ish excluding postage as that depends on location or what not! Also open to offers! Thanks guys :)DSC_2581.jpgDSC_2584.jpg

Any member here that has the resources and contacts to shrink NECA's 1/4 Master Chief to a 14-inch figure? Kickstarter maybe?

No response from 3A's forum under the Halo section, is the figure line been eliminated from their project list?

We just got word the other day from Greg at 3A that the 3A Halo Line is pretty much dead for the time being. Really pisses me off to not have iconic characters like Noble 6, Kat, Jun or Jorge.

Untitled.jpg

Not unexpected though since they flubbed Master Chief so badly

None of these seemed worth it for the prices ThreeA asked. It's a shame that the line is discontinued, but hopefully the license will eventually go to a company that does right by it.

I don't mind that 3A has given up this line. This has been one of the most disappointing collectible lines ever. So much potential and the figures were always so close to being great, but they miss the mark. I'm not sure who could/would realistically carry the torch on this. I really just want some UNSC Marines and ODST Troopers.

Back