3A HALO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I doubt that any other company would take on the Halo franchise a at this point. They would be pretty late to the game and the franchise is sort of becoming old and reaching its end in the next few years. I hope I'm wrong, but it looks like its 3A for highly detailed Halo "figures" or nothing.

There is no evidence to support that at all.

Halo 5 is just about to be released and Halo 4 broke franchise records for first week sales. 343i was created only like 5 years ago to handle the franchise and released a movie 3 years ago another movie last year and they have an upcoming animated series releasing this year. They have best selling novels that are released every year, an ongoing comic and a channel with new content constantly.

NECA just released a new MC figure, PAK just released their Halo 2 figure and Kotobukiya just released a new statue and has a new ArtFx line coming out in a few months. McFarlane released and awesome statue a few years ago, is releasing a new line of Halo toys and the Mega Bloks Halo line is more popular than ever.

Momentum is not slowing for Halo. And even if it was, personally, I would prefer nothing to spending $240 on a crappy figure just to have something in 1/6 scale.

Plus the fact that 3A prices are getting higher and higher with each release. Looks like you keeping yours right, doodler?

Hi Chockles,
Actually I'm in the middle of preparing the box to ship it back to Hong Kong. I was thinking if I'm to keep it, I'd like for it to poseable, so I'd probably cut up the rubber suit joints and use cloth to replace the gap just so that he's poseable...but that's a lot of work for a non-experience kit basher. I've cancelled the Recruit order also. Man, I was waiting for this figure for a while, bought the art book and everything ... but I was just bummed with the quality.

Hi Chockles,
Actually I'm in the middle of preparing the box to ship it back to Hong Kong. I was thinking if I'm to keep it, I'd like for it to poseable, so I'd probably cut up the rubber suit joints and use cloth to replace the gap just so that he's poseable...but that's a lot of work for a non-experience kit basher. I've cancelled the Recruit order also. Man, I was waiting for this figure for a while, bought the art book and everything ... but I was just bummed with the quality.

I wonder how many others are cancelling the Recruit figure. And I wonder what 3A is going to do with them all if they're stuck with them and a lot of people did cancel.

More importantly, I hope the aftermarket prices plummet for that thing so anyone who bought then just to scalp gets screwed from this and the Chief.

Hi Chockles,

Ic. Im like you and everyone as well. Waited ages for this and then this happens. Sadly I cant cancel my thorne cos i got that from a local retailer. They said I can return it if theres damage. I cant really say these figures are damaged goods or can I? Then hope they will fix it and return it back to me in a better condition??? decisions, decisions. I just want to see Ashleys reactions when someone throws a Chief at him during SDCC.

I wonder how many others are cancelling the Recruit figure. And I wonder what 3A is going to do with them all if they're stuck with them and a lot of people did cancel.

More importantly, I hope the aftermarket prices plummet for that thing so anyone who bought then just to scalp gets screwed from this and the Chief.

Yup the price dropped a lot. a Bambaland Exclusive chief with the light rifle just sold on Ebay for $162.00 + $20 shipping. so yea that is a huge loss from $240. thankfully I got mine from a retailer for like $185. (mine wasn't exclusive)

you guys see that ThreeZero Pilot figure from Titanfall? Looks badass. I wish threezero would take over the HALO line, if not then I'm afraid I'll never see an ODST figure :(

Yup the price dropped a lot. a Bambaland Exclusive chief with the light rifle just sold on Ebay for $162.00 + $20 shipping. so yea that is a huge loss from $240. thankfully I got mine from a retailer for like $185. (mine wasn't exclusive)

Damn, I'm pissed I missed out on that. I'd definitely buy one for that price.

As for 3Z taking the license, we can only wish. What I'd give to have this line explode and have a whole lot more releases with a whole lot more quality control.

I just saw that. It looks awesome and it's only $190.

Is it $190? I'm so torn on whether or not to get it on a budget of like $500 a month for figures.

If they didn't release Optimus this month I'd be set, but he took up a huge chunk. Because of that, I don't even know if I want that mass effect robot. And if I go for the Titan Pilot, I can't let myself pass up on the other releases for those 1/6 figures. Add all this to the fact that 6 Dinosauria statues are still hanging over my head and I'm so screwed.

At least Thorne freed up a couple hundred bucks since he's not going to be worth the money.

you guys see that ThreeZero Pilot figure from Titanfall? Looks badass. I wish threezero would take over the HALO line, if not then I'm afraid I'll never see an ODST figure :(

I've seen those in 1/12 scale before and they looked amazing. The fine prints and clothing was very well done at that scale. I won't be getting anything in this line but I'm sure many will be happy with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should anyone decide they want to offload their bambaland exclusives let me know. Trying to track one down for me and one for a buddy. Bummed I missed on that auction. eBay didn't take my bid in the last 5 seconds :(

Can't even get this guy to stand up straight for 24 hours. Last shelf dive he took unglued pieces of his foot armor. What a grim fate for this figure. I was considering keeping him despite the issues, but if I can't even get him to hold a museum pose, then I'm going to have to ship him back, unfortunately. I just wish they would tell us they are or are not going to retool at least some of the figure and put a V2 out. I don't think they will, but I want to know for sure.

This figure is defective and should be recalled. Here we are, waiting around for years to finally get the main character in the game and they **** it up! It's just unbelievable!
Cutting this from my wanted list now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ash, Kim, Siu, and William Wray will be in attendance Preview Night, Thursday, and Friday

From 3a's website. MASTERCHIEF TEST HIM SOMEONE

Agree guys. Ask AShley - Dont pick on Kim, since Kim is doing well with Threezero side of things. Its Ash that Master Chief has appointment with:p

I'm assuming most people working for him wouldn't tell Ash stuff he doesn't want to hear but I'm willing to bet hearing issues voiced in front of Kim might get things done (who does threezero which is fricken quality as hell)

Thats true Hotballs, Kim is also a partner in 3A, so if ppl jump on Ash, Kim would not like his name dragged with him.

Record the whole thing up and post on youtube.

haha yeah, and if Ash can do all those poses like the ones in the promo shots, I will def. keep MC and not send it back in pieces.

Back