3.75" Collecting Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice!! Does BB do a decent job of properly protecting the packages in transit? I see Amazon is matching that price. Anyone have a recommendation as to which company will have better packing?

Not sure on BB's packaging, I've never had anything shipped from them. But I imagine they're not too collector friendly to be honest. I'm betting you could do an in store pickup from them though. I got my tank through Amazon and it came pretty well packed, but they can be hit and miss with that honestly.

Nice!! Does BB do a decent job of properly protecting the packages in transit? I see Amazon is matching that price. Anyone have a recommendation as to which company will have better packing?

Just got these in a few days ago from Amazon.

IMG_5007.jpg

This is why B@M mustn't die for carded collectors.

Just got these in a few days ago from Amazon.

View attachment 436438

This is why B@M mustn't die for carded collectors.

Man that's rough! But to be expected from Amazon unfortunately.. I don't think I've ever had a carded figure show up from them in decent shape. They do ok with boxed items usually, but not so much with the carded figures.

I’m a MOC collector and I just can’t but anything online that I want to keep in packaging. Oh and I never but NECA 7” online. Could not handle receiving my figure with one eye facing right and the other left!

Man that's rough! But to be expected from Amazon unfortunately.. I don't think I've ever had a carded figure show up from them in decent shape. They do ok with boxed items usually, but not so much with the carded figures.

Well if they are going to do that perhaps they should sell them as the damaged goods they are and offer a discount. Luckily those are openers but i can imagine a lot of returns.

I don’t care what the product is, you shouldn’t ever be bending, folding, or crushing it to fit inside a shipping container that is too small for it. Even if the actual item is undamaged, the package is part of what you are paying for. I hate how online stores like amazon don’t understand that. You wouldn’t bend a kindle box in half to fit in a tiny puffalope! I don’t think something should receive less care because it’s a toy or anything of lesser value than a 4K TV.

Well if they are going to do that perhaps they should sell them as the damaged goods they are and offer a discount. Luckily those are openers but i can imagine a lot of returns.

What's funny about that is that Amazon does actually sell items with scuffed packaging as damaged goods, and they actually seem to arrive in better shape than the "undamaged" ones :lol

The $10 Jedha pack I ordered from Dorkside arrived alive and in perfect hibernation. Absolutely pristine, they padded the box as if this was a $300 Hot Toys figure. I'll *definitely* be ordering from them again.

ro.jpg

I decided to skip rolling the dice with BB or Amazon on the Imperial Assault Tank and went with Walmart's price of $37 instead. I ordered a Kessel Run Falcon from them and it arrived in perfect shape so we'll see if that trend continues.

The $10 Jedha pack I ordered from Dorkside arrived alive and in perfect hibernation. Absolutely pristine, they padded the box as if this was a $300 Hot Toys figure. I'll *definitely* be ordering from them again.

View attachment 436692

I decided to skip rolling the dice with BB or Amazon on the Imperial Assault Tank and went with Walmart's price of $37 instead. I ordered a Kessel Run Falcon from them and it arrived in perfect shape so we'll see if that trend continues.

Nice! Good to know Walmart does a decent packing job.

FYI for anyone looking - Amazon has the Solo Falcon for $30. The ship is horribly undersized like most vehicles are nowadays, but still pretty cool to have and completes my Solo collection :)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...0b-20&linkId=793caa98922abab60cf308802b814570

Nice! Good to know Walmart does a decent packing job.

FYI for anyone looking - Amazon has the Solo Falcon for $30. The ship is horribly undersized like most vehicles are nowadays, but still pretty cool to have and completes my Solo collection :)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...0b-20&linkId=793caa98922abab60cf308802b814570

Ha, I just ordered a second KR Falcon from www.target.com at that price, we'll see which one arrives in better shape. :D

Even though I already purchased one when it was marked down to $59 I just couldn't pass up another one at $29.99. Once these are gone they're gone. And I know that there's a large segment of modern collectors that want their vehicles to be huge but this current Falcon might be my favorite toy version yet. Yes it's small (only can fit one figure in the cockpit) but that's because the cockpit is more in scale with the rest of the ship to give it a more appealing visual aesthetic compared to most Falcon toys that make the cockpit too big compared to the rest of the ship. And the lights, sounds, and self break away panels turning it from one version of the ship to another are insanely cool IMO.

Almost every SW vehicle ever made is "under-sized" compared to those on-screen (even the BMF and Legacy AT-AT) but I actually like that the Kessel Run Falcon more closely matches the size of the Kenner one from 1979. Plus the fact that both the vintage Falcon and the new KR version were designed by Mark Boudreaux gives them a satisfying symmetry, despite the 39 year difference.

Anyway, that's my take on it, I'll be happy to own two so that I have the choice of keeping one sealed or opening both and displaying a pristine Lando version and a post-Kessel Han version. :D

Ha, I just ordered a second KR Falcon from www.target.com at that price, we'll see which one arrives in better shape. :D

Even though I already purchased one when it was marked down to $59 I just couldn't pass up another one at $29.99. Once these are gone they're gone. And I know that there's a large segment of modern collectors that want their vehicles to be huge but this current Falcon might be my favorite toy version yet. Yes it's small (only can fit one figure in the cockpit) but that's because the cockpit is more in scale with the rest of the ship to give it a more appealing visual aesthetic compared to most Falcon toys that make the cockpit too big compared to the rest of the ship. And the lights, sounds, and self break away panels turning it from one version of the ship to another are insanely cool IMO.

Almost every SW vehicle ever made is "under-sized" compared to those on-screen (even the BMF and Legacy AT-AT) but I actually like that the Kessel Run Falcon more closely matches the size of the Kenner one from 1979. Plus the fact that both the vintage Falcon and the new KR version were designed by Mark Boudreaux gives them a satisfying symmetry, despite the 39 year difference.

Anyway, that's my take on it, I'll be happy to own two so that I have the choice of keeping one sealed or opening both and displaying a pristine Lando version and a post-Kessel Han version. :D

Yeah - totally agree with you on the cockpit thing - it's nice to have a falcon that actually has close to correct dimensions for our 3 3/4" figures. It would take up a small room to have a truly correct scale falcon for our figures anyway.

It's Millennium Falcon week for me. I have a custom painted KR falcon on the way from an ebay auction that should be showing up today, so I'm nabbing a second $30 one to keep stock. And I won a Legacy Falcon on ebay last week for an amazing price, that should be showing up on Wednesday. Pretty stoked, been wanting that one for a very long time!

It's Millennium Falcon week for me. I have a custom painted KR falcon on the way from an ebay auction that should be showing up today, so I'm nabbing a second $30 one to keep stock. And I won a Legacy Falcon on ebay last week for an amazing price, that should be showing up on Wednesday. Pretty stoked, been wanting that one for a very long time!

Nice!! :rock

FYI...I’m selling a GOLD AFA 85+ vintage Jedi Knight Luke Loose. PM if anyone is interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Random question.... are the 3.75” figures from 1995 to about 2003 worth anything any more? I collected probably every POTF2 figure, red and green cards from when the Special Editions were announced through the prequels. Vehicles and 12 inch figures too. The problem is I think most people did the same. Would it be worth cataloging and offering them for sale?

Some are a bit more scarce but most are still readily available. If you have some of the variants or lower produced figure you might be able to make some money. Most collectors are looking for the vintage collection or newer waves that didn't have the characters on steroids.

Random question.... are the 3.75” figures from 1995 to about 2003 worth anything any more? I collected probably every POTF2 figure, red and green cards from when the Special Editions were announced through the prequels. Vehicles and 12 inch figures too. The problem is I think most people did the same. Would it be worth cataloging and offering them for sale?

Unfortunately like Punisher1974 said, there’s a very few that might go for like 20 bucks or so, but most just arent worth the time.

I came across a big collection of those earlier in the year, and after researching completed listings on ebay, I ended up just opening them with my daughter and let her keep em.

Back