3A HALO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's shocking they released it like this. What was with that delay prior to shipping? They even mentioned some manufacturing issues and yet when it's finally released the articulation is non existent. They clearly knew this was a problem, but obviously thought it was too hard to change it now, so they just shipped it out. Did they really think collectors were just going to put up with it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's shocking they released it like this. What was with that delay prior to shipping? They even mentioned some manufacturing issues and yet when it's finally released the articulation is non existent. They clearly knew this was a problem, but obviously thought it was too hard to change it now, so they just shipped it out. Did they really think collectors were just going to put up with it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They never explained in detail what the real reasoning behind the delays.

Well 3A didn't put up any of their HALO figures up at SDCC. Wow, might be the end for this line. Seriously pissed. No Jorge, no Elite, no nothing. **** them and their stupid business practices, they are morons.

Thank all of you. From the bottom of my heart.

I was really looking forward to finally having a 1/6 Master Chief and was really looking forward for this figure.

I just cancelled my pre-order as well.

Guess I have to keep the McFarlane one still.

I think I'll be keeping mine. We will see. Anyways, DC collectibles is the bomb with those new designer series. Cant wait for Hottoys BvS stuff

Well 3A didn't put up any of their HALO figures up at SDCC. Wow, might be the end for this line. Seriously pissed. No Jorge, no Elite, no nothing. **** them and their stupid business practices, they are morons.

No surprise there. They barely do anything with this line in the first place, so I'm just hoping they get confronted about what they did to Chief.

The most frustrating thing for me is how close this figure is to being perfect. Adding cuts in the rubber undersuit to allow hip movement, stronger magnets, better hands (that can actually hold the weapons), and stronger ankle joints are really all that would be needed (at least for my figure). These are issues that have plagued all of the releases and after every release we are told that they are working to improve the figures based on the shortcomings of the previous entry in the series.

I've been in contact with 3A about my displeasure with this figure and also the fact that one of the fingers on my figure's left hand is stuck in the open position. Other issues aside, I asked for a set of replacement hands (or even just a new left hand) but 3A's response is only that they will allow me to return the figure to them and issue a refund. I've received replacement hands for figures before with no problem, so I'm not sure why they're giving me such push-back on this one (unless they are waiting to see what the official response is going to be).

The most frustrating thing for me is how close this figure is to being perfect. Adding cuts in the rubber undersuit to allow hip movement, stronger magnets, better hands (that can actually hold the weapons), and stronger ankle joints are really all that would be needed (at least for my figure). These are issues that have plagued all of the releases and after every release we are told that they are working to improve the figures based on the shortcomings of the previous entry in the series.

I've been in contact with 3A about my displeasure with this figure and also the fact that one of the fingers on my figure's left hand is stuck in the open position. Other issues aside, I asked for a set of replacement hands (or even just a new left hand) but 3A's response is only that they will allow me to return the figure to them and issue a refund. I've received replacement hands for figures before with no problem, so I'm not sure why they're giving me such push-back on this one (unless they are waiting to see what the official response is going to be).

I'm gonna have to disagree with you. The fact that there are so many of the small issues means its far from being perfect. It just looks nice.

Apologies for bad formatting in this post, but I've just gotten notice from my apartment that the Internet will apparently be out for the weekend. Quite unacceptable, but nothing I can really do...

Anyways, 3A CS finally got back to me after my last email. Here is what they said:

"Hi Cory,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.
We deeply apologize for the mistake.
It is an isolated case, we are sorry that we cannot offer one to one exchange.
Please kindly return the item to us and we will offer full refund.
For the Facebook page issue, we believe there must be some misunderstanding.
We will contact our facebook admin first and reply to you soon.
Thanks !

Best Wishes
3A CS"

I was planning to buy the 1/6 master chief but from the comments here the figure has lots of issues I gather>?

I have to accept that the figure looks gorgeus but unfortunately, he has lots of flaws:

- It is not possible to pose him with rifles held by two hands (I can not even have him hold the rifle with one hand)
- The index finger is too thick to go through the exclusive rifle trigger hole (this is maybe the most ridiculous flaw)
- The ankle joints are too weak and the is prone to topple easily
- Rifles can not be stored on his back, the magnets are too weak (are there really any magnets installed at all?)

My oher 3A Halo Figures basically have the same issues above other than the fact that the rifles can be stored their back. They could at least hold one pose...

I have to accept that the figure looks gorgeus but unfortunately, he has lots of flaws:

- It is not possible to pose him with rifles held by two hands (I can not even have him hold the rifle with one hand)
- The index finger is too thick to go through the exclusive rifle trigger hole (this is maybe the most ridiculous flaw)
- The ankle joints are too weak and the is prone to topple easily
- Rifles can not be stored on his back, the magnets are too weak (are there really any magnets installed at all?)

My oher 3A Halo Figures basically have the same issues above other than the fact that the rifles can be stored their back. They could at least hold one pose...
I don't have any of those problems with Carter or Emile, I actually find them to be rather underrated figures. The magnets aren't super strong, but the feature works as advertised.

I just saw this posted in the Halo Collector's Facebook group:

"Talked to a 3A representative about the quality issues with master chief, he said they have a big meeting planed for this week to discuss options to correct it. They are looking into their options as to weather to retool the figure or do a replacement program. They understand that some collectors want to keep their current chief and the possibility of a discount. The status of Thorne and the Spartan recruit are unknown at this point but will most likely be delayed until they can correct the problems"

Crossing my fingers.

Hey dude, could you be so kind and pass me the link to this statement?

Im speaking with Gimbat, and this is the first time he has heard about this. He would like the link to confirm if its true or not. Please let me know asap. Thanks

Apologies for bad formatting in this post, but I've just gotten notice from my apartment that the Internet will apparently be out for the weekend. Quite unacceptable, but nothing I can really do...

Anyways, 3A CS finally got back to me after my last email. Here is what they said:

"Hi Cory,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.
We deeply apologize for the mistake.
It is an isolated case, we are sorry that we cannot offer one to one exchange.
Please kindly return the item to us and we will offer full refund.
For the Facebook page issue, we believe there must be some misunderstanding.
We will contact our facebook admin first and reply to you soon.
Thanks !

Best Wishes
3A CS"

Seems like typical ThreeA customer service, to downplay the issues.

It's so unfortunate about what happened to this figure. Aesthetically it looks great, but the lack of poseability and deteriorating rubber are just unacceptable.

If anyone can find that comment from that 3A representative, please post the link here or sent to Gimbat!

Im not sure if its **** stirring or not, just someone post it here and I'll get in touch with Gimbat again. If not, someone can post directly the info to him through the 3A forum.

Thanks in advance

If I were you, I wouldn't even waste my time. I doubt that Gimbat will be much help at all. I remember he did communicate a bit in the ThreeA forum about the problems with the MG REX figure, and helped to rectify some things - but that was only after massive complaints from MGS fans who only joined the ThreeA forums to discuss the figures. He's very much into censorship, deleting comments that aren't pro-ThreeA, and banning mass numbers of people who don't fall in line with the club mentality. Don't try criticizing ThreeA to him, or stirring ****, because it won't end well.

When it comes to ThreeA, you take what you're given - whether it's defective figures or dicey customer service.

And don't even bother with contacting their CS about anything technical, since they all use broken English and can't understand what you're saying.

I hear you guys, Im just trying to at least get that message to them. Im p1ssed off as well with their years or attitude, but all i want is a functional figure.
Ive paid for the figure so I have much right to give them crap and if I ever see them at the show, i'll be sure to give a taste of his own medicine.

And don't even bother with contacting their CS about anything technical, since they all use broken English and can't understand what you're saying.

I remember how they screwed you over with your REX figure, and returned it even more busted up than you when you sent it to them for repairs.

I hear you guys, Im just trying to at least get that message to them. Im p1ssed off as well with their years or attitude, but all i want is a functional figure.
Ive paid for the figure so I have much right to give them crap and if I ever see them at the show, i'll be sure to give a taste of his own medicine.

Try to get a replacement on your own man... I can PM you with a somewhat shady suggestion, if you're willing to hear it out :lol.

Back