3.75" Collecting Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t collect Hasbro stuff but I’m interested to see if prices on eBay for this Razor Crest drop like a rock over the next couple months as more people get theirs in, I could be tempted to pick one up for the right price. Have just seen so many comments everywhere online from people saying they bought multiples to sell that I’m curious how saturated the market actually becomes in the short term. There doesn’t look to be that many listed at the moment, and most still are listed as pre-orders.
I honestly don't know if it'll go the same as the Sentinel, but that was going for $800+ pre-release and now it's about $5-600 on eBay.

I really wish I had the room for some of these playsets . The Jabba's Palace (w/Han in carbonite), Jabba's throne room and Nevarro Cantina would make an awesome display.

A lot of folks, I imagine. The dais is repurposed from the 2010 Shadows of the Dark Side Jabba set with Oola, so anyone that has that is in very good shape.

Happy to have that set and to be able to fully retire the POTF2 paper playset.

I think it’s more likely they might release just Jabba and Jabba specific accessories as a separate set to accompany this playset.

I don’t think prices are going to drop like a rock. If it’s not going to sell for a good profit, those people can wait.

Impatient people or people that need to make their money back now will sell for a bit less. But anyone that really saw it as an investment will hold off for more.

There’s also going to be a lot of pent up demand from people who missed out who have been waiting till now for a chance to pick it up. They’ve already resigned to paying the market prices for it so these probably aren’t going to be sitting around for too long, aside from the exorbitantly priced ones.

There’s also no guarantee there’s going to be that many available. People can talk all they want but they may not have followed through on what they were saying.
Well my idea of dropping like a rock would be dipping down into the $500-600 range, but you are very possibly correct. However, my experience in the past of buying smaller scale, limited run figures on eBay (like Mezco exclusives or NECA SDCC exclusives) tells me that those sellers are often in for a quick flip of a product and that usually there is quite a drop in eBay prices within the first couple months of everyone getting it in hand, before eventually climbing back up in the long term. Didn’t this sell 3x the numbers of the sail barge? So I have no reason to doubt those who claim they bought multiples to sell, and again generally speaking I find smaller scale collectors to want to flip stuff as soon as possible to recoup their costs instead of holding onto stuff for investments. All that said, even like $500 would be more than I personally would want to pay for it since it’s not at all in my usual collecting focus besides being a Star Wars thing, but I am just curious what will happen with it.

I could see that, possibly another set like the Rancor set the current Jabba sculpt was initially released with.

As was mentioned, the throne is the same as the Walmart exclusive one, which I have the Rancor Pit Jabba sitting on in my display now, so Jabba works with this and 90% of this set covers what a Jabba display would need, not much to justify a second release, especially with this one coming late 2023.

Interestingly, I’ve now seen confirmation that the dais is actually new and one inch wider.

As it’s new, I guess it makes sense as to why the other parts weren’t also recycled as some folks have said they should’ve.

But yeah, I fully agree there’s nothing to justify another release when this release is already more of a risk than Hasbro has been willing to take in the last several years. Especially on something for 3.75” scale.

Interestingly, I’ve now seen confirmation that the dais is actually new and one inch wider.

As it’s new, I guess it makes sense as to why the other parts weren’t also recycled as some folks have said they should’ve.

But yeah, I fully agree there’s nothing to justify another release when this release is already more of a risk than Hasbro has been willing to take in the last several years. Especially on something for 3.75” scale.

Wow pushing two year wait for a Hasbro playset. Hasbro Star Wars has been one fail after another for awhile now but I will admit this playset does look nice. Too bad the show absolutely sucked but I see their marketing wisely focused on The Mandalorian outtake scene. I'm impressed and surprised that it's not just a throne on top of a cardboard dais in front of a cardboard backdrop. Even comes with the barbecue. I'm actually thinking about it.

Wow pushing two year wait for a Hasbro playset. Hasbro Star Wars has been one fail after another for awhile now but I will admit this playset does look nice. Too bad the show absolutely sucked but I see their marketing wisely focused on The Mandalorian outtake scene. I'm impressed and surprised that it's not just a throne on top of a cardboard dais in front of a cardboard backdrop. Even comes with the barbecue. I'm actually thinking about it.

Sorry to hear you did not enjoy the show at all, but it’s good that this does work very well as the ROTJ throne room as well. Excellent for folks who have Jabba and his accessories, though I do think those are coming separately as well.

I am also impressed that they made something new this substantial that’s not a HasLab crowdfunding campaign.

It is a long wait, but at least you have plenty of time to think about it. You could always just get an order in and cancel if you decide against it.

If this could only work for BOBF, I doubt it would get made, there’s a reason Bib’s throne can come off the dais and make it like Jabba’s. The only main thing missing for Jabba is the railing and hookah, which they’ve been including since the 2004 Ultra figure.

I fully expect a 40th anniversary of RotJ Jabba and additions next year. The core of the set is all there. Mando/Boba are hot right now so marketing the set with those tie-ins makes sense. Release Jabba, his railing, Crumb, and a few more odds and ends and people will be happy enough. Sure you have two things to get what you want but at least they’ll make them available.

I fully expect this to be a sleeper hit. Once the other announcement start coming in, this will be much more of a must-have. 18 months way is a lot of time to announce add ons before these even start shipping.

I'm bummed that it doesn't come with the kitchen droids so hopefully they get released in a separate multipack later, lol.

I agree that making it Mando specific out of the box will give it broader appeal but I assume that that's just a happy accident since they were probably developing this long before BOBF came out.

I see people speculating that this was originally planned to be a Haslab release (hence the insane amount of accessories that very well could have been several tiers of unlockables) but after the Rancor fiasco they decided to just make it a Hasbro Pulse exclusive for general release to see if that ends up being a better business model for them. Seems like a pretty valid theory.

I'm bummed that it doesn't come with the kitchen droids so hopefully they get released in a separate multipack later, lol.

I agree that making it Mando specific out of the box will give it broader appeal but I assume that that's just a happy accident since they were probably developing this long before BOBF came out.

I see people speculating that this was originally planned to be a Haslab release (hence the insane amount of accessories that very well could have been several tiers of unlockables) but after the Rancor fiasco they decided to just make it a Hasbro Pulse exclusive for general release to see if that ends up being a better business model for them. Seems like a pretty valid theory.

Yeah making it a Haslab crowd fund would have brought a lot more scrutiny and I'm sure they were a bit demoralized after the public beating the Rancor took. After the crazy success of the Razor Crest they set the Rancor goals at delusional levels. I'm happy to see this playset as a retail item. I'm hoping they regroup and make a massive(and expensive) TVC Sandcrawler for the next Haslab. First stretch goal is a huge Krayt Dragon skull!

The Krayt Dragon might be a better choice for the next TVC Haslab. I mean that or another Rancor, although I don’t feel we’d need a Haslab or either version at this point.

The Krayt Dragon might be a better choice for the next TVC Haslab. I mean that or another Rancor, although I don’t feel we’d need a Haslab or either version at this point.

For Haslab projects I would prefer they stick to vehicles and mostly TVC. But I would love a huge black series Red Five X-Wing.

Well my idea of dropping like a rock would be dipping down into the $500-600 range, but you are very possibly correct. However, my experience in the past of buying smaller scale, limited run figures on eBay (like Mezco exclusives or NECA SDCC exclusives) tells me that those sellers are often in for a quick flip of a product and that usually there is quite a drop in eBay prices within the first couple months of everyone getting it in hand, before eventually climbing back up in the long term. Didn’t this sell 3x the numbers of the sail barge? So I have no reason to doubt those who claim they bought multiples to sell, and again generally speaking I find smaller scale collectors to want to flip stuff as soon as possible to recoup their costs instead of holding onto stuff for investments. All that said, even like $500 would be more than I personally would want to pay for it since it’s not at all in my usual collecting focus besides being a Star Wars thing, but I am just curious what will happen with it.
Imagine someone expecting to buy this for less than $500. Good luck. The chance came and went during the backing period.

Wut? Don't know if serious.
About which part?

The Krayt dragon would almost certainly have to be a Haslab to be anywhere close to large enough to even feel right in Hasbro scale like the BMF, Barge or Razor Crest. Not true scales but big enough to work.

As for the rancors, with the palace set coming out Jabba’s or Boba’s Rancor will sell very well so I think they could bypass a Haslab route there and just make it. Either retail, fan channels, or even Pulse exclusive like the palace ought to work well enough.

Razor Crest landed yesterday :rock
Got “Your Haslab Order Has Left The Building!” email today 🤨
68DBFACE-1536-4792-9CA7-987A91AC2F19.jpeg

Imagine someone expecting to buy this for less than $500. Good luck. The chance came and went during the backing period.
I’m not expecting anything. I would have ordered it when it was up for preorder if I really wanted it. At the end of the day it’s still just a Hasbro toy ship.

Back