3.75" Collecting Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It comes with both radar dishes. Does the branding really matter?

I'll elaborate on why it is such a stupid thing to do, especially for Hasbro(i understand Disney is probably desperate to promote their poorly received theme park). My understanding is that the cost will be $400. The demographic for something that expensive from TVC is mostly 35+ dudes that had the toys as kids. Most of those fans have a varying degree of dislike toward the ST(and by extension Galaxy's Edge) and prefer vintage OT branding. Why would you want something so off-putting all over the box? For me it instantly goes from a strong "maybe" to a definite "no".

That really only applies if you're collecting it for the packaging - if any of those fans never got the BMF they'd be nuts to pass on it now just because of the association with Galaxy's Edge. If the price + shipping costs + customs puts them off then fair enough but don't pass on it because of some silly need to smite the Disney ST.

BMF being reissued with an improved paintjob

Oh wow not only a proper ST Falcon (to replace the terrible undersized TFA Falcon with the big cannon in the middle) but one that also doubles as an OT BMF reissue? Niiiiice. The definitive 3.75 inch Falcon.

Come on now Hasbro, give us a TROS Lando so that we can display it with any screen accurate pilot we want from ANH all the way to TROS.

LOL I got that same ship for $90 at Walmart back in 2008.

$400 ****ing dollars. That’s $100 less than the ALL NEW big ass Sail Barge. No idea what they’re thinking. I remember scoffing at the $250 price tag on the Vintage Collection Star Wars throwback packaged one but this one makes that one look like a bargain.

Tooling isn’t even new. Same vehicle from 2008. They sell their crap like they’re high end collectibles now. It’s a mass produced kid’s toy from 2008. They’re insane.

EDIT:

Also read the description. It’s not just the box and radar dish that make it Galaxy’s Edge/Sequel era, the electronics and sounds feature it too.

Not that it would change the ridiculous price, but if I were them, I would have branded it Empire Strikes Back for the 40th Anniversary.

75A1DCBB-E1C5-47E8-B418-6E4DB4C217BE.jpeg

Hasbro is retarded.

Tooling isn’t even new. Same vehicle from 2008.

That's a huge selling point for me because it was Mark Boudreaux's crowning achievement as the one who designed every single 3.75 inch Falcon from 1978 to Solo.

markfalcon.jpg

A new Falcon from anyone else would feel wrong to me at this point so I'm very glad that the Legacy Falcon will now have a home in both OT and ST displays.

I am so ****ing pissed I missed the random PO of that ship. I have the Legacy one I got at Walmart for a steep discount, but I need this one too. I collect the Falcon's :lol

I meant from a manufacturing/cost perspective, not the fact that Boudreaux designed them all. Hasbro didn’t have to make an all new ship with all new tooling this time. They save a ton of money by going back and putting an older figure/vehicle/playset back into production.

They used to do that all the time back in the day. “Star Wars” version, “Empire” version, “Jedi” version, “Clones” version, “Sith” version and the price never quadrupled at 400%. Sometimes, like in the case of the vehicles from the 90s and 2000s the price would go down. The SAGA Imperial Shuttle was much less than the FAO Schwartz one. Those Republic Gunships got better and better with each release and I think at one point, it was less expensive than the original one that came out in 2002.

Their $90 Tie Fighter’s (with shoddy spring wings), $100 X-Wings (literally the 8th or 9th retool of the original FX 1998 X-Wing), $150 Slave I and $400 Falcon are highway robbery.

I am so ****ing pissed I missed the random PO of that ship. I have the Legacy one I got at Walmart for a steep discount, but I need this one too. I collect the Falcon's :lol

I think it might hit retail. Might get your chance then.

I meant from a manufacturing/cost perspective, not the fact that Boudreaux designed them all. Hasbro didn?t have to make an all new ship with all new tooling this time. They save a ton of money by going back and putting an older figure/vehicle/playset back into production.

They used to do that all the time back in the day. ?Star Wars? version, ?Empire? version, ?Jedi? version, ?Clones? version, ?Sith? version and the price never quadrupled at 400%. Sometimes, like in the case of the vehicles from the 90s and 2000s the price would go down. The SAGA Imperial Shuttle was much less than the FAO Schwartz one. Those Republic Gunships got better and better with each release and I think at one point, it was less expensive than the original one that came out in 2002.

Their $90 Tie Fighter?s (with shoddy spring wings), $100 X-Wings (literally the 8th or 9th retool of the original FX 1998 X-Wing), $150 Slave I and $400 Falcon are highway robbery.

Oh if you were just speaking to cost then yes, I agree that the quadruple inflation price hike is lame.

Now that you mention the OT era reissues it would be cool if they simply rebadged the original 1978 Falcon with TFA, TLJ, and TROS packaging just for the fun of having the same Falcon mold from 1978 to 2019/20.

I meant from a manufacturing/cost perspective, not the fact that Boudreaux designed them all. Hasbro didn?t have to make an all new ship with all new tooling this time. They save a ton of money by going back and putting an older figure/vehicle/playset back into production.

They used to do that all the time back in the day. ?Star Wars? version, ?Empire? version, ?Jedi? version, ?Clones? version, ?Sith? version and the price never quadrupled at 400%. Sometimes, like in the case of the vehicles from the 90s and 2000s the price would go down. The SAGA Imperial Shuttle was much less than the FAO Schwartz one. Those Republic Gunships got better and better with each release and I think at one point, it was less expensive than the original one that came out in 2002.

Their $90 Tie Fighter?s (with shoddy spring wings), $100 X-Wings (literally the 8th or 9th retool of the original FX 1998 X-Wing), $150 Slave I and $400 Falcon are highway robbery.

Geek movie collecting became a wealthy person sport everyone else GTFO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More falcon PO's will be going up on Targets website tomorrow. No time announced. Will be like 6am... And gone by 6:01am :lol

Just be happy Mafex ain?t making a 3.75 Falcon it would be $1,000 and take 2 years to go from Hong Kong to California.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Managed to PO a Falcon. :yess: My 4th one. Vintage, POTF, Legacy, and TVC!

Somehow it is still up after 10 minutes... nice that they made them available for more people.

Back