2007 Animated maquettes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tomandshell said:
And the end of the line might not be entirely GG's decision. Lucas & Co. may want the license to end so that they can focus instead on the upcoming CGI Clone Wars series. They possibly don't want GG to continue merchandising one version of the Clone Wars characters when another one is just around the corner. I have a feeling that GG will announce a new Clone Wars line when the show gets here.

I had thought about this and wondered if that played any roll in the decision. So there is still hope. Of course, we have no idea what the new CW series will be about or focus on since they did cover pretty much a broad stretch of it in the original series. I wonder if they will focus on some of the stories of the comics?

tomandshell said:
...I have a feeling that GG will announce a new Clone Wars line when the show gets here.

I hope so. I for one don't have a problem if they don't make Durge. Now that Mace is coming, all I'll need to be happy is Shaak Ti and Dooku.

I'm so scared of missing out on this Mace. Have they announced what event he'll be an exclusive for?

Darth Loki said:
I'm so scared of missing out on this Mace. Have they announced what event he'll be an exclusive for?

I am still holding out hope that he will be a retailer exclusive rather than an event exclusive. Several of the exclusives that GG have premiered this weekend will not be specific to certain events, but rather to certain websites.

I have a feeling that someone like Mike at Razor's Edge is going to be getting a retailer exclusive with one of these.

But I am just hoping that Mace is exclusive to Star Wars Shop and not a convention.

tomandshell said:
I have a feeling that someone like Mike at Razor's Edge is going to be getting a retailer exclusive with one of these.

But I am just hoping that Mace is exclusive to Star Wars Shop and not a convention.

I'm not getting my hopes up. If Mike gets this I won't be worried at all. I know I'll be able to get one. I'd even settle for a SW shop exclusive. Any convention seriously cripples my chances and pretty much means I have to rely on the kindness of others.

tomandshell said:
We were told that there would be a few releases left before the end of the line. Roron finally went up for preorder, then Yoda on Kybuck, and now we see Exclusive Mace and hear reports from Toy Fair that GG have confirmed that he will be the last one in the line. Far too many CW characters left undone and it's a bummer.

They are moving on to the movie characters now--but there's a chance that we will see all of the most wanted CW characters in that line except Durge, because Dooku, Sidious, Kit Fisto, Shaak Ti and the others appeared in the films. It's not strictly an OT line, but rather a film line instead of a Clone Wars animated series line. GG have said that they would be interested in doing prequel characters (like Maul) as a part of the animated Star Wars film line, but their emphasis is on the original trilogy for now.

So, there is no chance that we will get a Durge, but some of those others might eventually surface.

That's a good point Tom. I haven't thought about that. There's a chance to see Dooku, Sidious, Shaak Ti, Kit Fisto and others from the prequel trilogy as those are in the movies, not only in the Clone Wars serie as you said. So let's see what the future brings and If those characters won't be made or announced then we'll start a petition... anyways, as Rob Coleman said in an interview last week, It seems Gentle Giant is now focusing on the development of the new animated maquettes from the Clone Wars 3d animated serie, and we can look forward to Fabulous things as Rob said.

I already have animated Leia, Vader, Boba, and waiting for Luke in Dagobah swamp.

After that, I'm done with this line.

Selling off my animated Clone Wars Barriss Offee/Luminaya as they no longer hold my interest, anymore.

Just got into collecting these older animated statues... They're the perfect size for my office shelves ....

Office01.jpg

Office02.jpg

Office03.jpg

Office04.jpg

Great pics!

GG really nailed these, I have the Boba and Stormie.

Never understood why they stopped making them, their PT and OT maquettes were awesome.

Back