2010 fifa world cup south africa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The guy who got the handball might just become the MVP of this game if Ghana loses in PKs.

how is it that a guy can have a hand ball on a ball that is 100% gonna go in, but they dont count it? I would have thought it would be similar to a goaltending call in bball...........pretty stupid imo, just like the lack of replay is stupid.

Wow, I feel so bad for Ghana, they had the game won, then taken by a handball. Then had a chance to win on PK, hits the bar. Then to lose on PKs. That has to be the worst lose EVER.

Poor, poor Ghana.... they must be crushed.

BTW, their PK misses in the shootout were all poorly taken.... VERY poorly.

Yeah if you going to hit it that easy you need pinpoint placement on the post. Theres were still better then the Uruguay miss.

Definition of a VETERAN MOVE by Suarez:lol Pull some dirty move, keeping your team alive, forcing Gyan to win it again... Although it wasn’t the classiest move by Suarez, you have to admit it was a good move for his team. The blame falls completely on Ghana for not sinking that PK and letting the more experienced, crafty south Americans steal a spot in the semi’s.....

Tuff break for Africa, was pulling for them. They deserved to be in the Semi's.

URU will get theirs in the next match. Lugano might not play if the injury is serious, and Suarez Dirty/Smart ass (how ever you want to look at it) is suspended.

Last edited:
Uruguay undeservedly go through to the next round.

I hope the cheats get smashed by the Dutch

Frankly I saw nothing from either side that seemed obviously capable of beating the Dutch.

You say Uruguay are 'cheats', but the Urguaian player did what he had to do within the context of the game to prevent a goal and the proper penalty was assigned. It is not like they got away with something which wnet unnoticed by the officials. Ghana had a chance to end the game on that PK.

And Ghana received a rather dubious freekick to even set the last freekick in motion.

That match was awesome! Feel horrible for the guys from Ghana but they had numerous chances to win.

Frankly I saw nothing from either side that seemed obviously capable of beating the Dutch.

You say Uruguay are 'cheats', but the Urguaian player did what he had to do within the context of the game to prevent a goal and the proper penalty was assigned. It is not like they got away with something which wnet unnoticed by the officials. Ghana had a chance to end the game on that PK.

And Ghana received a rather dubious freekick to even set the last freekick in motion.

I agree 100 %. It’s not like the handball wasn't seen by the refs. It was, and a PK was awarded. Even if Suarez was attempting to cheat, he didn't get away with it. He knew exactly what he was doing having his arms up that high on the goal line at the end of extra time, sacrificing receiving a red card and giving up a PK is better then loosing with no time left in extra time......

I say he is a Cheat, because that is what he is.
I hope the Dutch destroy them, just so that cheat never kicks another ball in this World Cup.

Both teams played well. Once it went to pens is was Uruguay all the way. Kevin Prince was awesome by and large. How he was playing for Pompey last season is beyond me.

So is every player who commits a foul, or flops even a little a cheater? IF so then yep he cheated if not then he commited a foul, got caught payed the penalty and Ghana failed to make use of it.

Then again I had a coach me our team if your not cheating your not trying.

Back