3.75" Collecting Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We need to get the word out on the "Tico Challenge."
Encourage people to take pics of their carded Rose Tico in the most bizarre/exotic locations possible and then post them online. It could be bigger than planking, lol.

Im game, but my Tico is loose lol

Would it be called Rosing or Ticoing? Completely hilarious. Watch in 20 years Rose being the most expensive figure from Last Jedi.

Using this figure (the JarJar Binks of the ST) like this is funny, but isn't it also sending the wrong message to Disney and Hasbro if you go around buying all these figures up... kind of like saying "Please, Sir. Can I have some more?"

We need to get the word out on the "Tico Challenge."
Encourage people to take pics of their carded Rose Tico in the most bizarre/exotic locations possible and then post them online. It could be bigger than planking, lol.

They could become the new "sneakers hanging from the power lines.":lol

061681CF-B89D-40CB-AA07-040DD4326E7F.jpg

They went a bit over the top with the faux wear on the cards. I've got 40 year old original cards that look a lot newer than those. Not saying they should have done them pristine, but they could have made it look a bit more nice.

Retro collection Tarkin is out there. Happy hunting

37d7636ad8bff0c8f131d5676568c58d.jpg

What's clever about the figure is they closely mimicked the body sculpt of the Kenner Imperial Commander. Though I don't think Kenner ever did a "head swap" type figure (other than astromechs or the Snaggletooth reissue,) they did occasionally reuse limbs/parts etc like on the ROTJ Han Trench and POTF Han Carbonite, so it's possible they mihgt have reused the Imp Commdr body for a 1984-era Tarkin.

Looking forward to seeing what other figures they do in the retro line. Like others have said though, the feux weathering annoys me.

Yeah I guess they did it to differentiate the cards further to keep vintage collectors happy (and the figs are also supposedly slightly different scale than the genuine vintage figs) but the obvious solution would have been to do what everyone really wants: characters that Kenner "should" have done in the 70's/80's but didn't.

Rather than again reissuing replicas of the most-obvious Kenner figs (which they reissued in the 1990s) of Luke, Chewy, Vader etc. Not sure how far this line is supposed to go (maybe just these current figs?,) but there are so many characters that never got the Kenner treatment that would have been fun to see Hasbro do.

Hasbro obviously saw the Reaction Retro figs and decided to do their own but missed the whole point of those figs - the fantasy of "what if they'd done ___ as a 3 3/4" figure back in the day."

My main concern was the obnoxious red sticker. I can live with the faux weathering as a way of calling out that these are new versions, especially since they're only on the edges and all but disappear when put in a star or acrylic case as shown above.

It'll be interesting to see where they go from here but I read on another site that these are a bit of a cross-promotion with Toy Story 4 which will have these same particular Kenner SW figures in it and that it really won't go much further than what we've already seen.

SNOWSPEEDER1.jpg
SNOWSPEEDER2.jpg
SNOWSPEEDER3.jpg
SNOWSPEEDER4.jpg

Apologies if this shouldn't be in here but as it's a conversion of a 3.75 vessel I thought it might be worth showing. After picking up a cheap airbrush and customising my SSC Boushh a little I decided to try something I'd be looking at for a while. 2010 Hasbro Vintage Collection Snowspeeder conversion. Obviously not quite up to the level of a Master Replicas but not too shabby I hope. Just needs some finishing around the harpoon gun and some final weathering on the grey strips as well as the orange decal detailing. Maybe make some kind of mount with clear acrylic rod to display it above a white snow base.

Looks awesome, Robianco. :clap

Cheers! :)

In other 3.75 news though I've been able to pre-order the Escape game with the Tarkin figure so I have now thankfully secured the first 7 figures. I just hope it remains as straightforward to pick future waves up.

Man, why do I have a feeling those retro figures are going to be impossible to get?

I came across a peg full of Target Exclusive TVC Han Stormtrooper figures at yesterday, but street date is 5-12 and they wouldnt sell them or hold them for me :(

View attachment 452079
View attachment 452080
View attachment 452081
View attachment 452082

Apologies if this shouldn't be in here but as it's a conversion of a 3.75 vessel I thought it might be worth showing. After picking up a cheap airbrush and customising my SSC Boushh a little I decided to try something I'd be looking at for a while. 2010 Hasbro Vintage Collection Snowspeeder conversion. Obviously not quite up to the level of a Master Replicas but not too shabby I hope. Just needs some finishing around the harpoon gun and some final weathering on the grey strips as well as the orange decal detailing. Maybe make some kind of mount with clear acrylic rod to display it above a white snow base.

Incredible work man!!

Back