2016 Hot Toys Catalog

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So looks like the rest of the Civil War lineup that was shown at Toy Soul. No 'New Avenger' Scarlet Witch (probably waiting until the dust clears on AoU SW and Quicksilver), and no tease yet of the one CW figure we can probably bet our life on will one day come, and that's IM Mk46. Again, they'll want the dust to settle on the PP first I suppose..

Interesting also. Hot Toys have pushed back the Terminator Guardian, but put photos up of the endoskeleton in the last couple of days on Facebook.

The arnie figure wasn't pushed back. Its original announced release was up through q1 2016. Still 5-6 weeks before its past that. And announcing a figure has no impact on that stuff

People seem to think that when sideshow adjusts it's guesstimated schedule that means that hot toys changed something. Most of the time it doesn't. Hot toys gives a 3-6 month release window. Sideshow needs to pick a date to tell customers and they usually go with the start of the release window so people can't complain they don't have the money if it comes in the start of the window(and yes, figures come at the start or even earlier then announced. Hawkeye, black widow, cap, 43, mk7 stealth, Thor where all released early last year alone). But they usually have to adjust it to the back of the window or later. But that doesn't mean the figure is late or hot toys changed anything.

The arnie figure wasn't pushed back. Its original announced release was up through q1 2016. Still 5-6 weeks before its past that. And announcing a figure has no impact on that stuff

People seem to think that when sideshow adjusts it's guesstimated schedule that means that hot toys changed something. Most of the time it doesn't. Hot toys gives a 3-6 month release window. Sideshow needs to pick a date to tell customers and they usually go with the start of the release window so people can't complain they don't have the money if it comes in the start of the window(and yes, figures come at the start or even earlier then announced. Hawkeye, black widow, cap, 43, mk7 stealth, Thor where all released early last year alone). But they usually have to adjust it to the back of the window or later. But that doesn't mean the figure is late or hot toys changed anything.

I'll reword... I meant from the point of view of Sideshow's dates changing, but somehow in my head I wrote it as Hot Toys.. :lol .. And I agree with what you've just said..

No.. my bad, because I wrote it. ;) (and re-read it after thinking why the hell did I write that?) ... I'll blame only getting out of bed an our ago, or the dog dying a couple of days ago, or maybe it's just I'm blonde and getting older... :panic:

At least power loader Ripley and Big Chap are in the catalog. Hope that means they are coming for sure. Does anyone know the differences between the BTTF I & II Deloreans? Looks like I'll cancel the first one and wait for II. I know this is only a sampling, with many more pieces and announcements to come--Star Wars, BvS, Civil War, Suicide Squad, etc.

At least power loader Ripley and Big Chap are in the catalog. Hope that means they are coming for sure. Does anyone know the differences between the BTTF I & II Deloreans? Looks like I'll cancel the first one and wait for II. I know this is only a sampling, with many more pieces and announcements to come--Star Wars, BvS, Civil War, Suicide Squad, etc.

Don't cancel the first Delorean in hopes we get the BTTF II version. Just because the V2 is shown in the catalog doesn't mean Hot Toys will actually make it.

There are differences like V2 Hovers and no longer needs Plutonium to run. How do you not know that?? :lecture

I'm hoping this means we have a chance of actually seeing Yellowjacket.

And wow, still no Wonder Woman? I wonder if Hot Toys is having some problems with the figure? Maybe they're (dare I dream?) developing a new, more muscular female body for her?

I'm hoping this means we have a chance of actually seeing Yellowjacket.

And wow, still no Wonder Woman? I wonder if Hot Toys is having some problems with the figure? Maybe they're (dare I dream?) developing a new, more muscular female body for her?

The issue with wonder women not being in the catalog has nothing to do with a production issue. The catalog was sent to the printers last fall. Knowing everything leaks they didn't include figures that where not going to be ready by toy soul. Not a big deal really.

I guess Drax really isn't coming.

People need to relax on reading WAY to much into stuff. The trailers and a Facebook share and what is or isn't in a catolog or at a specific show. Breathe.

There where 12 figures I can think of off the top of my head that where put up for PO last year that where not in that versions catalog. There's already a couple this year. One today in fact. And there where figures in last years catalog that have not been released. There are figures that where not shown at shows that went up for PO and figures shown at shows that did not.

Until a item is officially cancelled by hot toys or is put up for Po then it's all marketing and public relations. Drax was shown at shows last fall. They have made three prototypes. He will get a figure.

It takes time. They have lots going on. Only 1%... Again ONE PERCENT...of figures teased by hot toys in their entire 15 year history have NOT gotten released. And out of those all but three have been fully explained as to why by hot toys. So 3 figures out of 500ish is all in 15 years that just never made it to release and there's no reason given. But every time a figure takes time people make sweeping declarations or call it's doom. Lol heard the same thing for Returns batman for two years. And that got a Po and a release..and came with more then we expected.

Let's just enjoy what we do get and worry less about what we don't. Statistics say if they tease it we will get it.

That figure was never teased, and was in the group of ones they talked about.

All hot toys ever said was it was a possibility. (Returns penguin and catwomen) Drax was given 3 prototypes.(unpainted, painted, redone) and shown at multiple conventions. Massive difference.

A teased figure is one they actually made and showed. Not just something they talked about in two interviews.

Back