$2K LSF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cannot fathom these prices. Not even for a line I love deeply, like Buffy. If they made an LSF Buffy, she could be no more expensive then $1000 and I would ask for an entire year to pay for her. :lol

The LSF or 1:2 scale line will only be purchase to a limited audience. Its not necessary the cost of them that detracts people but the amount of space it takes.

a figure of speech Fuzzy. They can probably sell 1000s but it wouldn't necessary be for people who buys other statues on a regular basis. IMO, this is like a one off thing.

Yeah I can see some people doing that for sure. If they keep the ES open for a few years or so it could be pretty huge eventually.

I'm not dropping over 2.5k to get one of these in Australia Sideshow. Make the cloth covered body parts out of quality plastic and get the price down.

I'm not dropping over 2.5k to get one of these in Australia Sideshow. Make the cloth covered body parts out of quality plastic and get the price down.

You think they are not doing that already? What do you think polystone is?? Besides, I am sure it wll be some sort of fiberglass...

...Again, NOT worth that price.

Come on, you and I both know that there is a big difference between plastics and polystone in the reference he is making. If not why did people make such a huge deal over the Boba Fett PF?

I don't know anything about the Boba fett PF because I hardly ever read the SW threads. I just think it is safe to say that these LSF will have much less "quality polystone" than let's say....The Hulk PF. and I find hilarious that they are pretending to charge 5-6 times its price.

I don't know anything about the Boba fett PF because I hardly ever read the SW threads. I just think it is safe to say that these LSF will have much less "quality polystone" than let's say....The Hulk PF. and I find hilarious that they are pretending to charge 5-6 times its price.

The Hulk PF is solid. Looking at SSC website on the Maul, I'm surprise the hulk weighs 15 lbs more then Maul.

That is a great example Mike.
Whatever they are made out of, it makes it difficult to justify the $2.5k (for me) price on what is essentially a quality 1:2 outfit (and on some pieces a fairly large light up feature) covering everything except the head, hands and feet.
I have the Boba Fett PF and I felt duped - it was basically a Barbie Doll for $300. If polystone is the basis for the price premium we are paying for PF's that is fine. I have the 1:2 Iron Man and felt OK with paying $2.5k for it because it was admittedly very hollow but still polystone. If these LSB's were like the Boba Fett PF I would be OK with it, but would like to know it is mostly plastic before I get it delivered and would like the price to match the "cheaper" material.

I noticed the weight too, it weighs nearly the same as the Skaar PF.
Where is the value in the $1630 difference?
Sideshows margin on these must be ridiculous :thud:

That is a great example Mike.
Whatever they are made out of, it makes it difficult to justify the $2.5k (for me) price on what is essentially a quality 1:2 outfit (and on some pieces a fairly large light up feature) covering everything except the head, hands and feet.
I have the Boba Fett PF and I felt duped - it was basically a Barbie Doll for $300. If polystone is the basis for the price premium we are paying for PF's that is fine. I have the 1:2 Iron Man and felt OK with paying $2.5k for it because it was admittedly very hollow but still polystone. If these LSB's were like the Boba Fett PF I would be OK with it, but would like to know it is mostly plastic before I get it delivered and would like the price to match the "cheaper" material.

You have the new LSF Iron Man ?

The last PF offered is less "quality polystone" than The Hulk PF, that is a horrible example, the days of solid PF have long gone. The weight isn't even a good barometer because these are much bigger.

But that it isn't the true weight, just like all the new life-sized busts are mostly listed as 30 lbs.

I have now 7 1:2 scale statues
I tell you the custom statues as nice as they are they lack in the superb quality and workmanship of the Sideshow versions.

The factory produced LS statues are a higher caliber and will be worth the price. They also come with full box and styro packaging

Trust me when I say with base, they are heavy enough
Not fun trying to move them around :thud:

Back