3.75" Collecting Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was considering returning to the vintage line until I saw these at my local WALMART $17.95 CAN! No thank you!! High prices from 3.75" to 12" have skyrocketed so high collecting is just not fun anymore!! View attachment 406529

Yeah I found them one day and got Kylo, would have got the trooper too but he was gone. Was shocked it was $18 when I got to the cash. I got it but man, I can't see myself getting too many of these for that price.

The 2018 3.75" line-up is very disappointing ...

I really hope Hasbro rewards the backers of the barge by releasing quite a few barge-related characters on TVC cardbacks over the next year or two. Otherwise it will just be a slap in the face for 3.75 collectors.

Nope. Nothing new on that front. Hopefully, they are either testing water with several potential (r)etailers or figuring out a way to reach worldwide collectors directly.

They have to. After the massive success of Haslab they'd be stupid not to release it worldwide.

Saw two full cases ok the new vintage collection on the pegs at a local GameStop yesterday. So keep your eyes peeled there too guys

I'm sure this thread will be updated as soon as Hasbro announce something. I know i'll post in here as soon as i get confirmation i can secure one for the collection.

TVC Hovertank is up at Dorksidetoys. $79.99 with no figures included. :thud:

https://www.dorksidetoys.com/Star-Wars-S2-Vintage-Collection-Rogue-One-Imperial-p/e0215as00.htm

E0215AS00-2.jpg

I dunno, a lot of these decisions for characters and prices have been crazy. I wouldn't be surprised if this line died again shortly after the Sail Barge ships.

Also,

https://yakfaceforums.com/main/2018/04/30/walmart-exclusive-tvc-rey-island-journey-hits-ebay/

VINTAGE_UPCS_rey_walmart.jpg

The bubbles are huge on these. Just saw the Hoth Rebel - bubble almost seems to be twice the size of the vintage figure.

But they really made good use of the bubble for the rebel trooper, including both the ground cannon and the scanner device he’s using in the picture beside him.

Wow. The tank should’ve came with 2 figures: a pilot/driver and the Sergeant but not even one?? What a turn off

Hovertank looks awesome!

...but nowhere near 80 bucks awesome. Come on now Hasbro, really?? Kinda killing the point of collecting cheaper little figures if they're just going to become expensive little figures lol.

Just started looking thru this thread. Man I have a ton of 3.75" figures from all the prequels and other lines that came out during that era. I really should look at offloading. Just really hate dealing with ebay.

Adding to the high prices of this new vintage line ($17.95 CAN) the figures themselves look like crap. So its hard to justify spending $20 when the toy company puts what looks like a $5 toy in the package. I recently saw the new SOLO line of 6” Han , Lando DS trooper and I was blown away at how awesome they looks compared to the existing line of 6” figure. They really stepped it to a point where the 6” captured my interest. Do this with your 3.75 and sell me on paying $20 on a figure

Id be willing to bet dollars to donuts this has been discussed before but here goes anyway: Just got the Sail Barge booklet and it’s pretty good. The only thing is it shows, at least by my estimation, the barge is still only half the size it should be? If we say the line is for all intents and purposes, a 4” line. That makes it 1/18th scale = .055555555...ok, .056 scale. Multiply that by the length indicated on the Lucusfilm blueprints in the book of the stage built barge, 139’ = 7.7’

How did they end up with 4’?!? :ohbfrank:

What am I missing here?

It’s Hasbro scale. Large enough to look good but not actually to scale. Pretty much all of their vehicles use the same strategy.

Back