3.75" Collecting Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fully painted Barge pics and videos are up at Star Wars.com

"Today, StarWars.com is excited to reveal the first photos of Hasbro’s fully-painted prototype of Jabba’s Sail Barge. The attention to detail is truly stunning — from the weathered browns on the facade to the aged chrome piping that lines walls inside the vessel — requiring more than 200 hours and 50 paint colors."

I can't imagine they are going to put this much effort into painting the production version.

hasbro-jabbas-sail-barge-01.jpg

hasbro-jabbas-sail-barge-06.jpg

hasbro-jabbas-sail-barge-05.jpg

hasbro-jabbas-sail-barge-04.jpg

hasbro-jabbas-sail-barge-10.jpg

hasbro-jabbas-sail-barge-09.jpg

More at the website, I'm too lazy to continue...

That's really cool.

I was going to wait until the last day, but man, I couldn't hold back any longer. These photos got me too excited - it will crush me if this doesn't reach 5,000! I realized there may be a lot of people who were thinking like me - I'll wait til the end, and if it looks like it will make it, I'll bite. But that's a flawed way of thinking. There may be a hundred or more people thinking the same thing, and we'd essentially be killing the project because we were all waiting on one another to pull the trigger. So, it is done! I did it!

It looks amazing.

But yeah it begs the question - why didn't they just wait until they could show these painted pics, THEN open up the funding page? Just show a finished-looking item with vintage box art, getting people way more excited than an unpainted proto and figs.

If they had done that, how much closer to 5,000 would it be by now?:dunno

i don't collect this scale, so i am unwilling to put my money where my mouth is, but that thing... is gorgeous. What an incredible piece. Never would've thought a big toy brand would be capable and/or willing, but the result is really something to behold. Congrats to anyone who put down the moolah.

So what is a $500 piece look like? HASLAB brought the “serious" at Toyfair introducing this new line. But how do they sell us this “serious”? 3D renderings and a unpainted model. So there is a huge grey area as to what this final look of this Barge will look like yet they are asking us for $500 commitment!!

If HL was serious they would have presented the audience with a fully painted complete proto type so those interested had a idea of the difference in quality between what we know of Hasbro Playsets and this new entity they call “HasLab”.

I guess Hasbro read my post on March 19th!!!

All the skiff crew TVC releases in 2019 will be awkward if the Sail Barge doesn't happen.

I loved my Star Wars 3.75” collecting days. It was a childhood dream come true when Hasbro released figures like:

Kabe and Mufak
Bo Shek
Garindan
Wuher
Lak Sivrak
Cantina Alien (Cinema Scene)
Feltipern Trevagg
Dannik Jerriko
Myo
J’Quille
Amanaman
Ephant Mon
Hermie

Etc…

These were the glory days of 3.75 collecting. I need to go…..there’s something in my eye!!! Jermaine pass me a tissue!!!

55c794600bd3360cff5f777985b01c32--tv-quotes-movie-quotes.jpg

The Box will be unveiled next! We're going to reach the finish line

"I can feel it."
- Princess Leia

Looks great. I’m sure some backers will order a second to just try and help make it happen. Hope it gets closer quick though.

Now backers will also receive the new Yakface figure on an exclusive haslab POTF card if this goes through.

s11-u5-img-yakface.jpg

The-Office-the-office-4178381-350-197.gif

The coin calls him a bounty hunter.....everyone was a bounty hunter at one time it seems.

When I was young any tool I picked up I was a bounty hunter:

Grass Trimer – Bounty Hunter
Power Washer Handle – Bounty Hunter
Backpack with a tennis racket shoved in – Bounty Hunter

Is there any new development from recent Hasbro communication? Living overseas, i'm more inclined to use My US to create a valid US address and pay with my Paypal account or Credit Card rather than going with Dark Side Toys. Yet, it seems Hasbro are blocking all account holders located outside the US or Canada. Any member around able to shed some llight on that issue or share similar experience living abroad trying to secure a Barge?

Is there any new development from recent Hasbro communication? Living overseas, i'm more inclined to use My US to create a valid US address and pay with my Paypal account or Credit Card rather than going with Dark Side Toys. Yet, it seems Hasbro are blocking all account holders located outside the US or Canada. Any member around able to shed some llight on that issue or share similar experience living abroad trying to secure a Barge?

Wait, what? So even the My US thing isn't an option now?

edit - ah just noticed you're on Rebelscum aswell.

Last edited:
Yep. It seems having a delivery address in the US would not be enough. You'd need a billing address associated to your CC to order from Haslab. Yet, a fellow french collector got in touch with Hasbro customer service where they did not deny the availability to overseas buyers as long as they could deiver to a US based address.

Anyway, an interview posted moments ago seem to confirm Hasbro will make limited quantities available to the collectors outside the US and Canada if it gets 5000 backers by April 3rd.

https://www.venganzamedia.com/Gazette/2018/03/22/hasbro-qa-haslab-sail-barge-and-yakface-update/

Yep. It seems having a delivery address in the US would not be enough. You'd need a billing address associated to your CC to order from Haslab. Yet, a fellow french collector got in touch with Hasbro customer service where they did not deny the availability to overseas buyers as long as they could deiver to a US based address.

Anyway, an interview posted moments ago seem to confirm Hasbro will make limited quantities available to the collectors outside the US and Canada if it gets 5000 backers by April 3rd.

https://www.venganzamedia.com/Gazette/2018/03/22/hasbro-qa-haslab-sail-barge-and-yakface-update/

"limited quantities":lol

So few SW collectors outside the U.S. aka. the rest of the world.

Back