30 pound Sauron has shipped

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: re

I used that coupon back on Jan 21st 2004 when I bought my 2 ML's, 2 Sauron's, and 1 Baby Balrog. Both my extras went to King Elros at retail to help him out. SO I saved a few bucks like you did plus the protection of SS.

those who are hoping to get it cheaper on ebay later, the risk is on that if it arrives with broken parts, then it's difficult to get it changed. unless it's possible to claim from insurance, which i'm not sure about.

i would have thought it being so huge, it will be in a box by itself. there isnt a need to repack it, so i've no idea where does the extra weight come from. the box must be real huge!!!

maybe it's similar to how the sdcc luke is packed. stuffed with baseball caps, bands, catalogs... etc :poke

yeah.. unfortunately... I got mine from ebay (and it CERTAINLY wasn't because it would be cheaper.. i'm being RAPED over this thing).. and its coming from Taiwan... so I'm really nervous about it coming damaged.

I cant wait to get this!!! Yea I'd be pretty nervous also esp with coming from Taiwan thats a long way in the mail system. Its going air I hope?

yes Vik.. its going Air. At least I'm under the impression it is. As I've said a couple times here on the boards, Sauron was one of the first things I bought when I got into this whole thing last december. Before I even found the board. I had no idea what I was doing and figured that I had hit the jackpot when I found an available Sauron on ebay for $400 +... yeah... not so much. But seeing as how I payed half immediately.. i'm kinda stuck. And honestly, if it comes in one piece (well.. six.. but you know what I meand) I won't mind. I just want it here. Found my pedestal today so I'm happy!

Cool. Totally understand, Im hoping they give him the same kind of packaging that the Luke 1/4 had with the foam and all.

I just hope when he comes there is money in the CC after the hammering its copped over the last month......

I keep feeding in the money and it keeps comming out.... lol

It will be the centre piece of the display im building though

Michael

I got mine from the waitlist in July, so it will probably be one of the last ones to ship. Maybe I'll get number 9500. :lol

Not for me, not yet anyway

I ordered mine on 2/27/04, and haven't received any sort of notice yet from Sideshow, so maybe that means I'm not getting mine in this wave. That's just fine with me, funds are tight right now.

Re: !!

I used the HMBOOK or whatever too, but as I said, Shelob was in the same order....I'm going to have to find my Shelob invoice to see if I got the discount on her or not.....if I didn't, and I get Sauron for $250, then I'll keep my order with SS :banana

Dam was hoping for a email when I got up today and nothing

Gawd here we go again with Josh panicing!! :rolleyes :sleep

Remember the Morgul Lord panic button thread…………:eek :lol :lol
He will come...................

Re: .

I ordered mine from Sideshow the second he was available for sale! I even used a coupon! The good days. :)

They really should ship them in the order they were placed.

Re: .

I am surpised that some dealers are getting their shipments before people who ordered direct from SS.

Yea I'd be pretty nervous also esp with coming from Taiwan thats a long way in the mail system. Its going air I hope?

THen you must have paid a bomb for the shipping!! is it worth it??:dunno :dunno

Saurons worth it but that much time changing hands would worry the hell out of me.

Then you must have paid a bomb for the shipping!! is it worth it??

It depends, overseas shipping is never cheap, but it's still ok compared to via courier/ems. Overseas members here knows just how much Fedex charges for our ssw items, rather high!

If only ss passed on the discount to customers but then it wouldn't make business sense for them :p

I've been preauthed so I should be getting a shipping notice soon or the big guy:banana

Back