212th Attack Battalion: Utapau Clone Trooper - official photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks really good... the weathering and detail work is especially nice. Also, the helmet looks like it really was improved from the proto.

I have the exclusive on order... still wondering if I want the fugly stand or not. I just find it hard to break the exclusive bug :lol

Canceled the exclusive and will get the regular from Cornerstore or Vikingplayground. Looks good so far, hoping the body will hold up for posing.

212_9.jpg

212_01.jpg

I can't see anything wrong with the helmet either - but there aren't any close ups of the 212 helmet in the film, but I can't see any discrepancies.

The nose bridge where it meets the mouth area is too narrow, because it is 1/3 of how thick it SHOULD be.(the black area I mean.)

I can still see the helmet inaccuracies, but they do not appear to be as intrusive as they could have been (i.e. - the prototype).

What does concern me is Dave's comment that the looseness is the same as Clone Kenobi. The Kenobi I personally saw was way too floppy although not as bad as Indy.

Now, hopefully Dave can clarify if he means that the Utapau Trooper is:

A) as loose as the "worst case scenario" Kenobi

or

B) as loose as his own Kenobi figure, which hopefully was one of the tighter ones

At this point, it would be expected that the looseness issues are all but worked out here.

So...here's to hoping... :eek:

Nice looking figure . . . .

if it isnt stood next to a Medi :D

Well...judge for yourself.

212_med.jpg

212_med2.jpg

212_med3.jpg

212_med4.jpg

The weathering is far superior on the SSC. I think the bucketheads will agree that the helmet is also a better shape on the SSC (that is if all the battalions have exactly the same helmet). The Medicom armor is too white and makes it appear more toy-like and it's a softer look, more sharp edges on the SSC. The Medi has actually sewn ridges in the bodysuit, but they're out of scale. The printed ones on the SSC make that body suit look more accurate.

The Medicom body is tighter though.

Nice pics. Thanks
What is the scale difference between the Medi and SSC? Is the height the same? The Medi just appears slimmer to me.

I'm curious to see if the weathering is 100% the same on all of these or if they are unique or at least have some variantion to them. That as the one thing I didn't like about Hasbro's 3 3/4" clone weathering. They all had the exact same markings on them.

Back