3A - 1/6 & 1/12 Judge Dredd Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So looking forward to the Apocalypse War version. The 2000AD stuff is the one remaining 3A line of interest to me, and (touch wood) so far they've all been great.

It's really about time they picked up where they left off with the ABC Warriors..

IMG_6628.JPG
IMG_6639.JPG

It's really about time they picked up where they left off with the ABC Warriors..

Im kind of surprised it took them so long to get to Dredd. To be honest I'd be surprised if we saw any 2000AD stuff after this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd guess the thinking behind not piling straight back in with Dredd - or 1/6 - was to see if there really were a hardcore of 2000AD fans who would buy other characters, with the carrot/stick of Dredd himself in their mind.

I say "I'd guess". Because I have no real idea what drives many of 3A's decisions.

AFAIK, the return of the 2000AD line was also something of a leap of faith/labour of love on the part of one of Wood's other 3A partners/collaborators. I forget the exact details, but if I remember it right, it's not Ash himself who was pushing for this, but one of the other guys who was saying it can and must continue.

So on those grounds, I'm not convinced it's done & dusted, now that there's a 1/6 Dredd. But we'll see.

Need moar ABC godammit

I'd guess the thinking behind not piling straight back in with Dredd - or 1/6 - was to see if there really were a hardcore of 2000AD fans who would buy other characters, with the carrot/stick of Dredd himself in their mind.

I say "I'd guess". Because I have no real idea what drives many of 3A's decisions.

AFAIK, the return of the 2000AD line was also something of a leap of faith/labour of love on the part of one of Wood's other 3A partners/collaborators. I forget the exact details, but if I remember it right, it's not Ash himself who was pushing for this, but one of the other guys who was saying it can and must continue.

So on those grounds, I'm not convinced it's done & dusted, now that there's a 1/6 Dredd. But we'll see.

Need moar ABC godammit

Still hoping we see an Anderson and Death in 1/6. 3A has said, depending on sales, that his psychic sidekick would be next.

Wonder how this release is going for them. There's a lot of love from the folks who bought it, but did enough order?

I'd be interested in a 1/6 Anderson to partner Dredd. Have 3A ever done a female figure that isn't highly stylised? I don't think they have, off the top of my head. The recent Black Widow was still pretty much in that same ballpark, so a move to something a little more "realistic" could be interesting. Wonder which artist's version they'd be looking at.

There's more 2000AD in the works, it's just taking a lot longer than anticipated for schedules to line up.

Anderson's design is a blend of Bolland and Ranson. I have a preference for the short hair look. She'll match up with the Dredd really nicely.

There's more 2000AD in the works, it's just taking a lot longer than anticipated for schedules to line up.

Anderson's design is a blend of Bolland and Ranson. I have a preference for the short hair look. She'll match up with the Dredd really nicely.

is that inside info? If so, any sign of a Nemesis figure on the horizon?

That's great news! I hope she also comes in a dark blue uniform version since i'm getting Apocalypse Dredd only.

All of this is stuff I've mentioned on 2000AD's podcast and the 3A forums.

We'd love to make Nemesis, problem is he requires entirely new tooling. Too expensive to produce and the numbers just aren't there in general.

1/6th Lawmaster is a strong maybe. We're looking into various avenues to do it, but the SRP is gonna be high.

Just got mine. Absolute badass, as Dredd should be. He's definitely got a LOT more presence than my other 1/6 figures. Might have to get a stand for him though.

Quick phone shots....

a7lFFf.jpg

pkjoTQ.jpg

PYuO3o.jpg

va4rM3.jpg

Just got mine. Absolute badass, as Dredd should be. He's definitely got a LOT more presence than my other 1/6 figures. Might have to get a stand for him though.

Quick phone shots....

Agreed, great looking figure but disappointing he didn't come with a stand - for a guy with very big feet he doesn't balance very well. I've re-boxed him while I wait for my next batch of 3rd party stands to arrive, I don't want to risk him toppling in the detolf & taking a few more figs with him...

Back