2013 Oscar Nominations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skyfall gets nominated for the blandest score ever before the hobbit?

clint-eastwood-disgusted-gif.gif

Shore's score for Two Towers didn't receive a nomination because it contained too much material from a previous score (Fellowship, of course) and was considered ineligible. The rules have changed a bit since then and The Hobbit is eligible for a nomination, but I think that so many existing themes from LOTR were used that some voters might think that Shore has already been given an Oscar for a good chunk of The Hobbit's score. Probably the most memorable new theme was the Misty Mountain song, and although it was used a lot throughout the score, Shore didn't write it. I thought it would have received a nomination for best song, and that surprised me more than the lack of a score nomination.

I think it's a bit of poetic justice that Wally Pfister publicly calls Seamus McGarvey's work on Avengers apalling, and then Seamus McGarvey receives an Oscar nomination for his work on Anna Karenina while Pfister's work on TDKR is ignored by the Academy. Maybe snobbishly insulting the work of his peers hurt his chances this year.

well won't be watching the oscars this year.
THE DARK KNIGHT RISES is the movie of 2012 for me.

all these awards are crap.
last nite the people choise awards ****ing hunger games wins.
give me a ****ing break.

give me a ****ing break.

I bet if some Nolan film was nomiated you wouldn't call them crap :lol

hell yeaa it begins ***ing nolan should get an oscar for making the best superhero trylogy ever made.

Nolan didn't direct the Spider-Man trilogy :monkey1

And it begins.

attachment.php

Is Silver Linings Playbook really this good to get this many nods? I didn't see it because it looked like a typical Bradley Cooper love story.

Oh and of course no Batman. I don't care how much you fanboys love it, if you actually judge it fairly and technically, it's a disjointed, poorly written joke.

Is Silver Linings Playbook really this good to get this many nods? I didn't see it because it looked like a typical Bradley Cooper love story.

Oh and of course no Batman. I don't care how much you fanboys love it, if you actually judge it fairly and technically, it's a disjointed, poorly written joke.

Apparently it's very good. I can't wait to see it.

The only thing that surprises me is I expected to see more nods to Wes for Moonrise Kingdom. I could have sworn Midnight in Paris got nominated across the board last year, and Moonrise was a much funner just as tightly made movie.

Oh and no Bill Murray nom for best Actor as Roosevelt? I thought that was why he took the role. Will be interested to see how that snub plays into his career and Ghostbusters 3.

I think it's a bit of poetic justice that Wally Pfister publicly calls Seamus McGarvey's work on Avengers apalling, and then Seamus McGarvey receives an Oscar nomination for his work on Anna Karenina while Pfister's work on TDKR is ignored by the Academy. Maybe snobbishly insulting the work of his peers hurt his chances this year.

Oh snap! That's gotta burn. :lol

They could also go the extra mile and give Les Miserable a Special Achievement Award for "Most Extras ever seen on Film since the Silent Era." ;)

give me a ****ing break.

FAVORITE MOVIE

The Hunger Games

FAVORITE MOVIE FRANCHISE

The Hunger Games

FAVORITE ACTION MOVIE

The Hunger Games

FAVORITE ON-SCREEN CHEMSITRY

Jennifer Lawrence & Josh Hutcherson & Liam Hemsworth - The Hunger Games

People's choice is essentially all the middle school kids who text in their vote before 8pm bedtime and thats how the winner is chosen.

Putting any stock in that is letting a 13yr old girl tell you what a good movie is. :lol

hell yeaa it begins ***ing nolan should get an oscar for making the best superhero trylogy ever made.

come on guys deep inside of you you all know this. stop denying it.
he deserves some sort of recognition for hes amazing work.

Please stop lol.

Back