3.75" Collecting Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the Sail barge it says premium deco...does that mean hull of ship will be painted like it looked in movie... we’re not getting that grey plastic for hull. Hope it’s painted sandy brown and shows weathering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes it will be painted, they said they’re working with the Lucasfilm archives to make a completely accurate paint job.

For the Sail barge it says premium deco...does that mean hull of ship will be painted like it looked in movie... we’re not getting that grey plastic for hull. Hope it’s painted sandy brown and shows weathering.

Yes, it will be painted the correct color. That gray is just the unpainted prototype.

I bet if they actually completed a full prototype it would go a long way in securing more preorders. Just build one and then take a video of it from multiple angles once with vintage Kenner figures and then again with modern figures. I could see collectors really going nuts. I have a hard time wrapping my head around this thing being four feet long.

I bet if they actually completed a full prototype it would go a long way in securing more preorders. Just build one and then take a video of it from multiple angles once with vintage Kenner figures and then again with modern figures. I could see collectors really going nuts. I have a hard time wrapping my head around this thing being four feet long.

Yeah, I was thinking the Vintage Collection box would have really helped. The less stuff people have to read in the fine print that would make them want to drop $500 down the better.

The Hasbro paint apps got more and more realistic through the 2000's. Some of their later vehicles did have a model-like deco. Interested to see how far they go with this one. Can't imagine the barge is a hugely difficult paint app to nail though - no red X-wing stripes, heavy damage (like landspeeder) or obvious weathered areas like rocket exhausts etc.

I worked with a guy once who was one of the construction foremen on the sail barge build - great to hear his stories about how they did all the curves.

Yeah, I was thinking the Vintage Collection box would have really helped. The less stuff people have to read in the fine print that would make them want to drop $500 down the better.

Yeah, the vintage style box would be a huge plus for this. I still have a hard time believing this is going to ship in one 4' long piece. Why wouldnt they break it in the middle so the box is better proportioned - and stronger? And Hasbro always did an amazing job of consolidating vehicles for packaging (the Republic Gunship was amazingly tightly boxed)

A 4'+ box is just asking for trouble in terms of condition and may impact resale value - very expensive to ship by an individual. No resale, so I guess everyone will just have to be buried with it... or in it.:dunno

Yeah, the vintage style box would be a huge plus for this. I still have a hard time believing this is going to ship in one 4' long piece. Why wouldnt they break it in the middle so the box is better proportioned - and stronger? And Hasbro always did an amazing job of consolidating vehicles for packaging (the Republic Gunship was amazingly tightly boxed)

A 4'+ box is just asking for trouble in terms of condition and may impact resale value - very expensive to ship by an individual. No resale, so I guess everyone will just have to be buried with it... or in it.:dunno

Yeah, some people are getting multiples thinking they can flip the others, but that seems like a huge hassle--no pun intended.

The crazy part too is that the dimensions of the actual barge (and so I assume the box) mean that international shipping becomes really problematic. It's too large for USPS international (108" girth) and it's basically right on the edge of FedEx's limit (130" girth).

I've been looking into the possibility of helping out international collectors but the dimensions are making international shipping near impossible without some sort of corporate account. I did an estimate with Hasbro's actual barge and got a UPS quote of $772 for New York to London. And that's basically the smallest/cheapest it could be.

So they're letting US customers order as many as they want?

Yeah, apparently it's 5 max per order, but I think you can maybe do multiple orders. People are hoping that someone like Entertainment Earth or BBTS get in on the action to resell, but it's hard to imagine it would be that easy since they would need a mark-up.

Yeah, some people are getting multiples thinking they can flip the others, but that seems like a huge hassle--no pun intended.

The crazy part too is that the dimensions of the actual barge (and so I assume the box) mean that international shipping becomes really problematic. It's too large for USPS international (108" girth) and it's basically right on the edge of FedEx's limit (130" girth).

I've been looking into the possibility of helping out international collectors but the dimensions are making international shipping near impossible without some sort of corporate account. I did an estimate with Hasbro's actual barge and got a UPS quote of $772 for New York to London. And that's basically the smallest/cheapest it could be.

Look who just weighed in on this on Twitter:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Why is the United States Post Office, which is losing many billions of dollars a year, while charging Hasbro so little to deliver their barge packages, making Hasbro richer and the Post Office dumber and poorer? Should be charging MUCH MORE!

Hopefully this barge is out earlier before this comes to pass.:horror:monkey3

Is it safe to say over 50% of this design is “Creative License”? So many places on that barge the camera never went. Like that dead “Hammerhead”, but that wasn’t in ROTJ right?? I only ask because even now in my 40’s I love noticing background things I never noticed before. Ever count how many R2 Units in ESB Hoth?? Damn their so many!!

Anyways I would be more interested in Jabba’s Throne and Cantina

That shipping.... I just hope we don't end up subsidizing the shipping to foreign buyers if it it open to international buyers.

You guys calculating shipping seem to assume the ship’s hull will be one big, fully assembled piece in the box. My guess is it’ll be in a far less assembled state to allow for packing into a smaller (though likely still very large) box so that it’s doesnt exceed the max allowed shipping dimensions.

You guys calculating shipping seem to assume the ship’s hull will be one big, fully assembled piece in the box. My guess is it’ll be in a far less assembled state to allow for packing into a smaller (though likely still very large) box so that it’s doesnt exceed the max allowed shipping dimensions.

Hasbro has said that the hull is fully assembled. Not assuming anything, just going by what they've said themselves. The sails I'm sure are not attached. The point is it's near impossible to plan to ship something until we know what the box is going to be like, but we won't know that for a year. Makes it harder to try to plan to help out international collectors when the deadline is in April to get over 5,000.

"Is assembly required? The main hull will come fully assembled. A few components require assembly including the sails, cannons, fins and additional parts based on the provided instructions."

Is it safe to say over 50% of this design is “Creative License”? So many places on that barge the camera never went. Like that dead “Hammerhead”, but that wasn’t in ROTJ right?? I only ask because even now in my 40’s I love noticing background things I never noticed before. Ever count how many R2 Units in ESB Hoth?? Damn their so many!!

Anyways I would be more interested in Jabba’s Throne and Cantina

Yeah, I was saying earlier I'd rather they had not done stuff like the cockpit, cell and kitchen and saved $100+ on the price. Maybe that's not how it works, but you'd think all that unnecessary detail had to cost something. If this was $300-350 minus all that "creative license" stuff I would have been happier. Hell, ship it in a brown shipper and save another $25.

Just seems they kinda went all-in with a ton of unnecessary bells and whistles, which is an odd choice given the number of backers needed and the price necessary to deliver all that.

The vintage collection box is definitely part of the appeal for many. But not showing it at the time of solicitation is a head scratcher.

Just put in my order by the way. Don't know where on earth I'll put this thing, but I wanted to support this to see what future endeavors they do (assuming this even makes the 5,000)

The vintage collection box is definitely part of the appeal for many. But not showing it at the time of solicitation is a head scratcher.

Just put in my order by the way. Don't know where on earth I'll put this thing, but I wanted to support this to see what future endeavors they do (assuming this even makes the 5,000)

Agreed, its probably going to help drive sales up with many wanting a display and one mint in the vintage style box. Even at $500, they're going to have to hope for a lot of nostalgia selling and as small as the box art may seem to be in this process, it'll be the hook for many. Haslab needs to get those box pics up and drive home the fence sitters.

Back