3A - 1/6 & 1/12 Judge Dredd Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a proper play with 3A Dredd and takes postioning nicely from Drawing Lawgiver from Boot Holster to riding the Lawmaster.

One flaw I found is he Cannot do double hand Pistol grip with the Lawgiver. You Try this and the arm pops out of the Shoulder. On the positive side the arm Pops back Into the Shoulder too.
Some friends have said the same concerning the legs popping out of the Hips but again Pop right back. So there are some limitations on Articulation.

Was surprised with the failed double pistol grip hold as 3A figures in General have NO issues with this pose. Guess part of the new body I suppose.

With that issue addressed however Got to SAY LOVE THREEA Dredd. Was a Big Fan of Mezco Dredd and had some 3A fanboys accuse me of dissing 3A (Was NOT in hand as another delay) and being a Mezco Fanboy.
I am a DREDD Fanboy and honestly do not care for who makes a GREAT figure. As it stands In my books BOTH Mezco & 3A have many Pros & Cons with figures & Lawmasters. However 3A did Bolland style and that to me growing up reading 2000AD is how I will always perceive DREDD.

Anyway Photos. We have Dredd with my Scratchbuilt STUB GUN (interested to see 3A Apocalypse War Dredd/Lawmaster with STUB GUN) ans some firing poses.

zdreddstub7.jpgzdreddstub6.jpgzdreddstub5.jpgzdreddstub4.jpgzdreddstub3.jpgzdreddstub2.jpgzdreddstub1.jpgzdreddstub.jpg

Chalk up another point to Mezco, then.

8lsCIKq.jpg

k4s6Byo.jpg

Company wars aside, I actually like the look of the final ThreeA product more than I thought I would based on the rather lacklustre prototype they showed off. I might consider getting the blue version when it eventually releases, but then again I might just put that money towards their frankly jaw-dropping 1/6 version.

TBH I think Bar the Bulked upper Body (as 3A build wins it for me) MEZCO nailed upper body Articulation perfectly & 3A nailed Lower Body perfectly.
3A you can have Dredd draw from his Boot Holster. With Mezco as posted on their thread, you need strip Dredd and dremel work on the hips to make adjustments to get greater articulation from the hips. Then He Can draw from his Boot holster too.

Both have super Pro's and alas Con's (though what company Does Not?). For me combined the brands to increase Judicial Force. One Mezco is already being turned into GUTHRIE as I think Mezco is Perfect Body for him.Depending on 3A GIANT, maybe paint the neck on another Mezco and make my own GIANT.

Love them Both that's why I have 5 or 6 of each Brand. Though I do have 4 3A Lawmasters to 1 Mezco so that does tell you which is prefered there lol

As for the 1/6th 3A Dredd, Yeah that should be Sweet.

TBH I think Bar the Bulked upper Body (as 3A build wins it for me) MEZCO nailed upper body Articulation perfectly & 3A nailed Lower Body perfectly.
3A you can have Dredd draw from his Boot Holster. With Mezco as posted on their thread, you need strip Dredd and dremel work on the hips to make adjustments to get greater articulation from the hips. Then He Can draw from his Boot holster too.

Both have super Pro's and alas Con's (though what company Does Not?). For me combined the brands to increase Judicial Force. One Mezco is already being turned into GUTHRIE as I think Mezco is Perfect Body for him.Depending on 3A GIANT, maybe paint the neck on another Mezco and make my own GIANT.

Love them Both that's why I have 5 or 6 of each Brand. Though I do have 4 3A Lawmasters to 1 Mezco so that does tell you which is prefered there lol

As for the 1/6th 3A Dredd, Yeah that should be Sweet.

Could have sworn I posted these already, but apparently not.

ThreeA's Johnny Alpha. Looks like they're seriously upping their game on the 2000AD releases, because this might be the single best 1/12 figure I've ever seen.

DSXMttH.png

ZtCHHgY.png

IQURD0W.jpg

7x3J8T4.png

Images stolen from https://toysrevil.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/strontium-dogs-johnny-alpha-by-3a-toys.html

^ Wow - that looks amazing, absolute must-buy for me. Rogue Trooper next please!

Jonny Alpha looks great! Hope they make Wulf and Durham Red. Will be nice to have Judge Anderson to put with Dredd, and Judge Fire is a must. 3A must be having some issues with his design.

Guys in the US - have you gotten your Dredd + Bike set? My tracking still shows last updated 11/29 - origin preparing order or something. No response from CS.

526cbf5222cdd51b105ee93bc5ed9515.jpg

318b61e74a1ace6a230fa323091d14a1.jpg

f6525d61bee52d55ddf9f234606c5b99.jpg

Got my set last week and I am very pleased that I got these over the Mezco release. Figures are all amazing and the details are what I really appreciate from this release by 3A. Looking forward to the rest of the releases from this line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dredd, death, fear, and Mortis are all fantastic....just heat up the wrists before moving or changing hands....those pegs break easy

I might have missed this but were there Classic Comic versions of Fear and Mortis or just Dredd, Lawmaster and Death?

That's a strange choice of image for the Lawmaster box - and if I remember rightly that isn't Dredd, right?

Harvey Spike Rotten dressed as a Judge and set at the Battalion of Booths Mech Inf to help Dredd & Tweak get the vaccine to Mega City TWO.

It is different for boxed art BUT it is an awesome piece of art still.

Well, if this doesn't show up that would suck. My tracking (ordered from bambaland directly) has said this for over a month:

Destination Country - Tracking Consuming: 1176 ms
2016-11-29 17:20
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment, We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece.
2016-11-29 17:20
CHINA, GUANGZHOU EMS, Processed Through Facility
2016-11-28 21:35
CHINA, Acceptance
Origin Country - Tracking Consuming: 397 ms
2016-11-28 22:37
广州市, 海关放行
2016-11-28 22:36
广州市, 送交海关
2016-11-28 21:35
广州市, 广州市邮政速递物流公司国际业务分公司已收件(揽投员姓名:伍智永,联系电话:)

I for one cannot wait for the Blue variant (Apocalypse War) Dredd and Lawmaster. I've really wanted a blue variation scheme to Dredd and the Disco Mezco doesn't cut it and the Dark Blue Mezco is jacked up since the helmet was left Black. The photos I've seen show a perfect blue that 3A choose.

6e52cca41a40295336887fd442e5d19c.jpg

Yup, I usually refrain from getting a color variation for a figure but the 3A 1/12 Blue Dredd will be hard to pass up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back