28 Weeks Later - Early footage

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw it, not as good as the first, but a passable zombie movie. I think running zombies are a lot more threatening than shambling ones.

But this director takes scary/shaky camera to a new low - can't bloody tell what's happening in ANY of the action scenes - it was more annoying than suspenseful or scary.

Darklord Dave said:
Saw it, not as good as the first, but a passable zombie movie. I think running zombies are a lot more threatening than shambling ones.

But this director takes scary/shaky camera to a new low - can't bloody tell what's happening in ANY of the action scenes - it was more annoying than suspenseful or scary.

Pretty much sumed up the camera work for me. Plus, there were quite a few plotholes.

When the dad survied the bombing, someone in the theater lightly yelled out "Bullsh*t", heh, agreed with that too..

Some plotholes....yeah. Some shaky camera work....yeah. Having said that I LOVED the movie as did Ms. Ryanfromindiana who is a big horror fan as well. I really, really liked the first one too though and thought it stayed pretty true to the originals vision. I also felt like it had some legitimately scary moments which is very rare for horror movies these days. The last horror movie that had me that edgey was The Descent last year.

As sequels go it was pretty good (not as good as the first but came close). I liked that it stuck with the same visual style of the original in many instances. Though I will agree with many here about the shakey cam (it got a bit much at times). It's strange though but I found some of the direction and cinematography beautiful at times which seems so weird to say since this was a horror film. There were some plot issues though...

-Why was no one watching the infected mom? Locking up a survivor in an ice cream truck when everyone is so concerned about the virus seems dumb but then again we wouldn't have had a furthering of plot without stupidity.

-Why did the military doctor have the kids lead the way through the subway? Yet another stupid plot device.

-How is daddy able to find his kids so many times?

Of course this was a horror film and they are always chalk full of stupid human behavior or error.

Darklord Dave said:

free dramamine for all that attend. i HATE shaky camera angles with very few exceptions. saw children of men the other day. what a stinker, however the scene where clive owen was running from place to hiding place during the military attacks was pretty awesome. you actually had the feel that you were in a combat. it lasted pretty long too. the only great part of a crap movie. definitely no shaun of the dead. :lol

The Descent did shaky cam right, as did the more newsreel style of Children of Men (which is a great pic by the way - one of the best from last year).

The kids led the way in the subway because the doc had the nightvision scope. They wouldn't have been able to follow her if she had led the way.

Ryanfromindiana said:
I also felt like it had some legitimately scary moments which is very rare for horror movies these days.
I agree. We really enjoyed this flick and I did not mind the shakes one bit. It worked for me- adding to the chaos.

There were some "beautiful" shots in it. Loved seeing Dad kinda "walk by" in the subway. Gave me the creeps!

Definitely one of the best horror films I've seen in a while.

(I was half expecting for Flynn to be yelling "Walt!" :lol )

The Descent had some shaky cam...the footage I guess was supposed to be on their camcorder when it did. I really dug that movie, but also went into it with absolutely no expectations.

Darklord Dave said:
The Descent did shaky cam right, as did the more newsreel style of Children of Men (which is a great pic by the way - one of the best from last year).

The kids led the way in the subway because the doc had the nightvision scope. They wouldn't have been able to follow her if she had led the way.

There was an easy way for the kids to follow behind.....grab each other's clothing and create a human train. :D

I thought this was better then the first, I really enjoyed this movie.
The soundtrack was great, some moments were really scary, some very tense moments.

I thought the opening with the shaky camera action was great, also thought when Dad got into the quarantine area and started going crazy was intense.

Like I said, I really liked this one and would put it up there with Dawn Of The Dead and Land of the Dead in this new era of Zombie Flicks.

Like 28 Days Later, Weeks starts out kicking your ass and then falls apart towards the end.

Was violent though, which is a plus.

And again, these people are Infected. They are not Zombies.

EVILFACE said:
And again, these people are Infected. They are not Zombies.

For some of the movies Zombies are just people infected with a virus.

Possibly a supernatural virus but a virus all the same.

Movies like Dawn of the Dead and Shaun of the Dead give no reason why the people are affected, but then again the source of the outbreak most of the time has nothing to do with the plot of the movie. The plot of these movies is generally the same, just like it says in the Zombie Survival Guide - survive.

There is no winning, only survival.

Back