3A - 1/6 & 1/12 Judge Dredd Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my Black suit regular version on Judge Dredd today.

[emoji44] I will first start by saying I’ve never been a huge fan of ThreeA. With that said this Dredd is without a doubt IMHO the best most faithful representation of any comic figure ever made in 1/6 scale. It is freaking perfect. All the gear, weathering, changeable portrait, weapons, and accessories....are perfect. Paint apps are tight and zero slop. I’m at a lost. The only issue was the magnet on the badge needed to be re-glued. 2 seconds later it was perfect. Usually I get a piece and I think I need to do this or that....there is nothing to do but pose him. Also on that note there isn’t a pose you can put him in that he doesn’t look like a complete bad ass.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180319/b90a72c80f0bca531d1d379be0e1c43e.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally agree. I've never been a 3A fan but Dredd is hands down the most comic accurate 1/6 I've ever seen. I have the Apocalypse War version and you will love it. I also have an Art Figures movie Dredd but mine is in black. He looks kinda cool in blue though. Nice shots.

I got the blue Apocalypse Version yesterday before work and I’m again just stunned. Only got to spend about 30-45 minutes with him before I had to leave. Love the color. The Cursed Earth parka is very well made and does make for a great look. I have both of the Art Figures Dredds in Blue and Black and the VTS Anderson. Really like them all...but these ThreeA figures are just drop dead gorgeous. Made me go ahead and order the 1/12 Dredd and the Lawmaster bike.

I got the blue Apocalypse Version yesterday before work and I’m again just stunned. Only got to spend about 30-45 minutes with him before I had to leave. Love the color. The Cursed Earth parka is very well made and does make for a great look. I have both of the Art Figures Dredds in Blue and Black and the VTS Anderson. Really like them all...but these ThreeA figures are just drop dead gorgeous. Made me go ahead and order the 1/12 Dredd and the Lawmaster bike.

Yeah 3A seriously win me over with this Dredd. I have an old WWRp Armstrong that's really nice but outside of that line I never cared all that much for their other figures. My LCS has their Ultron and it's total crap. Weak joints, cheap materials etc so I was a little apprehensive about ordering Dredd; but he looked so damn good. So happy they didn't cut corners.
I have the Mezco Dredd and Lawmaster (black) and while not as iconic as the 3A bike it still rocks. I highly recommend it. The 3A Lawmaster looks a bit small to me. If 3A were to make Lawmasters for the 1/6 I'd be all over it! I've been thinking about getting that Anderson. I just wish the head sculpt looked more like Thrilby. Would love to see a group shot of your Dredd stuff if you get a chance. Sounds like a great collection!

Would love to see a group shot of your Dredd stuff if you get a chance. Sounds like a great collection!

I’ll do some shots this week. I have the Mezco figures and love them...I just never got their version of the Lawmaster because I always kinda dug the classic look. I did some reviews of the Mezco figures on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/G-gq0J7MSWk

https://youtu.be/WSkATdpBivw

cae47cb49310d74706a8e00a1e354fa4.jpg

Great pic! This could be a comic cover for a dimensional Dredd crossover. :clap

I realize these aren’t ThreeA so if this isn’t allowed please delete. Wasn’t meaning to go off topic.

Had a little fun with my Dredds yesterday. All my Art Figures Dredds got a body swap to CooModels Standard Body. Why?? I’m not a huge fan of Art Figures bodies. Most of mine right out of the box brand new had loose joints (which has gotten worst over time)and lack of real ankle pivot (the side to side is minimal for a wide stance) on a large scale figure like this seems like a body structure mistake. CooModels has become my favorite go to replacement body. They are dense and built well and I have yet to have a single one have an issue nor have I ever broke one single wrist peg.

cc6c2473628ee497c4722297d12fb891.jpg

68776cb3df94a9229c669485e9279138.jpg
b48d8655a7462a5ffc8426ccd538fd82.jpg

I also have been putting it off for over a year or so, but finally modded my original Dredd. Since I recently picked up the Blue Limited Edition one for $100 (did they really only make 300??) I figured I’d mod both at the same time. Hence they both got body swaps - Original Dredd had some extras added to his belt, cuffs and an extra Gas Canister Grenade. Then I added the extra gold to the pads or both figures. Did the black wash on both belt buckles and the pads especially for the blue one - the gold on him was so bright it almost glowed. Finally added the dark green to original Dredds elbow and knee pads as well as the toes on the boots. Really love how it changed the look of the figure to be more movie accurate.

Here are some before....
a1c87edaf1d551fa421d401cc2071e6b.jpg
d569e54887ff5296ce1286c7af728782.jpg

And after....
773d57c48635ca46359eb2aa22b00e6b.jpg
fbf009d5820e3bc1a0f2ab46598a1b8e.jpg

Ended up grabbing another 3A Apocalypse Dredd tonight. Wasn’t going to but seller had a brand new one for $175 with free shipping...eBay has sent me a 15% Off Coupon code to use on any item as a Spring Black Friday sale so I used it on him.....in the end I got him for $148.71 with free shipping. That figure for under $150 shipped?? I just couldn’t resist. Considering it’s one of the finest comic book figures I’ve ever seen I’m sure they will do nothing but appreciate in value. Heck look how much the Art Figure Dredd goes for now.
cdde474487346bc66ef242e45bddff31.jpg

Re: 3A - 1/6 & 1/12 Judge Dredd Figures

I realize these aren’t ThreeA so if this isn’t allowed please delete. Wasn’t meaning to go off topic.

Had a little fun with my Dredds yesterday. All my Art Figures Dredds got a body swap to CooModels Standard Body. Why?? I’m not a huge fan of Art Figures bodies. Most of mine right out of the box brand new had loose joints (which has gotten worst over time)and lack of real ankle pivot (the side to side is minimal for a wide stance) on a large scale figure like this seems like a body structure mistake. CooModels has become my favorite go to replacement body. They are dense and built well and I have yet to have a single one have an issue nor have I ever broke one single wrist peg.

cc6c2473628ee497c4722297d12fb891.jpg

68776cb3df94a9229c669485e9279138.jpg
b48d8655a7462a5ffc8426ccd538fd82.jpg

I also have been putting it off for over a year or so, but finally modded my original Dredd. Since I recently picked up the Blue Limited Edition one for $100 (did they really only make 300??) I figured I’d mod both at the same time. Hence they both got body swaps - Original Dredd had some extras added to his belt, cuffs and an extra Gas Canister Grenade. Then I added the extra gold to the pads or both figures. Did the black wash on both belt buckles and the pads especially for the blue one - the gold on him was so bright it almost glowed. Finally added the dark green to original Dredds elbow and knee pads as well as the toes on the boots. Really love how it changed the look of the figure to be more movie accurate.

Here are some before....
a1c87edaf1d551fa421d401cc2071e6b.jpg
d569e54887ff5296ce1286c7af728782.jpg

And after....
773d57c48635ca46359eb2aa22b00e6b.jpg
fbf009d5820e3bc1a0f2ab46598a1b8e.jpg

I like those mods on the black Dredd! I've considered doing them myself but I'm far too lazy. I did add a few items to his belt though. Zip cuffs and a daystick holder. I really hate those bendy flipper hands so I bought a night stick to keep his free hand busy. He really looks better holding something. I didn't know they only made 100 of those blue Dredds.

I didn't know they only made 100 of those blue Dredds.

I think it’s 300. It’s a great figure basically the same as the Black with the hair piece that I’ll never use. Seeing Judge Dredd’s face is just wrong....yeah I’m talking to you Sly. LOL! I want to add green to the boots and gloves and belt and make him straight up Comic Version/Movie Version.

Also the second Apocalypse Dredd I got that coming I’m going to paint the knee and elbow pads Yellow to match Dredd #1 from 1983. One of my all time favorite comic covers.
30bbf33ac216751b79f6e39fc2aedca8.jpg

I think it’s 300. It’s a great figure basically the same as the Black with the hair piece that I’ll never use. Seeing Judge Dredd’s face is just wrong....yeah I’m talking to you Sly. LOL! I want to add green to the boots and gloves and belt and make him straight up Comic Version/Movie Version.

Also the second Apocalypse Dredd I got that coming I’m going to paint the knee and elbow pads Yellow to match Dredd #1 from 1983. One of my all time favorite comic covers.
30bbf33ac216751b79f6e39fc2aedca8.jpg

I never noticed the pads were yellow on that cover... I've had my eyes peeled for ages (probably since I first got the Aty Figures Dtedd a few years ago) trying to kitbash the mutie from that cover. I never come across the right parts.

Proof that the only think weak about Dredd 3-D was Karl Urban's jaw.

LOL your right. Loved his version thought he was perfect for the role. Really hope he reprises the role for Mega-City 1. I know there are talks but that’s a long time until it’s supposedly released in 2020...or later. I don’t even think at this point they have a network. Fingers crossed for Netflix.

My personal favorite lines from the movie.....

Judge Dredd: Wait.

Judge Lex: "Wait?" Are you kidding me? Did you just say, "Wait"? Judge Dredd - THEEEE Judge Dredd - finally gets on the wrong end of a gun and all he says is, "Wait." You know what? I expected more from you. I mean, wait for what? Wait for me to change my mind? Wait for another two or three seconds of life because you are so f+^*#%g weak you can't stand to see it end?

Judge Dredd: No.

[Anderson shoots Lex from behind]

Judge Dredd: Wait for her to shoot you.

37e9d12f34cd79e5c3bb8c7860e7078e.jpg

LOL your right. Loved his version thought he was perfect for the role. Really hope he reprises the role for Mega-City 1. I know there are talks but that’s a long time until it’s supposedly released in 2020...or later. I don’t even think at this point they have a network. Fingers crossed for Netflix.

My personal favorite lines from the movie.....

Judge Dredd: Wait.

Judge Lex: "Wait?" Are you kidding me? Did you just say, "Wait"? Judge Dredd - THEEEE Judge Dredd - finally gets on the wrong end of a gun and all he says is, "Wait." You know what? I expected more from you. I mean, wait for what? Wait for me to change my mind? Wait for another two or three seconds of life because you are so f+^*#%g weak you can't stand to see it end?

Judge Dredd: No.

[Anderson shoots Lex from behind]

Judge Dredd: Wait for her to shoot you.

37e9d12f34cd79e5c3bb8c7860e7078e.jpg

I thought Lex had a great Dredd-like jaw. The scene when he talks about Mega City One being a ****ing meat grinder I think it really looks like Comic Dredd.

I agree there are scenes Lex looks more like Dredd then Dredd....

28e4301ddf12928923e03a00a442391a.jpg

I’d be open to even a good actor with prosthetics to look like...

9315a49c0508a1cb4373ffbff8af59ef.jpg

Or

9d2778ab8001ffda54d2233eebda7587.jpg

Let’s just hope Mega-City 1 isn’t in development so long that this kid could play him....

e2755d7e1bfacaccc89c01b12d820268.jpg

Got my $99 Heavy Cop V2 - was Brand New still had the seal on it from Man of Action Figures out of Florida. Right out of the box again the Art Figures Body was Floppy and had a broken wrist peg. Did a body swap with a Hot Toys Deadshot body. Added longer ankle pegs to make Alvrrez taller then the other figures on the shelf. No I did notice something. Does anyone else own this Figure? Have you notice the boots flaking??? My original Dredd is perfect not issues (other then the body swap) and the Blue Version has no issues. But this Version 2 right out of the box has the pleather on the boots flaking. I think I can stop it from getting worst but a bit disappointing for a new figure right out of the box.
Anyway some quick phone pics....

99627ee51279a3dbdfb0140df1ccaa9d.jpg
fb618557669ba4482f9cc60e6c12bbe9.jpg

Alvarez lookin' good! Got to hunt him down. My two black Dredds are still ok but the pleather on my blue one cracks when touched (like HT John Connor's jacket)
and a big tear at the right sleeves above the elastic band, most likely because it was under stress in an arms-bent-gun-pointed-up pose...

I have the same issue with the belt and also the jump suit has some paint weathering that does come off with some water but i haven't notice anyone posting pics showing that.

Back