3A HALO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree about the price. I stopped collecting PAK a while ago when their prices started to get a little too close to 1/6 scale prices for my comfort.

$149? For a PAK? No way man.
I have their Halo 4 one, and yeah he's pretty good, but I also paid $50 bucks for him. The proportions are a little strange and stylized but that can be futzed with some posing.

When it's all said and done though the best Chief to date is the NECA 1/4 figure. There is no competition. Especially since he's ~$50 less than the PAK one you just linked.

When it's all said and done though the best Chief to date is the NECA 1/4 figure.

Neca's is the most bang for the bucks but it's not the best Chief out there, honestly.
I myself voted for Weta's but for action figure, after some modded, it maybe is.

For me it's the PAK halo2 anniversery chief, but the neca chief is a very close second and i can see why people would call it their favourite.

In my experience the PAKs can't be posed in a lot of poses without the knees looking like garbage. That mixed with their stylized proportions is enough for me to never buy another one.

And someone has to say it but the NECA 1/4 is trash. It looks like a kids toy, not a collectors item, which I suppose is reflected in the price. Maybe someone could do a custom paint job on it or something but even then, 1/4 is almost comically too big.

As much as it pains to say, the 3A with some mods is the best LOOKING one out there. It is by no means a good figure however.

And someone has to say it but the NECA 1/4 is trash. It looks like a kids toy, not a collectors item, which I suppose is reflected in the price. Maybe someone could do a custom paint job on it or something but even then, 1/4 is almost comically too big.
I wouldn't say it's trash, but I do agree with the individual points on it and I do think it's very overrated.

In my experience the PAKs can't be posed in a lot of poses without the knees looking like garbage. That mixed with their stylized proportions is enough for me to never buy another one.

As much as it pains to say, the 3A with some mods is the best LOOKING one out there. It is by no means a good figure however.

:rotfl

The NECA is most certainly not a piece of trash.

After owning both the 3A (And sending it back) and the NECA at the same time, the NECA is so much better.
Proportions are closer, articulation and pose-ability is something the 3A struggles on all levels to do.

And considering the fact the NECA is effectively half the price (In the UK anyway) It might be far from perfect, but it is certainly not a piece of trash.

XJUE7247.jpg

IMG_0205.JPG

IMG_0137.JPG

Speaking of 3A...

S__11051010.jpg
S__11051012.jpg

And yes, it's modded. Painted suit black, all joints tightened, crotch-cut, realigned shoulder pads position. Not the best but he's now one of my most favorite of all AFs.
Why 3A didn't do this from the beginning is beyond me. This thing certainly is a rough-edge (unfinished) diamond!

Attachments

• S__11051010.jpg
    S__11051010.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 169
:rotfl

The NECA is most certainly not a piece of trash.

After owning both the 3A (And sending it back) and the NECA at the same time, the NECA is so much better.
Proportions are closer, articulation and pose-ability is something the 3A struggles on all levels to do.

And considering the fact the NECA is effectively half the price (In the UK anyway) It might be far from perfect, but it is certainly not a piece of trash.

View attachment 237746

View attachment 237747

View attachment 237748

Weird, after I had both in hand to compare, I immediately took NECAs back. Your post and then the one right after pretty much show why. There's always something way off with the NECA, and its not just the fact that it looks unfinished.

But its personal preference I suppose.

Speaking of 3A...

And yes, it's modded. Painted suit black, all joints tightened, crotch-cut, realigned shoulder pads position. Not the best but he's now one of my most favorite of all AFs.
Why 3A didn't do this from the beginning is beyond me. This thing certainly is a rough-edge (unfinished) diamond!
That looks fantastic.

Anyone got a spare large shoulder armor they'd like to sell? I'm looking for one. I've asked 3A CS back in August and just received a shoulder armor but the wrong one, it's for the Recruit. Here's the shoulder armor I'm looking for ...

36c9f76d4aea4d9eb926f72a271d154e.jpg

So I decided to finally get Thorne, and boy am I glad I did. He is by far the best of the threea figures yet (I have Carter, Emile, Master Chief and Thorne). His magnets work and hold all his guns and even Chief's rail gun. Thorne can hold all the threea weapons so far with both hands. Makes me even more disappointed with chief, but oh well. I am glad to finally have gotten this one. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455007392.615810.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1455007411.887606.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1455007430.414152.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1455007451.724311.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1455007464.398580.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1455007479.187873.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1455007501.977801.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1455007522.648118.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Thorne / Recruit figures were really nice, It's a shame we haven't heard news of any new 3A Halo releases since then. A lot of reach collectors are miffed at only have 1/3 of Noble Team ;(

Back