3A HALO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that's my point. We don't know how 343 has carved out the license out of what has been explicitly said, which isn't much. It's not surprising to hear the McFarlane has the action figure sized category locked in. It's funny that NECA has just the license for 18". I wonder if they'll do anything other than Chief.

The only conclusions would be they either have the license for all games (at least reach and 4) or no other company is interested in touching halo, for now we are stuck with threea and it blows.

Thanks for posting this video. I am so glad I did not order this figure. A real shame.

I realize at this point i'm exhuming the dead horse; but AnthonysCustoms put up his review of the chief. Aside from toys210's review it seems to be the only other comprehensive review in english.

He get's really scathing towards the end; but he's right, this figure looks awful.

Got my refund from 3A including the shipping. Its one of those few times when im not happy about getting a refund, i was really excited to get a 1/6 MC :(

What do you think the chances are of getting a V2 are, since they dropped the ball big time, on this?

Almost zero, considering they still have said nothing about this nor confirmed their mistakes publicly. I'd say best chance we have of getting a V2 at this point is if they announced a 1/6 scale Halo 5 Master Chief in the next few months. I think even that chance is really slim, though. I'm hoping they're done with the line, because, even if their next Halo figures are fantastic, I'm finished with giving them my cash.

I agree, I wrestled with the decision for a long time but just cancelled my order for Thorne. He looks like it has all the same problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone on FB opened up the figure. Can see how the legs and hip works.

mcfb1.jpg

mcfb2.jpg

do you have the link for this post on facebook, I think I might consider cutomizing the figure and want to review the refernece to the breakdown of the figure?

Even after reading all the reviews I still bought one. I'd say it's not that bad and is yet another rubber-suit action figure to me.
Yes, it does have very light equipment, got all the flaws everyone here pointed out but it looks very cool in person. Perhaps the most detailed MC action figure out there so far, despite being too plump for actually wearing a suit (Others are sculpted). But then I never played with rubber-suited or leather-suited figures in my collection anyway so I'm happywith it. The true 1/6 MC for my collection at least.

Even after reading all the reviews I still bought one. I'd say it's not that bad and is yet another rubber-suit action figure to me.
Yes, it does have very light equipment, got all the flaws everyone here pointed out but it looks very cool in person. Perhaps the most detailed MC action figure out there so far, despite being too plump for actually wearing a suit (Others are sculpted). But then I never played with rubber-suited or leather-suited figures in my collection anyway so I'm happywith it. The true 1/6 MC for my collection at least.
Yes socks it's so expensive and not as good as we were hoping. I think I will still get this and customize it a bit. But otherwise it looks good and I will have him in a standing tall pose. The rubber suit can easily be tinted with black paint.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Glad you've managed to see the silver lining but I can't imagine how anyone can be happy with this, for gods sake he can't even hold a weapon in a threatening manner. And there's more inexpensive and accurate statues out there. Don't mean to offend but if people are going to give 3a money for this they're not helping us get anything done and it pains me to see people settling.
*didn't post to be malicious I just don't want someone new to the forums or not caught up with this thread to come in here and hear it has some "flaws" and get it, when the reality is it's not a quality figure AND CAN'T HOLD HIS WEAPONS). Never had a figure that couldn't hold his own accessories which is why to me this is NOT typical of any figures.

First thing first, this is NOT quality figure. But...
Most of 1/6 in my collection couldn't even pose their arms anyway since I'm more into armor figure (Takara Appleseed, Takara Panzer Cops, HT MGS3, SS Vader Ep 4, SS Fett, SS Stormy, PG Gundams, etc) and I'm kinda statue-guy so that's why happy with it. He's standing tall in my showcase right now.
I agree 3A could've improved this by given us "gripping hands", "multi-posing hands", "spreading hands", etc (like HT Iron Man). Base body should've had stronger joints, magnet at his back should be stronger, and display stand should've been included also.
I have 1/4 Neca Chief which I do small repainted and made it a statue, ArtFX+ from Kotobukiya, Play Arts, etc. But in the end? I still happy with it and it's OK if you don't. He's THE Master Chief for me. He's the most detailed MC in the market right now IMO.

S__6422530.jpg

I can't believe I missed this. How did I not notice the overwhelming crap-fest coming from this figure online (i usually do my research)? You could guess what my reaction was when mine arrived in the mail today. I was very disappointed with this figure for the reason already stated. Dumb rubber body, loose joints that snap back to default because of the rubber, weak-ass magnets, no batteries, sloppy/ inaccurate paint apps, etc. This is my first 3A buy and most likely my last. Unfortunately, I pre-ordered mine from BigBadToyStore. Extremely dumb on my part for not seeing the initial reviews after it's release and really wished I had cancelled the order. The icing on the cake is I'm in Canada so I REALLY paid a lot more than it's worth. So I'm stuck with it. I have to make the best out of a crappy situation.

I ended up tearing the rubber suit at the crotch seams that separate the legs and torso and that DID end up giving the legs a bit more mobility. Not much, but some. If anyone's made mods that totally fix the dumb leg articulation, that'd be pretty awesome. I gave the rubber suit i quick paint over to darken it and make it more of a faded black than obvious silver. I had an old Heroclix Cortana and found a pose that doesn't require holding the guns. I'm more or less satisfied with that look and will likely never move it from that. Would have much prefered getting the NECA version but I'll have to make due with this.

IMG_20150908_204315.jpg
IMG_20150908_205137.jpg

I had this on pre order with BBTS but after all the reviews i cancelled 1 week before it was in stock. Im definitely going to pick this up but only at a very low price. What a shame ive been waiting for a 1/6 chief for ever.

I can't believe I missed this. How did I not notice the overwhelming crap-fest coming from this figure online (i usually do my research)? You could guess what my reaction was when mine arrived in the mail today. I was very disappointed with this figure for the reason already stated. Dumb rubber body, loose joints that snap back to default because of the rubber, weak-ass magnets, no batteries, sloppy/ inaccurate paint apps, etc. This is my first 3A buy and most likely my last. Unfortunately, I pre-ordered mine from BigBadToyStore. Extremely dumb on my part for not seeing the initial reviews after it's release and really wished I had cancelled the order. The icing on the cake is I'm in Canada so I REALLY paid a lot more than it's worth. So I'm stuck with it. I have to make the best out of a crappy situation.

I ended up tearing the rubber suit at the crotch seams that separate the legs and torso and that DID end up giving the legs a bit more mobility. Not much, but some. If anyone's made mods that totally fix the dumb leg articulation, that'd be pretty awesome. I gave the rubber suit i quick paint over to darken it and make it more of a faded black than obvious silver. I had an old Heroclix Cortana and found a pose that doesn't require holding the guns. I'm more or less satisfied with that look and will likely never move it from that. Would have much prefered getting the NECA version but I'll have to make due with this.

View attachment 208957
View attachment 208958
Very nice. I'm in Toronto Canada as well and will be getting this locally at toys2 as I love chief way too much. I want to repaint the rubber, what kind if paint did you use?

Very nice. I'm in Toronto Canada as well and will be getting this locally at toys2 as I love chief way too much. I want to repaint the rubber, what kind if paint did you use?

Yea, I'm in the same area and frequent Toys2. I used Citadel paints which I get from Heroes World. "Abbadon Black" and a bit of water to dilute a bit.

Back