3.75" Collecting Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saved up my TVC purchases from this year and finally opening them tonight. Was going to save The Mando stuff for the Razor Crest arrival but didn’t want to wait any longer. Also opened up a fresh case of some TBS Stormtroopers too!

View attachment 553611

I bought a ton of Jawas to go with the Razor Crest and all the other Mando figures too. Mine are still waiting for the Crest to arrive. They said January for shipping for the Crest so hopefully get notices any day now. Still super annoying that it's several months late, absolutely should not happen if Hasbro is going to crowdfund and charge up front:mad:

I bought a ton of Jawas to go with the Razor Crest and all the other Mando figures too. Mine are still waiting for the Crest to arrive. They said January for shipping for the Crest so hopefully get notices any day now. Still super annoying that it's several months late, absolutely should not happen if Hasbro is going to crowdfund and charge up front:mad:
Yup. Fall 2021 and now it is going on 4 months of being late with $400 up front. Definitely frustrating. I don’t even understand why a company as big as Hasbro requires full payment, should just have a NRD. I couldn’t imagine being forced to be pay in full up front for a Hot Toy.

This wait is nothing for the Crest. Tell the collectors who bought a Legend Biker Scout helmet from efx about waiting for something paid for upfront.

Somebody has it already. I'm a little concerned the silver paint might have lost some of it's metallic look but it could just be the pictures.

Looks pretty good to me. You are right about the loss of metallic but I hope it is just the lighting. Was the interior blue in the ship? I can’t remember. Always was somewhat dark so I assumed it was black.

haslab-2020-razor-crest-painted-cockpit-FI.jpg

TVC-Razor-Crest-In-Hand-Loose-2.jpg

Going by those pictures and the box art photshoot they realy F'dup the interior color.
I know on the prototype images it said "product may vary in final production", yet that bright turquoises/teal interior? :lol

Last edited:
I'm also noticing the guns mounted to the sides of the cockpit are oddly blue in color as well. On the proto they are a darker gunmetal color. The yellow striping looks off as well. WTF is this, Haslab retaliation for the Rancor?

TVC-Razorcrest 4__scaled_600.jpg

STAR-WARS-THE-VINTAGE-COLLECTION-RAZOR-CREST-Fully-Decoed-Model-18.jpg

Last edited:
How did they get it this early anyways? Could this be a early proto? Might explain the color difference.

How did they get it this early anyways? Could this be a early proto? Might explain the color difference.

I hope it's something like that but it's really weird. They showed the box/packaging too. It would be tough for Haslab to justify those changes when the colors of those guns on the outside are clearly gunmetal on the box. That is called bait and switch.

I dunno, maybe the 80’s just conditioned me to accept it but I remember plenty of toys where the promo images in catalogues and on the backs of packages would be entirely different colors than the actual product. For example, the ‘89 Toybiz batcave was often shown with pieces molded in red or gray plastic when on the actual toy they were blue plastic.

I don’t see how this is any different. Especially when the photo you posted even has the fine print right on it; “paint model shown. Product may vary in final production”

I dunno, maybe the 80’s just conditioned me to accept it but I remember plenty of toys where the promo images in catalogues and on the backs of packages would be entirely different colors than the actual product. For example, the ‘89 Toybiz batcave was often shown with pieces molded in red or gray plastic when on the actual toy they were blue plastic.

I don’t see how this is any different. Especially when the photo you posted even has the fine print right on it; “paint model shown. Product may vary in final production”

Times have changed and toys are far more accurate nowadays. But one major difference is that this was a near $400 item, and it is a crowdfunded project that required payment up front. Expectations are going to be higher than usual on something like this.

Found the new wave of vintage at target today with Bib Fortuna, Bo-Katan and Kruil. Picked them all up. Got big pimp Lando's buddy Lobot in this wave too.

Back