3A HALO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The silver paint rubs off the suit pretty easily. Maybe try some rubbing alcohol on Q-tip before trying to repaint it?

@AndrewK
May I ask which version of Cortana you use? I've been hunting for one that fits. Thanks.

Yea, I'm in the same area and frequent Toys2. I used Citadel paints which I get from Heroes World. "Abbadon Black" and a bit of water to dilute a bit.
Sweet! I'm still waiting for Eric to get MC in but he said 3rd week of September. Perfect thanks for the paint tip, I'll have to drop by heroes world to pick that up.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

The silver paint rubs off the suit pretty easily. Maybe try some rubbing alcohol on Q-tip before trying to repaint it?

I am new to this board and I will be receiving this figure very soon. If you do use the rubbing alcohol method on yours could you post pics of the results.
Thank you.

Hello all. This will be my first ThreeA purchase, I was going to get him no matter what it's problems because of limited true scale options. My Neca 18" is great but looked silly next to my 19" Neca Jason Vorhees. I mainly collect Hot Toys. I live in Mississauga Ontario. I have heard of Toys2 and tried a couple of times to reach the owner by calling and emailing but rarely get a reply. Does the store have any set dependable hours as I have to get a ride out there and I don't want to waste my time. Thanks in advance for responses to my inquiries.

I had totally forgotten about this until it showed up at my LCS this morning. Had ordered it through previews in January and can't cancel those orders. Sucks to read the near universal hate for it. I guess I should just throw it up on ebay or my sales section without ordering it and hope I don't lose too much money on it.

@AndrewK
May I ask which version of Cortana you use? I've been hunting for one that fits. Thanks.

I used this one here (google images "heroclix cortana") : 321873.jpg

I ended up taking her off the black plastic base and glued her to a couple metal washers which fit perfectly in Chief's palm.

Hello all. This will be my first ThreeA purchase, I was going to get him no matter what it's problems because of limited true scale options. My Neca 18" is great but looked silly next to my 19" Neca Jason Vorhees. I mainly collect Hot Toys. I live in Mississauga Ontario. I have heard of Toys2 and tried a couple of times to reach the owner by calling and emailing but rarely get a reply. Does the store have any set dependable hours as I have to get a ride out there and I don't want to waste my time. Thanks in advance for responses to my inquiries.

I can't recall set store hours (they really SHOULD post those on their website) but they're definitely open by noon. I would operate under the assumption that they're open roughly 12-6.

Ya there are set times. Call during normal business hours and Eric or Carmen should pickup
Definitely worth visiting but it is far.

I know what you mean I'm only a 1/6 scale collector. Almost all of my collection is hot toys with 2 sideshow star wars figs in the mix. It socks that other brands haven't stepped up to the plate to make a MC.

Visited Toys2 a couple of times. They really do have nice displays of many HT figures. Love their Iron Man display in the window :)

I have a shot at getting Carter and Emile for over $100 less than what they cost new. Should I take the plunge? Worried about stability/articulation, mainly.

I have a shot at getting Carter and Emile for over $100 less than what they cost new. Should I take the plunge? Worried about stability/articulation, mainly.

They're pretty stable but they can't do dynamic poses well. They don't have a huge range of motion. I like them a lot, but they could have been done much better.

BE8a8HN.jpg

Unboxing him at work. Not much to add that hasn't already been said, except that the 2-handed pose is definitely possible, but very difficult.

BE8a8HN.jpg

Unboxing him at work. Not much to add that hasn't already been said, except that the 2-handed pose is definitely possible, but very difficult.
Looks good imo while may not be the best quality or value compared to other figs bit we don't have any other options in 1/6

Back